Who on here has a new one?

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

So we got our 6th Gen Altima forum!

Who here wants to make a start and talk about his Alti?
:wavey:

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

:wavey: Me! Been a long time member here and recent years I have been so busy. Recently got a 2019 Silver 2.5 s Altima, so far no major complaints. The design is beautiful and I'm actually hopeful they'll do something special, maybe pair the 2.0t with awd? :gotme Anywho's, I really wish they would ditch the CVT which IMO kills the initial start of the car, once your going this is easily overlooked. The interior yet modern has a simple touch that I actually like in a car and very comfortable seats. Remote start, backup camera, automatic stop (I only discovered this because somebody cut me off and stopped very quickly :mad: ), and the suspension keeps surprising me which is very good. But welcome new owners and enjoy your Altima! This is my 7th one.

PalmerWMD

I had a previous Generation "S".
Installed a Stillen rear sway bar and the handling in fast sweepers improved 100%

Take some pics of it sometime!
We need some traffic in the 6th Gen Alti forum! :yesnod

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Okay, here's a tip for absolutely everyone with a CVT, new or old. It has a very undeserved bad rep. With no clutches or bands to wear, the simple act of changing the fluid every 30~50K turns it into a perpetual motion machine. There are three customers in our dealership with older rides that are all past 300K miles without a failure, one nearing 500K. Those customers all have one thing in common, they change the fluid like a religion. The CVT's great strength is also its great weakness, because once the film strength of the fluid deteriorates and the metal belt hits the metal pulleys, the trans is done. If it never touches, it never fails. So yes, we all wish Nissan would down-cost NS3, but if you love your car and plan to keep it awhile, spend the money and CHANGE IT.

PalmerWMD

Good tip VStar.

Can you tell us some good stories about your '13 Altima?
Like milage maintenance etc..

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Mileage is 104K, SL with a sunroof and navi. Bought her CPO with around 60K, good maintenance records from the previous owner. Oil every 3K, CVT every 20~25K (wife and I are both leadfoots, more frequent CVT changes are in order. Shear loading is what eventually kills the fluid. Drive like grandma and you can get away with 40~50K). Wife loves her to death and christened her "Lola". I'll be peeved if she doesn't make 250K.

PalmerWMD

thanks!
SL w/ Sunroof and Navis sounds pretty nice!
I been looking around in classifieds and rarely see them with sunroof.

We need more actvity and love for this platform on here :D
Would you be so kind to post some pics in the 13-18 Gen Altima forum?
5th-generation-altima-sedan.html

PalmerWMD

PS: I am strongly considering a newer Altima also... either that or a bit more used Infiniti.

mxz800
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SL

I picked up a 2021 Nissan Altima SL AWD Super Black on Monday. I've rented Altima's when I would travel, I've always talked about getting one.

PalmerWMD

mxz800 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:17 pm
I picked up a 2021 Nissan Altima SL AWD Super Black on Monday. I've rented Altima's when I would travel, I've always talked about getting one.
Awesome!
Since these are still not all that common yet and you do have an SL would you consider posting up pics of it in a seperate thread, in "the real world" to include interior?

Many folks (myself included) find pics taken by actual owners more interesting than the factory brochure pics which often seem a bit sterile. :yesnod

PS: Also welcome to Nico!!! :wavey:

TalonJH
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35x

Mostly posting to bring a little bit of traffic to this part of the forum.

I recently traded in my G35 for a Deep Blue 2021 Altima SR VC-Trubo. I wasn’t sure about it at first but I love it. I do wish there were some more parts available though. Not much, an intake and quiet but sporty exhaust would be nice.

PalmerWMD

Talon Welcome to Nico!!

Please feel free to do a separate thread on your new purchase.
How you decided to go for the Altima, the buying process etc :yesnod

TalonJH

PalmerWMD wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 pm
Talon Welcome to Nico!!

Please feel free to do a separate thread on your new purchase.
How you decided to go for the Altima, the buying process etc :yesnod
Sure!

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I’d post a pic but I literally just bought the same car as talon, minus the new 2.0 engine. I went with the tried an tru 2.5. Mpg was better and at 47 yrs old feel no need to to have a slightly faster 0-60. IMO Nissan knocked it out of the park with the 2021. The paint and body lines are perfect and the interior is cockpit like with way more rear leg room than my 09, which I still have btw. I’m approaching 150 miles so can’t comment on performance as I’m still breaking it in. My wife has a 2018 rogue midnight edition and we absolutely love it. I’m a fan of the fake shift points on the cvt as opposed to my 09 and have already serviced the cvt way ahead of schedule. I’m pretty close with my Nissan tech so when he serviced it I watched every step and am confident when it’s out of warranty I can easily do it myself. I need to get a scan tool that measures tranny temps but that’ll happen in the next 20k give or take. Truth be told I’m probably gonna spend the majority of my miles in my 09 and spend my weekends wiping my new baby with a diaper and admiring it’s beauty. The blue is phenomenal.

PalmerWMD

D1dad wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:58 am
I’d post a pic but I literally just bought the same car as talon, minus the new 2.0 engine. I went with the tried an tru 2.5. Mpg was better and at 47 yrs old feel no need to to have a slightly faster 0-60. IMO Nissan knocked it out of the park with the 2021. The paint and body lines are perfect and the interior is cockpit like with way more rear leg room than my 09, which I still have btw. I’m approaching 150 miles so can’t comment on performance as I’m still breaking it in. My wife has a 2018 rogue midnight edition and we absolutely love it. I’m a fan of the fake shift points on the cvt as opposed to my 09 and have already serviced the cvt way ahead of schedule. I’m pretty close with my Nissan tech so when he serviced it I watched every step and am confident when it’s out of warranty I can easily do it myself. I need to get a scan tool that measures tranny temps but that’ll happen in the next 20k give or take. Truth be told I’m probably gonna spend the majority of my miles in my 09 and spend my weekends wiping my new baby with a diaper and admiring it’s beauty. The blue is phenomenal.
Glad to hear of your Nissan enthusiasm!
Also good you are taking your time to break it in.

Still dont be afraid of posting pics just because yours is the same color.

For example talon did not post any interior shots! ;)

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Will do. My enthusiasm dates back to the Datsun days. I owned a 240 which was totaled out, young and dumb. 03 Altima which I didn’t know anything about the pre cat issues at all. All I know is I never had them. That car had a deer take it’s life at 70 with 176k on it. Replaced that with an 09 which got a new tranny at 95k under extended warranty. (Which I still have) My wife drove an 07 Murano to 200k and never so much as a cv shaft replaced, much less cvt issues. In fact it’s still making trips from Ohio to Louisville several times a year for a college student. My wife’s 2018 midnight rogue was a lease, which is up next month and we’re leaning towards buying it. The pandemic really drove up used car prices and we can actually buy it for 2k less than it’s worth. I also had the cvt serviced early just in case.

TalonJH

D1dad wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 am
Will do. My enthusiasm dates back to the Datsun days. I owned a 240 which was totaled out, young and dumb. 03 Altima which I didn’t know anything about the pre cat issues at all. All I know is I never had them. That car had a deer take it’s life at 70 with 176k on it. Replaced that with an 09 which got a new tranny at 95k under extended warranty. (Which I still have) My wife drove an 07 Murano to 200k and never so much as a cv shaft replaced, much less cvt issues. In fact it’s still making trips from Ohio to Louisville several times a year for a college student. My wife’s 2018 midnight rogue was a lease, which is up next month and we’re leaning towards buying it. The pandemic really drove up used car prices and we can actually buy it for 2k less than it’s worth. I also had the cvt serviced early just in case.
Current Louisville resident :dblthumb:

PalmerWMD

TalonJH wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:50 pm
D1dad wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 am
Current Louisville resident :dblthumb:

Former Louisville resident here :yesnod

Return to “6th Generation Altima Sedan (2019+)”