Why are people so inconsiderate???

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jlsatt00

Today, I was leaving work when I noticed something on passenger side, rear door on my Rogue. I went to inspect and found a dent with a large sratch (about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 wide). Upon further investigation, I found another similar mark on the front door. Add this to the dent I caught someone make in December and I have three dents with significant breaks in the paint on the side of my car!!!! My Rogue has also been fixed after being hit by a truck. At least in the accident, the guy paid to fix the damages.

It doesn't make sense. I make an effort to park away from others and I have NEVER damaged someone elses car by slamming my door into it! Why does this happen so often!! Why are people so rude and careless of other people's things?? Honestly, if you are going to be careless and damage someone's vehicle, shouldn't you be willing to get it fixed? I suppose leaving the damage to enrage the owner is much better strategy. I am just a tad bit angry, if you hadn't noticed.

92hatchattack
Car: 2008 Indigo Blue Nissan Rogue

I feel you pain my friend. My Rogue is 1 week old, and yesterday when walking out to the car i notice about 3 3" scratches around the left rear corner of the car, which were not there the previous day as i carefully washed the car. 1 Week old..... Sux..... like people can walk an extra 6" away from the car or something....

crypto1300
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Iridium Graphite Premium Package

Same here

After about a month our Rogue got the parking lot blessing on the front passenger door too.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Sorry to hear about your dings. That sucks! Unfortunately it seems to be the sorry current state of affairs in this country at present, respect someones property? respect someones right to do something you don't care to do? common courtsey? respect the beauty of our country by not littering? I know that it maybe just a few in our society that are like this but they seem to be growing in numbers, and I don't have a solution.

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

Well here's what *I* can't stand, on top of these inconsiderate drivers... THE SIZE OF THE PARKING SPOTS These Days! What is WITH THAT?!?!?! I just don't understand why we need to pack people in like sardines! What a joke.

Anthonysflying
Car: 2004 Silverstone 350z Touring

some people just dont care and open their door as far as they can. they tend to drive sh*tboxes (because they made them that way) and view cars as disposable items. does that fall under destruction of property? It isn't major damage but there is in fact Damage.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

You're absolutely right! Those parking spaces should be 6" wider. Also, When will they have spaces marked off for those who must, or just want, those humungous SUVs, pickups with campers, and others that you can't see around, over, under, or around? Even with $3 gas, they seem to be more prevelant than ever. Those people should park the things away from the rest of us.

PCY

When I just bought my Nissan 02 Maxima, I parked all the heck out there all the time and walked the extra distance everyday to my classes. After only 3 weeks, I returned to see my car in a hit&run accident on my front bumper. It was some idiot truck with a tow hitch, stabbing directly into my front bumper and left a baseball sized hole in it. Looked pretty retarted and took me 800 bucks to fix it.

After that incident, I just parked where-ever gets me there and nothing ever happend again for these years. I guess we shouldn't challenge our luck, just go natural; though I do tend to park the side-est spots to avoid at least one side contact.

-Peter-

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

Let's not get on the truck hating bandwagon, because I might have something to say about it as I drive a pickup truck as a daily driver.

Truck was bought way before gas prices started skyrocketing and I have a ranch and work for a construction company, so there is no way around not having it. I also live in Texas where having a Pickup is almost mandatory.. :-)

Back to the subject. I already have a dent in my Rogue as well. It's pretty small, but still makes me mad. Parking spots should be bigger, especially here in truck land. I do get extreme enjoyment when I witness something like that though. I'll either give them a earful or wait til they go inside and kick the side of their door..lol

mmyye
Car: blue rogue sl awd, leather premium and moonroof

one month after i purchased my rogue, one 1.1.2008 i parked my car on a parking meter in san francisco, after i came back i found out a dent on the driver side fender. I know it must be the car which parked next to me, when they open the door and hit on mine.... it was painful for me for few weeks....

jlsatt00

Although upset, I was able to deal with the first accident and the first door ding. It is door ding two and three that is really bothering me as they didn't just ding the car, they left significant scratches breaking the paint and dents. I think it was probably one car that parked and someone from both the front and back door dinged the car.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

I noticed right away how the Rogue's sides were very likely to be dinged. That's why I ordered the body side molding. Expensive, but worth it to me. Parking in an open area is really still the only way to avoid these people.

jlsatt00

Unfortunately, the side panels would not have helped in my case as the dents are higher. I am guessing they were caused by a truck or suv.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

jlsatt00 wrote:Unfortunately, the side panels would not have helped in my case as the dents are higher. I am guessing they were caused by a truck or suv.
Same here. An SUV put the dent in my car at the level of the door handle.

92hatchattack
Car: 2008 Indigo Blue Nissan Rogue

Now, 2 weeks into owning my rogue, i went outside and was admiring it while it was warming up. Much to my dismay i found a very large dent in my drivers side front fender... 2 WEEKS!!! funny thing is that im almost sure it was intentional.... ive parked a crappy car at my apartment for over 4 years and never so much as a ding.... people are just jelous i guess..

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

i went to sf today. parallel parked like nobodies business. LEFT AT LEAST 2 FEET OF ROOM BETWEEN THE CAR BEHIND ME AND MYSELF, and guess what?!

some ****ing douche bag pulls in behind me AND REAR ENDS ME. when i got to my car his civics stupid *** plastic license plate frame was smack in the middle of my back "bumper". it scratched the paint. i kicked his front fender so hard i set the alarm off. stupid ****ing *******. i should have broken his window or keyed his car or something. i wrote down his plate number and VIN and UofSF parking permit number, but i seriously doubt anyone will do anything.. i hope he ****ing chokes. seriously. he was pulling in straight forward. there is no excuse to hit any car when pulling in straight forward.

people are so trashy. i hope he chokes. seriously. i drove around for 35 mins looking for just the right spot to park in, enough room and everything and this jerk has to pull 4 feet farther forward that he needed to. like someone was really going to park on the CORNER. i hope he gets whats coming to him.

im still so pissed im shaking, and it happened 2 hours ago

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Jsellberg, I know you love your Rogue very much, sorry to hear that you got a bad day. I wonder he is jealous with your new car. I know your are very mad, sorry. I would be mad too.

mkaresh
Car: 2003 Mazda Protege5

Ticmxman wrote:Sorry to hear about your dings. That sucks! Unfortunately it seems to be the sorry current state of affairs in this country at present, respect someones property? respect someones right to do something you don't care to do? common courtsey? respect the beauty of our country by not littering? I know that it maybe just a few in our society that are like this but they seem to be growing in numbers, and I don't have a solution.
It has nothing to do with the country at present. People have always been careless with regard to other people's stuff. And often with regard to their own stuff as well.

chirp the 1-2

never fails some moron always gets me no matter where i park

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

went out to eat tonight and saw a smudge of white paint on my door handle.

the guy next to me is lucky it hit my door handle and was easily wiped away. jerks.

darens13
Car: '93 240sx, '90 chevy 1500, '49 dodge pickup

just the reason why i dont get a fresh coat of paint on my s13

Return to “Rogue Forum”