White faced guages on a G35

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
PGrated

I find that in direct sunlight, the guages are a bit hard to read even when the dimmer is at its highest setting. I just wonder if installing White faced guages will make a difference. If so, has anyone done it on their G35?? Where did you get them and how difficult is it to do the installation?Looking through the vendors here on this website don't seem to have them for a G35 (sedan).

Thanks again!!

Paul

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I can't say that I recall seeing any other gauges yet for the G. I've heard of people being able to change the orange color though. I think that the white gauges would look really nice.

PGrated

I agree, I think that it would look great.

Even the silvery-white faced guages like those on Maximas. I know on my dad's 2001 maxima they are not a pure white but kind of a silver pebbled look to them and they look great.

I guess it may be just a matter of time before they become available.

paul

rydwhite

Yeah, I think it is just a time issue if there isn't anything available yet. The car is still fairly new. I've heard that the 05's or maybe it was the 06's, might have some interior changes and maybe new gauges may be part of that. If so, then they might be able to fit in the earlier models.

finbleu
Car: Mountain Climbing

I asked my dealer when I purchased my G35 if it was possible to change the instrument color prior to delivery but was informed that it was not. In Arizona on a bright day even when the instrument intensity is full bright it is possible to wash out the display when the outside light is at a certain angle. I am surprised the Infiniti and BMW human factors teams have continued with red/orange at a time when aviation designers have moved to other colors. I really like the Lexus large white instruments with black dials and hope that Infiniti moves in that direction.

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

you mean... like this:

Unlit - 5AT

Night / Lit view: 5AT

6MT and 5AT gauges avail for around $600 + s/h from japanparts.com email [email protected] for more info.

Here's a link to their website ===> NISMO G35/V35 gauges & meters

Cheers, ted

rydwhite

Ted, do you know if you can change the amber color? Is it just a bulb that can be replaced? Thanks for the link.

SoCalTed

I think it is a bulb only. But I believe the compass & A/C display is an amber digi/LCD. don;t take my word for it.. .jsut do a search

Cheers, ted

rydwhite

Thanks again Ted.

PGrated

How hard is it to install them?? Is it major surgery on the dashboard??

Also, I can't tell if the speedometer is in Km/h or MPH (even the link was not very clear). My guess is that it is available in both.

Paul

rydwhite

I am pretty sure that the new gauge install would be a pain in the ***

PGrated

I tend to agree with you. I think with the moveable gauge pod and all, it will tend to be quite difficult. Probably many parts to take apart and put back together again.

Paul

SoCalTed

PGrated wrote:How hard is it to install them?? Is it major surgery on the dashboard??

Also, I can't tell if the speedometer is in Km/h or MPH (even the link was not very clear). My guess is that it is available in both.

Paul

There are two gauge kits...one in KMh only and the one I posted that is KMh with Miles on the inside (reverse of what you currently have on your G) remember, these are Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) parts.

And it will probably be a PITA to install.

Cheers, ted

rydwhite

I am assuming that the entire dash would have to be removed.

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

it is not that hard to do after the first time. there is a lot to take apart but nothing really that hard unless you break something.

PM me when you are ready and I will walk you thru it step by step. I will take my dash apart at the same time as you and talk you thru it on the phone (Fri-Sat-Sun only due to work)

i can get my dash apart down tot he instrument cluster in about 15-20 minutes, now that I know where all the hidden clips are.

rydwhite

VQ, what have you done that you had to take the dash apart?

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”