White smoke on startup, 2nd gear catching late. P1800/C17

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
crimson45
Car: M45 Sport

Hello errbody. Couple questions about my '06 M45 S with about 167k on it.

So about 2 months ago I'm merrily on my way to work when I passed an accident on the freeway. Hear a "clunk" noise when at a crawling speed and my rpms dropped. Car wouldn't go past 30 or 40mph. Found some codes saying it was in limp mode because of the direct clutch solenoid (forgot which codes exactly). Drained the tranny oil, replaced the solenoid and filled her back up. Good as new. Maybe 3 weeks ago some other problems arose.
1. When I start the car in the A.M. I get a quick puff of white smoke from the exhaust and what sounds like a suction noise from the front of the car that lasts maybe 3 seconds.
2. In the first 10 min or so of driving, 2nd gear takes a while to catch which makes the car jump when it finally does.

After the car is driven for about 20+ min, the car seems fine with the 2nd gear problem happening occasionally. I'm also not cold driving my car, always let it warm up first before I take off.

Codes are:
P1800 - VIAS S/V CIRC
C1708-11, C1750-53 - Air Pressure Monitor (there's about 8 codes here)

Some brief research shows Variable Intake Air System Control Solenoid Valve needs to be replaced. Seems easy enough. Don't know how many problems that'll fix. Any recommendations on next steps to take?

Thanks

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I think you've done all of the troubleshooting necessary so far...no experience with that code. Perhaps EdBwoy will know more...

crimson45
Car: M45 Sport

Thanks Ilya, I'm open to any suggestions. When checking out my VIAS solenoid I noticed the rubber tubing/wires around the neck of the solenoid was cracked. One of the possible culprits according to the P1800 code was an "open or short circuit" for the solenoid. I wonder If I could be so lucky that 1/2 of my problems could be fixed with a new, less than $10 cable lol.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”