Which Strut Brand for 2016 Rogue S FWD Vin J

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Josh28
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue S

so was trying to do some home working my 2016 rouge s has just shy of 90,000 miles and I'm looking to change out the front and rear struts. I'm being leaned towards KYB but I'm seeing in their catalog they only make the rear struts for this model. its an fwd and was built in the Japanese Kyushu plant so i know that alone even ends up being a potentially different part number. I'm seeing that Gabriel and Monroe make a full set of struts as does Bilstein any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated as i know they say the Gabriels are stiffer and Monroes softer but both inferior to kyb and I'm unaware of how blistein is.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You can cross-check the p/n's on NissanPartsDeal by entering Japan-make, US-make, Korea-make. My bet is they're all the same p/n for struts, but that will tell you for sure.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Many years ago I wanted to change my struts, but it seems impossible to get oem. Moreover, doing DD on trying to find struts in the aftermarket realm gave me a headache.

Since my ride still runs close to perfect, I decided to keep my oem now going on 13 years.
I don't know why it's so hard to find new oem, but if I ever needed some struts, I would probably go to a Pick & Pull and grab some oem struts. Or if I'm desperate, used ones ebay.

But for rear springs, definitely go kyb. Personally never had a problem with them since changing them many moons ago.

I really don't want to take a chance with some crappy aftermarket quick struts, yah.... yah, cheaper, easier, ready to install, but I heard people online say they vibrate or drive horribly.

So for now I'll keep driving with these very old ones. :woot:

My 2 cents.

C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Bilstein was OEM on my 2005 Trailblazer so I went with them for replacements. They were slightly stiffer when new but not so bad as to regret putting them on. Of course, anything new would have been stiffer than what I had on there at 150K miles. After a bit, they mellowed out and were great. I bought them from https://www.shockwarehouse.com/. No affiliation, just good pricing when I bought.

Josh28

Yeah I was hoping for KYB but they don't list a part number for the front struts unless it's AWD which mine is not

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I made a boo boo, I meant kyb Shocks.

My springs are prehistoric original oems. :whistle:

Josh28

ended up going with Monroe's as there really wasn't much on the market

Return to “Rogue Forum”