why does it take nissan so damn long to preorder

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
altismo

i dont understand why nissan takes so much time....8 weeks...to get my damn car... why cant they put more manual transmissions 3.5 se on the lot. They would all sell anyway?

Kasper08
Car: Car in the Avatar

what i hear is they don't want to sell many 6spds because they are promoting they're AMAZING cvt lol and the car is i think $1400 more than the 6-spd and the 8 weeks if i'm not mistaken is the time it takes to build your car and have it shipped to your dealership plus they are backed up on orders

hattrix
Car: 2008 Azure Blue 3.5 Altima Coupe

Casper is right, Nissan is heavily promoting their CVT. In many articles they act like they reinvented the wheel or something. I mean, I love the CVT but jeez, give customers what they want. Obviously there is a demand for the 6 speed. I have never seen one on a lot. Pretty much everyone I have heard about has been ordered.

zxe010

As of yesterday, Hayward Nissan can get a 3.5SE, 6-speed manual, prem package, winter frost & wind def from their sister store. Maybe you can come up to Hayward or if their sister store is closer to San Diego you can check it out. I already preordered mine so I got about 4 more weeks to go.

ndfrspeed2
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE, 6spd, Dark Slate

I checked most of the dealerships in NC and VA before I ordered mine from my local dealer. I agree. JUST STOCK SOME 6 SPDs. I've got 6-8 weeks to go......

sewright

When I ordered mine there were a couple 6-speeds red w/ premium package out there. One in Mass, and one in Virginia. Neither dealer would trade to my dealer. Grubby b*stards. So now I am 4 weeks into my wait. I stopped to talk to the salesman today to see the progress, it was supposed to go into production within the past week, but he was tied up.

A friend of mine ordered a Mustang, he was able to find a means to track it online. That would make it easier to wait.

flipr
Car: '08 Azure Blue Coupe, luvin' it!

altismo wrote:i dont understand why nissan takes so much time....8 weeks...to get my damn car... why cant they put more manual transmissions 3.5 se on the lot. They would all sell anyway?
I ordered mine, June 15 to July 26, ordered with CVT. For the dealers, its a matter of market: anyone with a drivers license is a potential buyer of CVT, only some folks will want the 6spd.

I had 1 dealer tell me they had no idea what they were getting in, Nissan was just sending them out. I don't believe that for a minute.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”