Who imports R-34s?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Sonikfuri
Car: S13 Coupe

I want to get a 98' R-34 or at least a R-34. The only problem is that I don't know who all imports skylines except like one company, but they charge like 56k. Is that how much it'll cost me or is there any where else that imports them? Also, what is the possiblity of someone selling theirs in the states? Any help much apperciated

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

Sonikfuri wrote:I want to get a 98' R-34 or at least a R-34. The only problem is that I don't know who all imports skylines except like one company, but they charge like 56k. Is that how much it'll cost me or is there any where else that imports them?
AFAIK, the only registered importer that can import Skylines is RB Motoring:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/....html

Rumor has it that Motorex had lost their R.I. status. Looking that the latest listing from the NHTSA (above) seems to confirm that.

Hope this helps!

Karma240

sil- before you give people the wrong information you might want to make sure you have a clue what you are talking about first... We have currently imported and fully legalized 4 skylines including a 1999 r34 that will be for sale in the next thirty days. You do not have to be liscensed specially or anything else you just have to know the right channels and how to get it done.. But please refrain from giving people the wrong info.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

...and before YOU give people the wrong information, you may want to retract your prior post. It is inaccurate, misleading and incorrect.

I'll not have crap like that slung on this forum. Feel free to contact me off-board if you'd like to discuss.

Thanks.

Karma240

my post is not inaccurate nor misleading in anyway if you feel it is I would urge you to point out where I am wrong and I do not have any contact information for you off line as I do not know you personally. if there is somewhere on here i should be looking for that and I am not aware of it please advise...

Karma240

sorry hitman my own fault I just realized I do know you. And infact have left several messages on your cell-phone. You asked to do business with my company- I even stopped over and talked to your wife one night but unfortunatley you never called me back. Still waiting for that call........ lol. So i guess contacting you offline has already been attempted. But again if you feel I am incorrect even though I ride in these vehicles all the time please let me know.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Your post IS inaccurate AND misleading.

This info is READILY available on USDOT.gov.....

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/....html

Unless you're an RI (which I doubt), it's not being done legally.

Oh, wait- let me guess.... Hmmmm, you're one of those "clever" guys who thinks he's "outwitted" the system by cutting up a few cars, importing them in containers, reassembling them and registering them as "kit cars". :

...Or maybe you're blowing someone at the DMV.

Still not legal, no matter how you present it.

And my contact info is pretty easy to find, I'm in the market for a LEGALIZED R-32... checkbook is ready.

AZhitman
Administrator

LOL - Damn, I thought you were selling windshields?

Dude, what's up with that?

PLEASE tell me you haven't gotten wrapped up in biz with our local *ahem* "importer" *ahem*.....

Pardon my rudeness earlier - we get lots of "OMG I KNOW HOW TO GET JOO A SKYLINE BOYEE!!!" on here.

Rex
Car: None

Proof (in my book) would be a copy of a "clear" title for a Skyline wiht a US (assigned) VIN.

Anyone have one of those?

Karma240

AZhitman wrote:LOL - Damn, I thought you were selling windshields?

Dude, what's up with that?

PLEASE tell me you haven't gotten wrapped up in biz with our local *ahem* "importer" *ahem*.....

Pardon my rudeness earlier - we get lots of "OMG I KNOW HOW TO GET JOO A SKYLINE BOYEE!!!" on here.
No still selling glass. -- the legal kind of course. Speaking of which we need to get your infinity done. All I was saying is you and I both know it can be done and it's not quite as hard as everyone seems to think but extremely time consuming.. Hey just so you know that r34 is legal and as I'm sure you heard for sale. I'm sure he would sell cheap if someone that new him went and talked to him.. He is here for 4 days and then headed back home to mommy and daddys house to hide out... Anyway give me a call about your infiniti

Karma240

Rex wrote:Proof (in my book) would be a copy of a "clear" title for a Skyline wiht a US (assigned) VIN.

Anyone have one of those?
Yes rex, a friend of mine named James Moore has two of them. You can get legal skylines. Even hitman can tell you that.. The proglem is real legalized skylines. I mean real. Not cut aparts or some slick guy who registers it illegaly as a kit car but real skylines are very tough to get legalized here.And the expenses for doing such can be great. The hardest part is that this process can be more time consuming than most people can fathamKarma

PurpleGodzilla

How much and do you have any pictures? Just curious if it is DOT legal. My r33 GTR is DOT legal and went through motorex. My Georgia's title even said nissan skyline on it. Even so, when I transfered the title, it was a ***** because the DOT replacement vin number doesn't show up at the DMV. We all know how bright the people at the DMV are. If the price is right, I might upgrade.

If it is a legitimate business, I would think you have a website with cars and the price. Logically, you would open yourself up nationwide to where the most potential buyers are. Instead of lurking and word of mouth.

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

Ok, I'm confused here. According to the DOT's website, only RI's are allowed to import a vehicle for resale (and they didn't list exceptions). Are you saying that you're an RI? Or are the rules pertaining to importation different if it is for personal use and not resale? If you're not an RI, is this how you're bringing them over legally? Not trying to bust your balls here, but I would like to know the truth of the matter. I'm sure you're aware that the worst imprisonment you can subject a man to is that of ignorance. So, lend me a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, will ya?

Karma240

No I am not an RI and I do not sell these cars myself. Between 3 of my friends they have gotten 4 skylines fully legalized for their own usage and drive them daily.. I do not have a website as somebody else suggested. If you would have read the entire post you would find out that I'm in the autoglass business. I'm just saying it can be done. I know my buddy has an r-34 for sale -- 1999. And if anybody does want to do this for themselves it can be done.. If you are near phoenix az. you will see these cars running the streets in fact one of them was at nopi nationals.

AZhitman
Administrator

K - The dealer handled it last time I had the car in for service - never even bothered me about it... Sorry man.

I'd be interested in a line on an R32, but I'm absolutely not dealing with our local weasel.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

if you can get an importer fly over here an d I'll put you in front of a $2000,00 "mechanic's special" GT-R

Karma240

you just missed an R32 with a ton of work done to it.. Absolutley beautiful but let me make a call and see if the other one is going to be for sale or not.. MAN!! I wish you would have called me two days ago. The best way to get ahold of me is the phone.. This car just sold.. And our local importer is not even in the state right now. And is no longer importing cars.. If you give me a call in a few days I'll see about this other R32. I don't think it's for sale but then again neither was the first one till it got sold..

74260zt
Car: rb26powered early 74 260z car

federally legal ??

InjectedPerformance
Car: 2009 Nissan GTR, 2004 Nissan 350Z, 2009 Nissan 370Z

I have a close friend that has plenty in stock...Skylines that is....Actually 2! I am popular yay!

StricNyne

man a r34 cost ****ing 100k, i seen r32 got for 25 to 30k though, but thats old as ****, r33 goes for about 50k, s15 is like 35k

MichaelCHK
Car: Skyline

I do. I have one R-34 GTT currently available. All paperwork available for you to inspect. Contact me by Email [email protected]. The vehicle was at Nopi Nationals Atlanta along with two others. We parked them with the Nico Folks (who were awsome by the way) If you would like to see pic of it go to epikmotorsports.com and look under the projects page. I have two skylines listed there. "Yoko" the R34 and "Emily" the R32.

On another note, you should keep in mind that importing a truly legal Skyline is costly. If someone quotes you a price that seems too good to be true, it is. Make sure that everything checks out before you pay.

P.S. We won 1st and 3rd at Nopi Atlanta in the Skyline Division. Had we not been told we were DQ'd for not parking where we were supposed to there would be another trophy that comes with the car. As it happens we left before the awards

NISTECH

I wish there was a thread in here that clearly defined how to identify a fully legal skyline that is here in the states already and being sold by private parties. like a check list of everything to look at when verifing the legality of the car.

MichaelCHK
Car: Skyline

There are a few thing you should verify before purchase. One is that the car is titled and registered with the NHTSA. Here in SC that mean having it straight with the DMV. The title should say Skyline on it (or "skylin" as the whole name won't fit in the alloted space) It should have the proper year as well as matching VINs. If you really want to get picky, you could ask for Customs release forms, DOT, and EPA clearence forms. However you need those forms to aquire a legal title, so unless you suspect counterfiet fraud in the title and registration: i.e. . . the car has obviously been cut apart and welded back together and the title has no watermark, a US title (any state)with VIN that matches the one on the car, Make= Niss, Model= Skyline, and the Correct year should do it.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Yeah, AFAIK (I'm no expert) the trick is having the DOT and EPA forms in ADDITION to a title/registration. Just having, for instance, a florida Title/registration that says "Skyline" may not be good enough for some other states.

Honestly, the best way to know whether or not a GT-R is legal is just to buy a Motorex car from someone who's selling one. If you're paying less than $25k for a Motorex R32, it isn't a real Motorex R32.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”