Which parts are reuseable in the suspension?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
GreenQ45a
Car: 2012 Altima 3.5 SR CVT - Dark Slate w\Black Leather Sport\Tech\Premium

2010 Pathfinder 4.0 SE Auto - Red w\Grey Cloth Towing Pkg\Tech 1

What I mean is are there any parts you can just place a new bushing and reuse.My understanding is with stock upperlinks you must replace the whole unit.However with the 300ZX you can replace the bushings only.

I'm willing to buy 300ZX if I can only just replace the bushing next time.

What about the Tierods?

Can you reuse the stock tentionrods with some new bushings or is a replacement in order?

Now the Struts.I'm gonna order rebuilt rear strut towers for the rear of the active Q from Texasoil next week (rears leaking).

All the rubber is cracked onthe boots all the way around.Also the bound bumper on the front is trashed (Driving on flat accumulators)I will be doing all the boots and bumpers @ once.

I want to get the other installation parts from Joe ordered soon.

I need 4 Bound Bumpers (1 each strut)I need 4 Dust boots (1 each strut)I need 4 Accumulator to Tower Seals (1 each strut)

Will I need a set of strut mount bushings?If so should I do all 4?Only the rear towers are leaking thats why there are getting replaced.

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks guys.

Jehangir
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45A

WOW..Great question

I just replaced my Upper Links, Tierod ends, tensionrod bushings, sway bar bushings, and .....I think thats it.

Everthing I just mentioned took very little time. And I spent less than $300 for parts. However I bought some used upper links from a fellow NICO member. I thnk Joe sells em for $100 a piece. I'm interested what kind of rubber you will replace when you do your suspension work. Don't forget to order the green juice. Make sure you give the dealer plenty of time because chances are they won't have 6-7 quarts of it. When I changed my acculators, I ended up replacing all of the screws that held them in place. Keith Bowers sends extremely thorough and easy to follow directions. I would pick his brain as to what else unexpected expenses to expect.

Good luck let me know if I can help.

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

You can can simply replace the tension rod busings without replacing the tension rod. You have to press the new bushings in or have a shop do it, but you don't have to replace the whole tension rod.

What do you mean what about the tie rods? They are quite simply good or bad. No need to mess with them if you don't have any play.

Upperlinks get replaced.

Check the springs and control arms for defects since you accumulators were dead.

To me the rears were the biggest pains, but you'll love the finished product!

red

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

green, on the strut related stuff, you will find that it takes a while to get it.

the boots were received fairly quick, the front bounds took a month to get. the front mounts were like $93 each, so i held off. when i did my accums, none of my boots were torn, and no struts leaking. so, i decided to skip strut removal. from my research, i can tell you that removing front struts has an unusual setup where the pressure line feeds into the strut atop the tower. you remove the hollow core bolts, replace with some stock hardware, and use a big daddy prybar to pivot against those bolts and break loose the 'center nut' from the strut. DON'T try it with the hollow core bolts!

anyway, if you are wanting to do this soon and joe will take a while, i can advance you the two front bounds and the 4 boots and take your new ones when they come in as i'm not in a hurry, but will do mine someday.

GreenQ45a

GQ Jay,

That would be great!!!

When you say "bounds" you do speak of the bound bumpers at the top of the strut right?Rubber pcs shaped like an hourglass?

I have been having a hard time finding the strut mounts are they backordered from Joe?

How will I know if I have "hollow" bolts?

Thanks again drop me an email @ [email protected] or [email protected] and we will talk shipping.

redmanfx

I've got four brand spanking new boots for the blues I got that I didn't need. If they are the same as the active strut boots(I think they are a little different) then you can purchase them from me since I want all the money I can get for the purchase of my next Q.

red

GreenQ45a

Yo Red..

Did you get that last payment for the active computer?

redmanfx

Yes sir I did.

red

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

GreenQ45a wrote:GQ Jay,

That would be great!!!

1.When you say "bounds" you do speak of the bound bumpers at the top of the strut right?Rubber pcs shaped like an hourglass?

2.I have been having a hard time finding the strut mounts are they backordered from Joe?

3.How will I know if I have "hollow" bolts?

4.Thanks again drop me an email @ [email protected] or [email protected] and we will talk shipping.
1. yes. i'll send a photo so you can be positively sure.

2. i think the were on back order when i inquired. they were also pricey, but they are different than the conventional mount.

3. you do. that is how the fluid gets from the lines at the tops of the towers into the strut.

4. email sent.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”