Which muffler/custom exhaust?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
skitz0721
Car: 08 Nissan Versa (Sedan)

I keep reading the forums for a good exhaust. I looks like a custom exhaust with a magnaflow muffler is going to give me the performance and sound I want. The only thing I have not seen is what muffler they are using. I can make an exhaust system from the header back no problem. I was thinking 2" tubing with one hi-flow cat and a magnaflow muffler. What do you guys think?

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

i bet you 5 bucks #1 Tango is gonna reply here.... when he does he will give you the answers you need, he too has a sedan....

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

superskunk wrote:i bet you 5 bucks #1 Tango is gonna reply here.... when he does he will give you the answers you need, he too has a sedan....

i have a magna flow muffler with a 2.25" custom cat-back, i will be getting a high-flow cat and header (manifold) to cat replaced

#1Tango

skitz0721 wrote:I keep reading the forums for a good exhaust. I looks like a custom exhaust with a magnaflow muffler is going to give me the performance and sound I want. The only thing I have not seen is what muffler they are using. I can make an exhaust system from the header back no problem. I was thinking 2" tubing with one hi-flow cat and a magnaflow muffler. What do you guys think?
i love my exhaust, i have it from the cat-back w. magnaflow w. 2.25'' tubing. in all honesty im not sure which magnaflow muffler i have, but i am quite happy with it. ive noticed slight power gains and also better gas mileage (when i don't floor it). i love it and don't regret doing it, i eventually want to replace the cat aswell. blind_snyper knows a lot more than i would about replacing the cat and full exhaust than i would, i tip my hat off to him for helping me out when i had questions.

not to thread jack you or anything but would replacing the cat void the warranty?
superskunk wrote:i bet you 5 bucks #1 Tango is gonna reply here.... when he does he will give you the answers you need, he too has a sedan....
haha

blindsnyper

#1Tango wrote:not to thread jack you or anything but would replacing the cat void the warranty?
i dont think so

Johniboi
Car: Versa

well you could go with the tanabe's but its more then a custom one so id rather go with custom.

and HOPEFULLY this weekend im gonna finally put on that ebay muffler i bought a long timee ago(ive tried returning it but they were bein bit***s ) its not that bad though,it looks pretty cool.just thought i could share a lil something..lol

i gotta friend who has a mazda, and he told me he took out the resenator pipe-not sure if im explaining it right? but made the car sound pretty niceeeee...is that possible with the versa?

#1Tango

w. my exhaust they took of the resonator, its a straight tubing from the cat to the muffler. im kinda bummed cuz high-flow cats are illegal in cali. im pretty sure atleast... i dunno, hopefully not. then again if a cop wanted to check it out theres no way to tell is there?

superskunk

my last comment wasnt a dis to you blind_snyper.... i was just saying that he mite know more because they both have sedans..... but now that i think about it, theyre almost the same thing so.... i dont know..... but i remember hearing something about high flow cats being illegal in cali.... ill have to look into that....

blindsnyper

superskunk wrote:my last comment wasnt a dis to you blind_snyper.... i was just saying that he mite know more because they both have sedans..... but now that i think about it, theyre almost the same thing so.... i dont know..... but i remember hearing something about high flow cats being illegal in cali.... ill have to look into that....
its all good, i knew what you meant

skitz0721
Car: 08 Nissan Versa (Sedan)

I will only have pipe-cat-pipe-muffler. I will make a header later when I have more time. I'm going to do intake, springs, spoiler, and exhaust at the same time. I just wasn't sure which muffler was going to give me the deeper tone I was looking for.

blindsnyper

i have magnaflow part # 14215and i have a clip of the exhaust...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hmbP34ZX7Fw

and driving with a CAI...http://youtube.com/watch?v=yTs...=user

Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

Waste of time and money, if you want performance, put your money toward a new car. Just get an axle-back, you'll get all of the sound you want from that.

superskunk

Jemdawg wrote:Waste of time and money, if you want performance, put your money toward a new car.
oh you of little faith... i think we do fairly well within our class, so what if we dont have 200 or 300 HP cars, big deal.... i think we are all part of a sub culture of auto tuners and enthusists and just regular people looking for a sense of camaraderie.... that being said.... some of us are just looking for ways to make the cars we have come to love just a little more fun to drive....

blindsnyper

superskunk wrote: oh you of little faith... i think we do fairly well within our class, so what if we dont have 200 or 300 HP cars, big deal.... i think we are all part of a sub culture of auto tuners and enthusists and just regular people looking for a sense of camaraderie.... that being said.... some of us are just looking for ways to make the cars we have come to love just a little more fun to drive....

superskunk

um, thanks? i think..... lol

blindsnyper

superskunk wrote:um, thanks? i think..... lol
high five, dont leave me hangin

superskunk

blind_snyper wrote:

rite on.....

#1Tango

blind_snyper wrote:

i think im too late

blindsnyper

#1Tango wrote:
i think im too late
neh, lets just have a giant NICO high-five

superskunk

my last post has to be best post yet....

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

QTP pipe is the way to go when it comes to exhaust. If you don't know what it is then look it up. Seriously tho its the way to go. Haven't seen anyone do it with their Versa yet but when I get the funds I will put pics up.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”