white smoke from exhuast

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
infinitepotential_J
Car: Black 1991 Nissan 300zx n/a 2+2 automatic

anyone on here ever had a bad brake booster with brake fluid inside and get suck into engine and white smoke would come out of the exhaust? should i just let it burn off because i replaced the brake booster and master cylinder.

Dieter
Car: 1990 300ZX Nissan 2+2

If you replaced the brake booster, there'd be hardly any brake fluid left to burn off. White smoke is typically coolant.

infinitepotential_J

Dieter wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 am
If you replaced the brake booster, there'd be hardly any brake fluid left to burn off. White smoke is typically coolant.
I should probably do a block test to be safe. because one day my brake fluid from the BMC just vanished completely and when i topped it off and turned it on thats when it started to smoke. before then i drove it fine with no smoke.

infinitepotential_J

Has anyone ever had a brake booster fail and had brake fluid from the master cylinder go inside the booster and then brake fluid got sucked by the vacuum hose connected to the booster and created white smoke to come out the exhaust.reason i found out it was brake fluid was because there was a small puddle of fluid on the ground and when i wiped it, it stripped my garage floor paint. i took the BMC and booster out already(had a whole lot of brake fluid inside the booster) just looking for parts to replace. Once i replace does anyone know if its okay if i run it and have it burn off the brake fluid thats in there? or is there a method to somehow get it cleaned. thank you!

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

OP, I've merged your topics, please do not cross post. Thanks.

macgiver

Replacing those parts , as you say , should "fix" the brake fluid from NOW traveling down that vac line. My opinion - other than maybe blasting 3-5 shots of generic "carb cleaner" down the end (off the booster) of vac line WITH engine idling/stomped/idling .Then if all ok , evidently the brake fluid hadn't fouled your plugs - you should be good to go ??

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”