Why did you buy your Cube?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
Nagalf
Car: 90 Nissan 300zx n/a to tt, 87 mustang 5.0 cobra, 97 gst

Just curious, am kind of interested in a cube myself but im not a fan of the rear bumper.

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Because of the room, gas milage, and easy to drive. Why don't you like the rear bumper?

SuperFluke

1. Its a nissan, nissan hasn't failed me yet. and will not fail me.2. The room it provides.3. Gas mileage.4. Price5. Price after 4.5k back from cash for clunkers.6. To be unique.

cordkc

As I mentioned in the "Will I fit Thread", I am 7'1" tall. I tried on every car, van and SUV out there. The only vehicle that I could find out there that I was comfortable driving was the Altima. I was at a dealership to buy one when for interest sake, I sat in the Cube... It had way more room than ANY other vehicle I had tried... and then some!Cheers

Iowacube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube

I just bought my Cube this past weekend Thanks in part to a cash for clunkers deal. I was wanting something small and good on gas plus roomy enough for my two small children. I looked at many diffrent makes and models. In the under 20 thousand price range the Nissan cube was by far the best value, It has everything I was looking for, Also.... Having owned many diffrent cars over the past 25 years or so I was getting a little bored with current car designs. Everything looks the same. My 05 Kia Spectra looked like everything else on the road. The Cube is diffrent, Its Inovative, The only thing that comes close is the Scion but, the Cube is Way better in my opinion. As for the rear bumper. I think it has sort of a retro 60's vibe to it that I really like. Im very happy that I decided on the Nissan Cube and I see myself driving this one for a long long time.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Cheap, lots of features for the money, Nissan reliability, room for 5, funky / not boring, and I needed a commuter with a warranty.

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

1. Cash for clunker (replaced 97 Q45)2. Look (I like the attentions, makes me feel young again )3. space and practicality (expecting a new baby so large door, higher seat are pluses)4. nissan reliablity but lower prices than Honda/Toyota5. features included in based model (rear curtain airbags, abs, tcs, tire sensor, 6sp manual, tinted window, power stuffs, keyless entry, ....)6. quiet (the car is very quiet compare to my last Civic and has not rattles)

AZRP
Car: Cube

I haven't driven anything but full sized pickups for the last 30 years. A couple weeks ago I was at work and saw a pop up ad for the Cube on my computer. Something about the look with the wrap around window really got my attention. I went over to the dealership to see one in person, don't really know why, wasn't in the market for a new vehicle. I sat down in this thing and thought it was as easy to get in and out of as my truck and had every bit as much room. Then I drove it and was impressed with the performance and the ride. I think the sales gal was floored when I got out of it and said write it up I'll take it. -RP

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Welcome aboard, AZRP - I looooove Oro Valley, used to work down in Catalina.

It's true - Easiest car to get in / out of that I've ever drven... and the cupholder by the driver door is SO freaking cool.

Touge-Z32
Car: 1993 NA 300ZX 2+0

When I was in Japan back in 2005 my wife liked how the exterior of the second gen cube looked but the interior wasn't quite good. The differences of the 3d and 2nd is huge when it comes to comfort, room, and style as the 3d gen well exceeds except for all the storage spaces in the 2nd gen. I don't know if she would wanted the second gen if it would of came to the states. After I showed her the aftermarket sunroof that i posted up a while back and she wants as quoted "it would complete my cuby".

Marszain
Car: 2009 Cube

1. The room it provides.2. Gas mileage.3. Price after 4.5k back from cash for clunkers.4. The six speed.

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

Room. I sat in a lot of small cars and hated nearly all of them. The cube feels big inside. I wanted something with four doors and the ease of entry into the rear doors is great. Also the view, especially out the front window. I'm not a fan of those steeply inclined windshields on so many of the smaller cars. The big side-swing rear door was a clincher.

BrassMomkey

I purchased my Cube two days ago, and the question you might want to ask is "WHY NOT GET THE CUBE" but then again you would not get anything out of that post would ya. This a a very SOLID car. You know how you can get a feel for the fit and finish by the sound the door makes when you shut it.... Well shut the door and you will be sold!

gypsysooners
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube (Scarlet)

My wife loved the looks, it's her 'car' toon!

For me it was the cup holder, for my beer, right by the AC vent! Very thoughtful!

D3stro

1- It's a Nissan2- the room in it3- gas mileage4- the look of it5-the confort6- Baby stuff take place7- to be different!

OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

I bought mine because the Cube looked like such a futuristic car, unlike any other. The wraparound window was one of the coolest features. It also got great gas mileage and it was affordable. And the CVT transmission makes it for an easy smooth ride

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

just got a itch for it, next wek it was on my garage lol!

but overall because is a nissan

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

I needed something that could hold all my photo gear, my wife's photo gear, our dog(s), future children, looked funky...and yet still be great on gas. Our original thought was an FJ Cruiser, but those things suck gas like you wouldn't believe! Why, oh why, didn't they use the 4x4 drivetrain from the Taco instead of a 4Runner's gas-guzzling AWD system?!?!?! Grrrr....

There you have it. The Cube just fits the bill!Also, the wife has been wanting a Smart car (ugh...) for a while now, but the Cube satisfies her "cute craving". Frickin' SOLD!!!

D3stro

And one other reason why I got a cube. I don't from your side in the US, but here in Quebec, and you can see 20 Kia Soul for 1 cube on the road, ain't that much popular. It's like seeing Civic and Ferrari ratio. Everytime I drive it, I feel like on a mission, a mission to make the people love it, it's a head turner.

Solar_Runner

AZhitman wrote: It's true - Easiest car to get in / out of that I've ever drven... and the cupholder by the driver door is SO freaking cool.
This is what I want to hear. I injured my neck several times while in the AF. I am now looking at vehicles with tall roof lines that ease entry and egress. It hurts to get into a car that I have to tilt my head to clear the roof line.

The Cube is my #1 choice. I dig Nissans/Datsuns and the Cube is different enough to please me.

One big question: How do the CVTs hold up?

George

lkptpete
Car: 2009 cube

1. Cash for clunkers became available (said goodbye to my beloved 1992 Q45)2. Wanted something inexpensive, efficient, and unique3. Looked at the Kia soul, but the Kia dealer is 40 minutes from the house and I was not treated well when I walked in (on two separate occasions). Never even drove it.4. Local Nissan dealer 10 minutes form the house.5. Already had a relationship with the dealer since they used to be an infiniti/nissan dealer years ago and some of the old guard are still there.6. The rear window asymmetric look is just so cool looking!

That's about it!

-Pete

dogzebra
Car: 2010 Silver 1.8s cvt

The cube's dynamic looks and well thought out design compared to the run of the mill 'Used Soap Bar' looking cars, makes it my choice because it fits my family needs. It's amazing how many cars that I simply can't fit into comfortably because of my height, 6'4". Either my head hits the roof or door frame, or my knees bang on the dash. Also we needed a car that could comfortably seat rear passengers while I'm driving. We have an '08 Xb that we love dearly and we actually had our hearts set on buying another one to replace my wife's aging minivan.

When my wife suggested we buy another Xb and sell off her Voyager, I agreed. Trouble was there weren't any auto trans, Xbs around the area during my first reconnoiter, but I did remember seeing a single new cube sitting on a local lot and we went over to check it out. We were approached by a salesman who asked, "Something I help you guys with?" I was the only 'guy' standing there, then there was my wife and daughter. So I said, "Nah. If we need you, I'll come look you up." As we were looking at the sticker of a brown Cube, Moses, rode up to us on a bicycle. My wife and I were impressed with Moses' mannerism and after he asked if we would like to test drive this Cube, "Yes, please." was our response. Moses was very knowledgeable of his product and we were satisfied with the test vehicle, but we just didn't care its color. We wanted a silver one.

Well, we now own a 2010 silver cube; one that, Moses, found for us in St. Charles, MO. No discounted sale price, complimentary oil changes, no hat, pens, license plate frames, key fobs, coffee mugs, free popcorn...nada.

Our old Voyager didn't last an hour sitting on our front lawn, then it was sold. My wife took over our Xb. So I took over the cube. So far, I really like the it. I think the cube's seating position is better for me than it is in the Xb, but I think the seats in the Xb support me better. The cube rides nicer on the hi-way, but the Xb handles better in mountainous terrain. I like rear reclining seats of the cube, but it holds less cargo than the Xb.

Our family of three went on a two week jaunt last year and drove 6,300 miles out to Glacier Park and back. Xb's 2.4 and 4spd. auto is more zippy than the 1.8 w/CVT. While on our trip the fully loaded Xb averaged 32mpg. I was impressed. So far, city/town driving in the cube for its first 2,000 miles has the trip stuck on 34.5mpg with the last tank full yielding 32.6mpg w/hand calculator. I think mileage may pick up whenever I change over to Mobile 1, but I'll wait 'til the warrantee is expired since Nissan requires more frequent oil changes than I deem neccessary. I'd rather go 6,000mi with the full synthetic.

For mods, I've had the cube pinstriped, as are all of my vehicles, and slapped on a set of ripple hub caps to go along with the cube's other ripple effects. I also applied a set of "Flying Toaster Edition" stickers to the front doors and rear bumper. This car turns a lot of heads.

The cube is a fun car.

dz

CubeRich
Car: 2010 Cube 18.S

My wife and I are professional photographers, and we needed something that could haul lots of gear and be fairly efficient on gas... I'm a car guy, I've previously had 2 modded civics, and an RSX, so whatever we got had to still be cool. I started looking around and the cube just checked off all of the right boxes... I'm in the process of modding it now.., DVD/Nav headunit, HID's, just ordered some wheels and picking up some coilovers soon... It turns heads now, stock... can't wait to see how people react once its hooked up nicely.

kranckerx
Car: 09' Nissan Cube

Hi there,

When the first time I saw this Nissan Cube in Consumer's Report Magazine, I dont know it just that I guess I got loved at first sight on this vehicle. So when it got release here in North America, I thought rather than buying a new generation Scion xB, instead
I purchased Nissan Cube because its more stylish, unique, very fuel-efficient and spacious on the inside.

"Keep rockin Cube-Toaster"
:naughty:

meisrandy1

I really dont know why i got a cube but i just love it! all my friends are pretty much honda guys s2k civic preludes so on... they all hate me for buying a cube and hate my cube but i love it and i dont care. once i go hella flush ill pull up and laugh at there hondas and say try to fix these wheels on your honda.

EvoRay
Car: 09 cube 6spd

cause i needed to cut back on expenses like gas and car payment....and nissan was the only 1 that will still give me a loan since i had my frontier with their bank for 2 yrs already... .so the cube is half the payment...bout half the gas, and 2 years newer.. but get pretty bored when i drive it...n it doesnt help when ur friends like to make fun of u for it...lol

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

IN the same boat as Randy, I have always been a German car enthusiast, still am. Just can't afford the modifications to my current W126.045. Growing up I have always had a MB or an Infiniti. Through these financial times I decided to trade up/down for a cube cause it was strikingly awesome and easier on the pockets.

ChopsQube
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube 1.8

Because now that I have a girlfriend with a 12 year old daughter, we need room for that extra person and more, plus groceries and such, and better gas mileage. The ole' Miata didn't provide any of that, and it was getting to the point of needing some expensive repairs, not to mention I still owed another two years on an 8 year old car. I just couldn't justify it anymore.

Believe it or not, the Cube is just slightly quicker and faster than the Miata, and handling isn't too far off either. Just a few little add-on's and tweaks and it should be pretty close to a stock Miata. The stock Cube suspension is actually pretty firm. It's the tires on the stock skinny wheels that makes it deceiving. Put those same stock tires on a slightly wider wheel and it makes all the difference in the world!

Return to “Cube Forum”