Whole truck shakes when turning wheel left to right.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
S14tat
Car: 2007 FX35
1994 Acura NSX
1996 Honda Accord coupe
1995 S14 KA-T *sold*

Hello guys, I just recently purchased a 2007 FX35 with the sport package but it came with snow tires. Everything is great except that I have this really weird problem. The entire vehicle shakes violently when I turn the steering wheel left or right at low speeds. The problem gets much worse when I have the brakes held like I'm parallel parking. The pump also happens to be silent the whole time.

The shaking starts as a light kick back at the steering wheel, and if I hold it in that position, the vibration gets bad to the point where the whole vehicle shakes. I have already tried to bleed the power steering, and I just flushed the power steering with dexron ATF as well. I have gotten the vehicle in the air and was able to turn the wheel left to right no problem. Also the shaking does not stop if I increase the engine rev to speed up the pump.

I'm stumped, has this happened to anyone?

Thanks.

S14tat
1994 Acura NSX
1996 Honda Accord coupe
1995 S14 KA-T *sold*

Update time.

I took the vehicle to the dealership for warranty, as it turns out, there is a crack in the rack and pinion. They did not specify where but I would assume its at one of the mounting points since I was no losing any fluid and the kick back felt like the rack was held in place and was moving around when there is pressure applied.

I'm going to pick the vehicle up tomorrow, so if it fixes the problem we can add this to the database for "possible fixes" for weird problems.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

That sounds like a rare issue. I have seen many broken FXs (from local body shops) over the years and I've never seen a broken rack cause that type issue. My first guess would have been a seizing CV joint, if that was good I would have looked at the front differential, then the transfer case.

I wish you the best with the repair.

S14tat
1994 Acura NSX
1996 Honda Accord coupe
1995 S14 KA-T *sold*

thanks for the reply steve, I have actually picked up the truck two nights ago. The truck is now flawless, the rack cracked at the mounting points which caused the rack to move all over the place when your trying to stop the wheel from turning by holding the brake down. Definitely a rare occurrence but one to add to the data if other people might have experienced this in the future.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

Pssst....Its not a TRUCK, infiniti makes a truck but the FX is not it.

WHEELMAN1962

First off its not a truck.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”