White Smoke FX35

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
wrice8

I purchased a 2005 FX35 with 20k miles on it and it has white smoke coming out of pipes. Changed oil and was down to 1 1/2 quarts. We are doing a consumption test as we speak, but they are already balking at covering under warranty due to know "records" even though this is obviously something that frequently happens with this vehicle. Can someone give me some advice on this? Please, I am in bad shape here if they dont cover it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

olsonbo
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

I'm no expert with these cars at all.... but I have an 07 fx35, and an 06 m45, and out of the two engines, the 3.5 almost never has issues with this. I know the 4.5 has consumption issues that can be fixed with a catch can installed inline on the pcv system. But the 3.5 is solid and it is rare to hear of a consumption issue with it.

But having said that, white smoke usually isnt oil... Thats usually water and a head gasket that causes white smoke from the exhaust. At least in my days as a Mitsu guy, thats what I went through with those!

But if the dealership balks at fixing the engine if there is a consumption issue, file a report with infiniti customer affairs and see if you can escalate it. Thats probably the best I can tell you. Check out the M forum about oil consumption and the process other members have gone through to get it remedied.

Good luck!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”