Who's actually DONE an LS1 / 240SX swap?

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
JustinStrife
Car: '99 FRC. 402, Vortech T-Trim @ 12psi = 706rwhp/621rwtq

Nissan Ls240 wrote:
400+ ci are we using a ls1 block??? or a truck 6.0 iron block, because ls1 is a 346 I've seen bore kits upto 447ci but blower kinda puts it over the top (blows up) please specify motor im interested in hearing
http://www.victoryracingengine...SHORT

Good idea what you can do.

I would not be using the LS1 block btw. The Ls2/3 are a stronger design, and if I have the funds when I'm ready to step it up, I'll be going for the LS7 with forged internals. I want 700 to the wheels and still be able to daily it if I wish. Oh and not have to boost beyond 10psi to get there.

Nissan Ls240
Car: 95 Nissan 240sx w/LS1 t56 conversion

I'm just about done with my motor I need help with bracing the frame.,,,,,, where and do they make any prefab parts, I think I'm correct when I say that the ZR1 corvette uses the ls3 motor so I'd love to see it with 10 p.s.i.

JustinStrife

Nissan Ls240 wrote:I'm just about done with my motor I need help with bracing the frame.,,,,,, where and do they make any prefab parts, I think I'm correct when I say that the ZR1 corvette uses the ls3 motor so I'd love to see it with 10 p.s.i.
I don't know the differences between the LS3 and Ls9 beyond the forged internals. I couldn't tell you if GM did anything else to differentiate the two.

Spoolin4days
Car: 03 Spec V, 92 Sentra 2dr

A buddy of mine is willing to GIVE me a decent (lightly rusted) S13 shell (minus the nose, been it's hit). I found an LS1/T56 w/ wiring and accesories for $3500. Is this swap a good way for a first timer to learn to weld? I have a garage but very limited experience, just seems like a better Idea than turbocharging my Spec V again. Aside from the wiring, you just have to manufacture the mounts, oil pan and exhaust? The rest is bolt-in?

JustinStrife

Spoolin4days wrote:A buddy of mine is willing to GIVE me a decent (lightly rusted) S13 shell (minus the nose, been it's hit). I found an LS1/T56 w/ wiring and accesories for $3500. Is this swap a good way for a first timer to learn to weld? I have a garage but very limited experience, just seems like a better Idea than turbocharging my Spec V again. Aside from the wiring, you just have to manufacture the mounts, oil pan and exhaust? The rest is bolt-in?
Many people have done this as their first engine swap ever. Just have patience, extra money set aside for all the little things that might hit you, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't be upset if you can't do this swap in a weekend. For most people it takes several weekends to a year depending on what all they're doing with the car/swap.

Of course if you're REALLY good, you could knock it out in a weekend, if you had everything ready...

Spoolin4days
Car: 03 Spec V, 92 Sentra 2dr

Does any one know if the factory LS1 exahust manifolds will work in a S13? Hopefully I'm not asking too much, but I just want to know what Im getting into before I start ordering parts.

JustinStrife

Spoolin4days wrote:Does any one know if the factory LS1 exahust manifolds will work in a S13? Hopefully I'm not asking too much, but I just want to know what Im getting into before I start ordering parts.
Not that this helps, but I believe you can for the RX7's, so I can't see why it wouldn't work on an S13... The headers for sure will have to be custom.

flipskater438
Car: 91 240sx (rps13) 92 maxima se

hey i just perchased the sikky mount kit. my question is does anyone kno if the nismo power brace clears the sikky pan, and does anyone kno if the kit is leagal if all emissions devices are retained. thankx

gofastnow
Car: s13 ls1

Spoolin4days wrote:Does any one know if the factory LS1 exahust manifolds will work in a S13? Hopefully I'm not asking too much, but I just want to know what Im getting into before I start ordering parts.
Just got through putting a '99 Firebird LS1 / T56 into an '89 HB. The stock LS1 manifolds (Tube type) would have worked OK on passenger side but after cutting and welding on the driver's side, finally gave up and installed LS2 crate motor (Corvette?) takeoffs. Passenger side fit perfect, on driver side we installed a GM exhaust flange part#?????? between the manifold and head. This flange is what one would use when making headers. The flange spaced out the manifold perfectly to allow the downpipe to go straight down right next to the frame rail. A cheap and robust alternative to headers when performance is not as big an issue.

If anyone is interested I will try to get some pix.

dubbinit
Car: 1990 240sx, 2002 Nissan Xterra

gofastnow wrote:
If anyone is interested I will try to get some pix.
Yes please! I will be graduating college in december and plan to begin my swap then. Logically I would like the cheapest option that will give anything close to 350hp using purchased conversion parts (I have no personal fabbing experience). Any help would be fantastic. It seems like Sikky is the way to go and I will start to look for used motor/tranny set-ups

240sx_in_209
Car: 89 240sx.... 93 coupe

dose anyone know.. if it possible to still keep the AC? i just picked up and complete long block for 600 but some 200 ktech rod bolts already in it.

JustinStrife

240sx_in_209 wrote:dose anyone know.. if it possible to still keep the AC? i just picked up and complete long block for 600 but some 200 ktech rod bolts already in it.
If they can keep the A/C on LS7 FD's, I'd think you could keep the A/C on an LS1 240sx easily. It's really only when you're adding turbos in the engine bay, that A/C goes out the window.

240sx_in_209

JustinStrife wrote:If they can keep the A/C on LS7 FD's, I'd think you could keep the A/C on an LS1 240sx easily. It's really only when you're adding turbos in the engine bay, that A/C goes out the window.
Yeah well my plan is a ls1 in it.. haha my garage is full of LS1 parts... motors all over the place.. i just picked up a long block for 600.. i got the rest already here for free.. so all i need is a tranny and a wire harness for a complete motor... but i wanted to keep it daily driver.. as in nothing big... ls6 manifold.. small cam and headers, but still trying to keep and ac and power stearing. So those hot days.. i would still wana drive it .... stupid brother got me into the ls1 with the ls1 FD

JustinStrife

240sx_in_209 wrote:
Yeah well my plan is a ls1 in it.. haha my garage is full of LS1 parts... motors all over the place.. i just picked up a long block for 600.. i got the rest already here for free.. so all i need is a tranny and a wire harness for a complete motor... but i wanted to keep it daily driver.. as in nothing big... ls6 manifold.. small cam and headers, but still trying to keep and ac and power stearing. So those hot days.. i would still wana drive it .... stupid brother got me into the ls1 with the ls1 FD
It's tough to beat these motors. Considering you can build them now, over 454+ cubic inches with the same physical size, the sky is the limit with them. Not to mention ANYBODY can work on them. Unfortunately once I got my first Ls1, I was hooked, and now that the FD and S13 are gone, the C5 is next, as I'm saving up for a C6z and Ls7 land.

240sx_in_209

JustinStrife wrote:It's tough to beat these motors. Considering you can build them now, over 454+ cubic inches with the same physical size, the sky is the limit with them. Not to mention ANYBODY can work on them. Unfortunately once I got my first Ls1, I was hooked, and now that the FD and S13 are gone, the C5 is next, as I'm saving up for a C6z and Ls7 land.
lol.. LS9.. that whould be nice in a s13 hahah but that would be like 20 times what the car cost..

slycooper1982
Car: 1995 NIssan 240SX

go to your loc machine shops tell them what you need and see what they will charge to build the engine mounts

Car: R32 Skyline

Hey all, been a long time since Ive been on here, juts had a quick skim read of the thread. Heres my ls1/s13 project thread on Driftworks http://www.driftworks.com/foru....html Remember, here in NZ our vehicles are jdm spec(right hand drive) Which made my steering clearances very minimal around the starter and headers.

Cheers

Return to “Hybrids”