Whitch version is this this car?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
ralphdig
Car: S13 240SX SE - FiatSchumacher- Peugeot 307XR- Renault Alpine A110

They offer me this car @20k saying it is a 2002 model, one owner, sounds ok?Don´t know the legal status of the car, I mean if already imported or registered.Thanx.

Touchdown038
Car: Computers, cars, sports

Wow, that looks like the riced-out 2F2F Skyline.

Now quite sure which one that was, though.

f8sjester

i would guess that it IS a shot of one of the 2F2F skylines considering there's a matching one right next to it in the pic. They made like a dozen copies of that car for the movie. . . dunno what kinda damage they'd have taken while in production of the movie though. . .

for that price, i doubt they'd be street legal but who knows?

andrave
Car: assorted

thats an R34 GTR (maybe).The body kits were C west copies made in house by a body shop, pretty much the cars didn't have much done to them, they just wanted them to look like lieberman's for the movie.I also heard they had line locks put on the rear wheels to lock them up for the sideways action in the movie.Anyway that sounds too good to be true if they were street legal, even if they weren't that would be cheap for modded R34 GTR.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I seriously doubt that has been legalized. Lieberman's car is, but why would they pay Motorex pricing to have a legalized R34 copy for a movie?

Heck, knowing Hollywood, it's probably a Civic with a $19000 body kit to make it look like an R34.

ralphdig
Car: S13 240SX SE - FiatSchumacher- Peugeot 307XR- Renault Alpine A110

I already got it & will ripe it for parts. Or maybe just use it as a Tourist car whith Mex License Plates.;)

My old sport car below: A Renault Alpine A110: several times WRC World Champion.

andrave

does it have any mods?

NIGHTfall_240sx
Car: S14[notchtop SR] SOLD

you bought it???? 20K for the car??? whats wrong with it??? does it even have a engine? if that the right one??? is it really even a SKYLINE or just a replica

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Really gay dolled up R34, excuse me I have to go burn my eyes with bleach.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Actually, the rear drive shaft is disconnected, for one. The only performance mod is exhaust. The other mods are well... obvious... I'm sure. It probably took plenty of beating, but a good thorough cleaning of everything and reconnection of the rear driveshaft and it's probably street-worthy, though doubtful as far as legal. Then again, they DID drive it... and it WAS in a movie... I actually was calling BS with your first post, but I guess it's possible.

AREITU

It took a beating. If you watch the making of 2f2f, Paul Walker drives it over a lot covered in medium sized rocks. The car only appears in the movie like...once.

I call BS.

nametakennow

They used 7 copies of the car for the movie... so it is possible, however, my BS instinct is still quite hard to defeat...

AREITU

I think they had seven cars for the movie (for the car to show up on film about 2 times) so all the producers and stuff could pick up the car afterwards at a low price.

hatebobbarker
Car: 350z, 240sx(for sale)

i call bs

Bio_Hazard
Car: a crushed 1990 240sx

They had 7 cars and if i rember corectly they were all gts with rb25's and only exhaust and body some mage tested one and said it only had 245hp

hatebobbarker

no they were real GT-Rs

themadscientist

they all have the F&F cooties, they should be destroyed like a mad cow before they infect healthy Skylines.

hatebobbarker

it just occured to me, dont they haveto by law after the movies done?

themadscientist

if the cars were brought in just for the purpose of shooting the movie that might be true. Importation legalities are complex:rolleyes

AREITU

There were a bunch of Opel Speedsters in the preproduction warehouse shots. I didn't see any Speedsters in the movie. There were a gang of corvettes but I didn't see any either.

stillmatic

Believe it or not, all cars in the 2F2F movie were customized by APC. This is not a joke. I saw a segment on UPN about it.

hatebobbarker

upn also said the noise made during the first audioslave video was a new Pink music video

stillmatic

hatebobbarker wrote:upn also said the noise made during the first audioslave video was a new Pink music video
I wish I knew what show it was. I saw it on tv when the movie came out. I only remember the APC president/ceo being interviewed with all the Skyline replicas in the background.

I did a quick search on google and came up with this:Quote »http://www.motortrend.com/feat..._exp/Deeper involvement from sponsors made it possible to build up so many cars, and to showcase the latest hardware. With hundreds of components from companies like APC, Motegi Racing, Street Glow, and TYC, the logistics of inventory planning and allocation were significant. If a single facility built all the show vehicles for a SEMA show, this is what it would be like!

and another one: http://www.sportcompactcarweb....voii/[/quote]Basically, the production company paid APC a million something bucks to do all the custom work using various sponsor parts.

Bio_Hazard

no i'm positve they were gts's there cheaper than gtr's

hatebobbarker

yeah but now they are spread out at hot import rice across the country, all the ones in CA look like gtrs to me...that and theres no need to modifty a GTS for drifting like they did for 2f2f.

andrave

who cares, its all bull **** anyway. this post was a joke, afaict.

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

who in the right mind would pay that much for a gt-r just to disconnect a driveshaft when you can jus tbuy a gt-s and itll be cheaper in the end. And you guys need to quit whining because any of you would accept sponcerships from any of those companies, or drive the skyline depicted above. May be riced out, but its a skyline none the less

Bio_Hazard

i agree Altiman

nametakennow

Sport Compact Car did a whole thing on the movie a little while before it came out. All 7 Skylines were GT-Rs without a doubt, and something like (I'd have to look at the article again to be sure) 3, maybe 4 of them were destroyed during production, which is really pathetic considering that it was in about 2 scenes. So, now they are either spread across the country, or they are with some guy (I saw an article, I think in SCC as well) who collects tons of Hollywood cars, and distributes them for use in movies as well. He just has a huge lot of them... I'm quite jealous. Anyway, that was the fate of the cars, not destruction just because they were used in a movie, that would be senseless cruelty, no matter how covered in APC a car is...

themadscientist

If the stipulation was that I couldn't undo all the gayness or sell the car to fund a real car's buildup then NO I wouldn't take one or drive it, sorry.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”