Whinning noise coming from passenger side front wheel

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
jhuman
Car: 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Hey guys,

Over the last couple years I've noticed this whinning noise coming from my front passenger side wheel. The brakes and rotors are good so I don't think that's the issue. I had the mechanic check it out, he hears it but doesn't know what it is and doesn't know how to proceed. The car drives/turns and brakes fine so I don't know what it means. Do you guys haven any ideas?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Yes, learn to describe the whine in greater detail, as in does it whine through the entire rpm OR driving range or does it only show in a certain gear or at a certain speed. At car stopped or moving? Could be in wheel or the engine end around the wheel.

The differences in that can point at 50 different parts. Saying a whine only is like saying the car rolls. And, what is this on, a Conestoga wagon? Meaning throw the exact engine and trans type in there too.

jhuman
Car: 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R

sorry about the missing info, the car is an automatic 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R QR25DE engine. The whine is constant throughout the drive and stops when the car stops. Picks back up as the car picks up speed and then is a fairly constant noise until the car stops again. Does this help?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If the noise increases in pitch as car speeds up overall and not tied to any transmission shifting then a wheel bearing or maybe a pass side axle intermediate bearing that locates the axle on the back of motor. A wheel bearing generally will increase depending on the side at turning, the load one way of car weight can make it change. But not always. You have a VERY slow wearing one, they generally break for good before going that long time wise but it is possible.

Certain tire tread patterns can do it too with wear and even more if you can tell it on some road surfaces but not others.

ferdie1
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra

had similar issue was cv axle on passenger side- the intermiate bearing was bad

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”