Who here likes to cook?

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
jerdog1
Car: 1994 300ZX/1991 300ZX/1991 Maxima

iwantans13 wrote:Title.

Ive been cooking around the house and catering parties with my dad for about 3 years now. I want to be a chef when I get older like him. I like making mediterranean/italian food, thai food, basic steakhouse/new york style stuff and I dabble in some quasi-french stuff(though I think French food is gross). What about you guys?
I have been a chef for close to 12 years. It gets the ladies for sure but it could pay better! I can cook anythingg given the ingredients and enough prep time! I can't wait untill i finish tech school! Cars are my true passion!!

morsecode
Car: 2004 Infiniti I35

I like to cook. But I love eating food more.

drksolest
Car: 91 240sx coupe

morsecode wrote:I like to cook. But I love eating food more.

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

I eat healthy and like cooking, but sometimes its hard cooking for yourself when you're tired. It's especially annoying when you want to cook for yourself but you can't because some *** will eat your leftovers unless you hide them in another fridge in another house.

I.E. If I cook anything that has meat in it, my bf's dad will take it upon himself to help himself even though he didn't ask, help or pitch in with the cost of ingredients. So when I come home from work I just end up eating some veggies or making soup since he won't eat that and it's easy to make for one person. /tangent

Can't wait to get my own place.. I'll be cooking a lot more often. I love making stews that last for days. Real money saver!

arabdrifter
Car: 89' s13 coupe

i love to cook and eat tons of food. my favorite is chicken shawarma meat mixed with veggies and spices...umm ummm

drksolest
Car: 91 240sx coupe

arabdrifter wrote: chicken shawarma meat mixed with veggies and spices...umm ummm
I've never made it... but SOOO WANT IT!

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

skydragoness wrote:I eat healthy and like cooking, but sometimes its hard cooking for yourself when you're tired.
Cooking for one person blows, especially when you're tired or really really hungry or it's the middle of the night and you've just run out of [x ingredient] and REALLY REALLY don't feel like going to the store because it's twenty-f@#* degrees outside, plus you can't find your other sock anyway and one of your contacts is screwed up so you have no depth perception. At least...that's how it usually goes for me.

But I do like cooking and vastly prefer food I cook myself.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

I love to cook. We host the families for Thanksgiving (both), Christmas Eve (hers) and Christmas Day (mine). I also prepare stuff for New Year's Day and Easter over at my parents.

I'm always trying new recipes, playing with changes to old standards, etc., but pretty much stick with cooking various dinners for my wife and daughters. Nothing too exotic.

Currently I'm on a crock pot binge since I received a couple of crock pot cookbooks for Christmas.

BOOSTFOOL
Car: 92 240sx hatch

i like cooking me and my girl usually end up doing it together. mexican food is the best

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

I stir fry something wicked with my Wok.

Rob.Vegan
Car: 08 2.5S Altima Coupe 76 Datsun 280z (not running)

I usually pass out before I can eat all the food I make

Not chef type cooking but I do make some bomb food sometimes

xNikkitinex

Does baking count? i cant cook to save my life but i can bake! i wanted to go to Culinary school to be a pastry chef but i changed my mind.

Rolo

I love to cook but i never really feel like it lol

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

breadbox wrote:I stir fry something wicked with my Wok.
i love to stir fry but the only problem with my cooking or baking is that there is nothing left over........

but i like to make :Ribs, Pork, Roast beef, Rotisserie Chicken, Stake , fish, ( usually talapia, but if there's any tuna ill make it ), chicken salad, chicken pasta salad, cakes, brownies, chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, cinnamon rollz ( so good i actually sell them, i made 200$ in 2 days..... ) well basically, i find any recipe and alter it, so i make basically anything...... I'm the reason people in this house have trouble loosing weight....... i plan to get a job over the summer in a pastry shop, and get the funding for my new car ( idk what yet but thats the fun ) ..the only downside.... i have to clean every dish i make.... witch can get annoying after standing cooking for 2 hours and then having a next one to 2 hours of cleaning!

ravagemotorsports

Cooking mexican food is the best

SkinnyKibbles
Car: 1990 240sx

I specialize in bachelor chow.

For example:

Dinty Moore beef stew over white rice.

Honey Garlic Kielbasa with egg noodles. (Sounds like odd combo but if you want the recipe i'll give it to you. Trust me you'll love it.)

I think being able to take whatever you find in the fridge and making a good meal out of it makes me a good cook right?

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

Trying to step up my cooking game.

Visited my Grandma last week and trying to learn some Jamaica dishes.Oxtail stew anyone??

TBrack
Car: none

I am a Chef and business owner of a personal chef / catering company

Yuri I need to come over and learn some Japanese cooking!!!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

SkinnyKibbles wrote:
I think being able to take whatever you find in the fridge and making a good meal out of it makes me a good cook right?
Absolutely! Necessity is the mother of invention!

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

I like to cook, but my cooking has evolved over the years...luckily!

I used to cook for myself and was also big into weight lifting, so everything I cooked was pretty healthy. I paid attention to my macronutrients to give me a good muscle building blend and eventually started to get more micronutrient focused to alleviate my need to take vitamins…but I still did.

After my work related injuries, I stopped preparing meals like I was a body builder and started preparing them for normal human consumption. However, from the years of eating healthy, that habit never left me and is still a central focus in everything I prepare; although I do go a bit heavy with the sodium.

So now here I am working at preparing healthy foods from scratch that taste good, work together to make a meal, and can also be matched well with a nice microbrew

That said, I am still having problems trying to pair foods with Mephistopholes, an imperial stout from Avery brewing co. I'm going to need to talk to someone who's gone to a colonary school.
SkinnyKibbles wrote:I think being able to take whatever you find in the fridge and making a good meal out of it makes me a good cook right?
Nope. Not at all.

You've got 20 condiments, vanilla ice cream, shredded cheese, and chicken noodle soup. What do you do?

Melt cheese in soup and eat, give the ice cream to the neighbor kids so they let you in to play wii, go to the "bathroom" but really take their mom's jewelry, pawn most of it, buy food and wine, and give the remaining necklace to your girlfriend and treat her to a nice dinner with a lovely gift.

Getting what you want with stuff you don't have makes you a good cook

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

Looneybomber wrote:You've got 20 condiments, vanilla ice cream, shredded cheese, and chicken noodle soup. What do you do?

Melt cheese in soup and eat, give the ice cream to the neighbor kids so they let you in to play wii, go to the "bathroom" but really take their mom's jewelry, pawn most of it, buy food and wine, and give the remaining necklace to your girlfriend and treat her to a nice dinner with a lovely gift.

Getting what you want with stuff you don't have makes you a good cook
Sig worthy

Return to “Around the House”