which starter fits the CA

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

I'm trying to figure out which one to talk to guy at Discount Auto Parts into giving me to use in my 240sx.... (they can't seem to figure out the concept that it's not a 2.4 in the car).

anybody know which application I shoul get?

thanks,

PaulOrlando, FL

Movingviolation240

the PN: is 23300D0213 on the Jspec starter motor, but nobody here in the US can regonize that, anybody of any help with that?

thanks,

PaulOrlando, FL

Jay-Rulz

Hey Paul, this is what I'm thinking, if your tranny is kinda similar to our FWD one wouldn't a starter from the CA18DE pulsar work? I'm just posing this as a maybe!

The 1988 Nissan Pulsar has the CA18DE engine but it's FWD so I'm really not sure if the starter will fit!

Best of luck

JJ

Movingviolation240

I can tell you the part numbers are different, but that's kinda what I'm thinkin..... or use an S12 CA18ET starter

Jay-Rulz

Almost sure the CA18ET one won't work!

I know that even between the CA16DE and CA18DE the starters won't work, but from what I can see in the japanese S13 catalog they are the same for the CA18DE and CA18DET on any transmission!

There's probably one going on ebay right now, they usually sell for 45$ rebuilt to factory spec!

Fairly cheap!

Jay-Rulz

Movingviolation240

CA18DE starter will fit, but it looks like it would need 2 modifications. First off the plug on the back of it for the solonoid signal has to be switched around a bit to work with the DET starter wire, second you would need to use longer bolts with a nut on the end of them to do one of the bolts that hold the starter to the bellhousing because only one of the ones on the DE starter are threaded.

But my problem unfortunatly isn't with the starter, and the starter solonoid is not where it's supose to be...... so I have to try and track that down now..... I hate people who do **** like this when they install an alarm (bought the car this way) or I'm just going to wire up a push button starter and call it a day (but then that is a bit on the rice side).

later,

PaulOrlando, FL

I H8 UR DSM

eh, you dont need no stinkin starter...just adds weight anyway....no 'real racers' use starters...just park on a hill man.

; )

nismo240sx
Car: tuning and being cool

it should work cause the kade starter works on the kae one

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”