who wants money?

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
youngmoney
Car: 93 240sx SE

alright heres the deal. my 93 project is almost done. im piss scared that im going to f*** it up so ill pay someone to do it. all you have to do is get the timing chain (aka satans ***hole) on and help me put the fan on and you get paid. 250$ bucks sounds fair? plus ill throw in some beer and blunts...if you're into that sort of thing. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

jeff420
Car: too many to fathom

come on down here to tx, i got ya lol

youngmoney

ha i wish. i desperately need this car running. anyone else?

jeff you are more than welcome to come up to neosho

if someone can get my 240 drivable ill give them 300 straight up. 250 if they just help with most of the work. its a good deal if you're local.

youngmoney

i just got a thousand so if you're worried about not getting paid dont sweat it. if you fix my car and i dont have money to pay you (which i do) ill give you my 240 to drive off in. im not trying to rip anyone off here i just desperately need my car fixed.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

if you are gonna pay someone to do it take it to a shop. I'd help but I'm far away.

blacksrjdm
Car: 89 240sx, 99 CBR900RR.

breadbox wrote:if you are gonna pay someone to do it take it to a shop. I'd help but I'm far away.
That would certainly make sense.

youngmoney

ive never trusted mechanics. red neck mechanics around here would be like "zeek you ever seen one of these twin cam crazy cars" plus i would have to have it towed there and back plus mechanic fees. if someone can get it all timed i think i can do the rest.

Ter240sx
Car: 1993 240sx w/ SR

i hear ya on the redneck part lol

blacksrjdm

I am sure that there is a reputable mechanic in your area. Get it towed there and drive it home... Saves the tow home, which would make sense seeing that the mechanic should get it running. U said you dont trust local mechanics, but you want to trust just anyone on here to fix it for you. Check out the FSM, set the crank and cams to TDC and put on the chain, allow tension on the chain, check your marks, and put the engine back together. This is not that tough. Obviously you took it apart, put it back together.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

The place I take cars to get worked on that I don't feel like messing with has a tow service and if your car gets fixed by them you don't pay for the tow. So maybe there is something like that near you. Plus most shops that have been around for 10 years plus aren't filled with retards.

youngmoney

blacksrjdm wrote:I am sure that there is a reputable mechanic in your area. Get it towed there and drive it home... Saves the tow home, which would make sense seeing that the mechanic should get it running. U said you dont trust local mechanics, but you want to trust just anyone on here to fix it for you. Check out the FSM, set the crank and cams to TDC and put on the chain, allow tension on the chain, check your marks, and put the engine back together. This is not that tough. Obviously you took it apart, put it back together.
actually i didnt take it apart. thats what makes it difficult. i bought it without the head with the dirty a** pistons exposed. the a** clown that took it apart didnt label anything either. i have a trunk full of random parts/bolts. i still have to find the bolts im missing which is difficult because i dont know how long they are or anything of that ilk.

blacksrjdm

Ok, well in that case, good luck, this would have been something to consider before buying the car IMO. When buying this car did you consider the question...Can I put this back together? Because if not, then it was a mistake for you to buy this car. If I lived in your area I would give you a hand but not for under $500 with all the mismatched bolts and parts I would have to sort through to find things. Sounds like a nightmare. Good luck to you, and if I were in your shoes, I would take that $1000 to the internet and buy new guides, tensioners, chain, bolts etc... That wont cost close to a $1000. Then set up the chain, it is really not tough on the KA24DE's.

youngmoney

blacksrjdm wrote:Ok, well in that case, good luck, this would have been something to consider before buying the car IMO. When buying this car did you consider the question...Can I put this back together? Because if not, then it was a mistake for you to buy this car. If I lived in your area I would give you a hand but not for under $500 with all the mismatched bolts and parts I would have to sort through to find things. Sounds like a nightmare. Good luck to you, and if I were in your shoes, I would take that $1000 to the internet and buy new guides, tensioners, chain, bolts etc... That wont cost close to a $1000. Then set up the chain, it is really not tough on the KA24DE's.
the original idea was to buy the car and my brother was going to help me fix it....then the next day he moved to texas leaving me f***ed. he knows a lot about 240's (hes even on this forum) so i thought it was be pretty straight forward. why would i buy a new chain? one came with the car. i have most of the parts just not all the bolts. i also dont have the cam fasteners *technical term*. so if i can just time it the car and find/buy all the bolts its smooth sailin from there.

idk if that made sense im EXTREMELY tired

youngmoney

bought a 93 maxima so i have no more money. sorry for anyone that wasted their time reading this haha

Return to “Central Region”