White smoke Overheat

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
geestar
Car: m37 2012

How bad is it? Loaned my car for 2 days to mom, never had any issues of sort. Today I am driving it and the water temperature spikes, white smoke towards the rear of the engine, water sprayed from that area and check engine light turns on and car starts to become almost immobile. Thought maybe a thermostat problem to be the easiest fix, so replaced that put fluids in the car and same thing. Smoke from the front of the rear engine(closest to the cabin). There was a some engine noise as well when accelerating but didn't seem constant. Any thoughts?

geestar
Car: m37 2012

leaning towards a water pump but need to see what is leaking on rear of engine? If it blows radiator fluid up front does that mean it's not salvageable with a gasket seal?

redpillarz
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37

I will answer my own problem. It was the heater plastic piece that blew up that connects Hester hose behind the engine and passenger side. Notorious for this. Replaced that and as well thermostat but thermo was prolly fine. Make sure to burp your radiator system. Mandatory to get air out of it.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”