White Smoke, Lack of Power, Irregular Idle...

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
CassJDMGirl
Car: Nissan Bluebird 1995 SSS

Hi all,

I have a Nissan Bluebird (AKA: Altima) 1995 SSS - KA24DE 2.4L motor.

Currently has 218,000 KM (135,58 Miles). I purchased it 3 weeks ago, was running perfect. Since then I haven't driven it as it is un-registered.

Just went to start it up then.. Engine light came on. Also very irregular revs, dropping then upping consistently. :facepalm:
I then opened the bonnet and noticed that both the radiator fan and the thermo fan were on :facepalm: (the car only running for 30 seconds).
I took it for a test drive, stepped on the pedal, and lack of power.. felt like a 3 cylinder charade.. also the car was jumping a bit, not excessively, but just enough to notice. I only test drove the car for around 3 minutes, the car was still at normal running temperature) Also chewing quite a lot of fuel within that time

When I arrived home, obviously still same issues. I hopped out of the car, both fans were still running but also the exhaust was quite noisy.. good old putt-putt sound it was making. With a hint of white smoke. It smelt extremely rich. And yes.. smelt a bit like fuel and coolant mixed together. :facepalm:
I know I will eventually need the distributor replaced (oil seeping in), but surely it would not create all these issue's.

Could anyone give me a bit of direction? I just hope it isn't the head gasket.... :inout: But I am not sure when it needs replacing either or if it has been replaced..

Sorry for the long post !!! :bowrofl:

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”