Why couldn't the grill be all chrome?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

ooh i think i'll order those. they'll look AWESOME on my iridium graphite.

will the 3m tape really hold it through car washes and stuff though?

WestCo Justin
Car: S13 coupe

Genuine Nissan Accessories carry a 1 yr/12000mi warranty just like most OEM parts do. Just something to keep in mind.
websfear wrote:
Guess the web site needs updating...

"Direct bolt on, genuine Nissan accessory. "
Updated, just for you

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Yup. That 3M stuff really works. Just be sure you align the thing right the first time.......cuz there ain't no goin back.

Jaded TC
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Are these made of plastic?

EddNog

Yes, they're plastic. Here're pics installed on my Indigo Blue SL; they go great with my license plate, which has a bird on it!

Click any pic to zoom in:

Also debadged the rear while I was at it.

-Ed

Jaded TC

Wow, that looks pretty frickin' good. I've been hesitating because of the cost of them. Your pics may have sold me.

tw34k
Car: 2007 350Z Enthusiast - Solar Orange***2008 Rogue SL-FWD ( NOT Rouge ) First Rogue Sold in Tacoma /

Wow Edd...Your Baby is looking good !!

It may be a couple of more months but I'm gonna have to order a set of those. They really finish off the front end.

All you need now is a rear spoiler like mine.....Only in Blue of course.

I'm still indifferent about the debadging...I suppose it does make for a cleaner look in the rear, and will make people ask "What kind of car is that?"

But the whole thing does look great.....I cant wait until the '09s roll out...I'm gonna have to get one for just me. My wife has pretty much taken over this one.

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Why not chrome up the back

and

and for the sides

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

EddNog

The chrome strip on the bottom may be interesting, especially for darker color Rogues, I guess.

I'm not a fan of the chrome pillar trim if the windows are not framed in chrome, know what I mean? Especially if they're fat swaths of chrome in the middle of a sea of black. That is just my personal opinion though and I'm sure there will be people doing it. I like the the chrome grille garnishes are pretty much self-containted and framed.

The chrome plate frame is a good idea. I already have black framed Weathertech Clearcovers from my previous car that I reused, but had I not had these, I probably would've gone with the chrome framed Clearcovers.

-Ed

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

EddNog, they looked so good on your Rouge, that I just ordered them for my Venom Red one. Once they come in I 'll post a picture.

Dakota4791
Car: Nissan Rogue

I like it better with the body color grill... I guess I'm in the minority.

WestCo Justin

EddNog wrote: -Ed

Lookin' good Ed!

MuranoRulz

I think certain colors like the blue look great with the chrome, and maybe others would look better with body color. WestCo, is there/will there be a gallery where different customer's color combinations with the different grills can be viewed?

rrs26ja
Car: 2008 Rouge, 1998 Maxima

It would be nice to see these on different color Rogue's before spending the money to get one. I agree it looks nice on the blue. I have a Gotham Grey Rogue.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

am i the only one who thinks 140 is a lot for a plastic piece that sticks on with tape? i'm not very familiar with modding or anything either though, just seems overpriced to me for what it actually is.

Jaded TC

jsellberg wrote:am i the only one who thinks 140 is a lot for a plastic piece that sticks on with tape? i'm not very familiar with modding or anything either though, just seems overpriced to me for what it actually is.
No, you are not alone. Plus minimum shipping to me is $15

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

jsellberg wrote:am i the only one who thinks 140 is a lot for a plastic piece that sticks on with tape? i'm not very familiar with modding or anything either though, just seems overpriced to me for what it actually is.
Yes, me too. However you have to remember that it a genuine Nissan part and not some third party part. I have not had a chance to ask my local dealer for their price.

Part of me is holding off until the winter is over. If the warantee is only 12 months, I don't want to buy it now and loose the first couple of months because of the weather.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

I understand everyones concern. However, I just received mine and I can assure you all that it is definitely a quality product. "Plastic" yes, but what a plastic! The chrome finish looks miles deep and I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between a metal grill and this one. Plastics have come a long, long way. And remember, it'll never rust. Can't mount mine yet, too cold, but I did duct tape them to my Gotham Grey, just to look, and they look really good.........something Nissan should have done in the first place. Takes away from that strange Subaru Tribeca look.

jsherm007
Car: 2008 Rogue

What's the best price anyone's found? I got a quote for $143 shipped to MN from a dealer in IL. Good thing is no sales tax, vs $150 here in MN + 6.5% tax = $159.75

Maybe some dealer would do a group buy if we had enough orders??? Some guy was selling them on Ebay for $129 + ~$11 shipping but it looks like he's sold out now, b/c I don't see the listing.

Jaded TC

jsherm007 wrote:Some guy was selling them on Ebay for $129 + ~$11 shipping but it looks like he's sold out now, b/c I don't see the listing.
They're back http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...34993

jsherm007

I'm soooooooooo close to pulling the trigger on this for my Indigo!

Superdave54

I have a Gotham Grey Rogue as well, and am going to order the chrome grill finishers today. If you are still waiting, I can send you pictures in a week or so when I have them installed.

Superdave54

Bancroft has these now. $150.

Here is the link: http://www.bancroftaccessories...d=268

I just ordered mine from the local dealer. Same price and tax is cheaper than shipping. Plus, it will be easy to take back if there is a defect.

Can't wait to see how they look.

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

Dealer in Mesa, AZ had them in stock bought them yesterday. Looks like Nissan must read this Forum

WestCo Justin

computerguy wrote:Dealer in Mesa, AZ had them in stock bought them yesterday. Looks like Nissan must read this Forum
We have them in stock here, they just sell so fast I have to order more.

WestCo Justin

MuranoRulz wrote:I think certain colors like the blue look great with the chrome, and maybe others would look better with body color. WestCo, is there/will there be a gallery where different customer's color combinations with the different grills can be viewed?
We have a gallery for members to upload their pics, so if you guys can... anyone who has installed so far load up your pics to the members gallery for all to see

http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.php?func=gallery

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

My 2009 Indigo Blue Rogue has a chrome grill. Why, did they not carry chrome grills at all for the 2008s?

EddNog

2009 Indigo Blue wrote:My 2009 Indigo Blue Rogue has a chrome grill. Why, did they not carry chrome grills at all for the 2008s?
Your dealership probably installed it on your car before you purchased it and included it into the cost. It is not standard.

-Ed

kazzan11236
Car: 2008 Nissan Rouge SL-FWD-Fully Loaded-Tints

mines came all chrome when i bought mines...

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

EddNog wrote:Your dealership probably installed it on your car before you purchased it and included it into the cost. It is not standard.

-Ed
Yes, I know it's extra & I'm glad I have it! I think it looks so much better. I got a good price for it though because I told the salesman that I didn't want to pay more than $22K.

Return to “Rogue Forum”