Which intake - JWT Popcharger or Nismo?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Andy_V35Sky_350GT
Car: 2003 Nissan Skyline 350GT

Looking at upgrading my intake from stock, which would you guys recommend more, the popcharger or the Nismo? Everyone here on this board seems to rave about the popcharger, but I havent heard too much about the Nismo, does anyone have the Nismo, would the Nismo provide similiar gains (6+ at the wheels) to the popcharger?

I like Nismo so I'd tend to stick with it unless the other is much better. What do you guys suggest? ALSO, is filtration on these kits just as good/better then the stock intake box?
Modified by Andy_V35Sky_350GT at 1:17 AM 7/1/2007

FamilyZ
Car: 350 gt

I hear that the pop charger is a good choice, but I have the nismo and I believe it to is a good choice. I like the black tube and how is sounds. They claim 5.5 whp. If you plan on installing it yourself as I did, you'll have tear off a piece of the hard foam that's behind the bumper for it to fit. These intakes were made for the 350 and the G. Besides that, install is easy.

thechronic
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

if i get the popcharger/z tube/plenum spacer combo, is there any retuning that needs to be done?

FamilyZ

shouldn't be a need

Andy_V35Sky_350GT

FamilyZ wrote:I hear that the pop charger is a good choice, but I have the nismo and I believe it to is a good choice. I like the black tube and how is sounds. They claim 5.5 whp. If you plan on installing it yourself as I did, you'll have tear off a piece of the hard foam that's behind the bumper for it to fit. These intakes were made for the 350 and the G. Besides that, install is easy.
Do you have any pics of it installed? me and a mate will be installing it. Would like to see how it looks under the hood.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Andy_V35Sky_350GT wrote:Looking at upgrading my intake from stock, which would you guys recommend more, the popcharger or the Nismo? Everyone here on this board seems to rave about the popcharger, but I havent heard too much about the Nismo, does anyone have the Nismo, would the Nismo provide similiar gains (6+ at the wheels) to the popcharger?

I like Nismo so I'd tend to stick with it unless the other is much better. What do you guys suggest? ALSO, is filtration on these kits just as good/better then the stock intake box?
As soon as I sell the 300zx, I'll be getting the Nismo intake.

As far as filtration, I will not use any filter that requires oil, because of possible MAF issues. I have used an AEM Dryflow on my Maxima, and it worked well. On the G, I will buck up and buy the Apexi filter. A little more than the AEM, but an "independent research" showed it to be better. Not sure how dependable their research is, but...

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Bean, you should be ok. People usually damage their MAFs when they do the install, not from the oil. If you wipe off the excess, you should be fine. I've used an oil-type filter on my LT1 for years and on my G35 for just over a year without any problems.

FamilyZ

Here are some pix for all to enjoi.

IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x132 ... G_0713.jpg[/IMG]

FamilyZ

one more

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Yeah, I know, but I am not a fan of the oil, and if the filter needs a cleaning, I like having the car "down" for 6 hours instead of 24.

Andy_V35Sky_350GT

Hey, was it easy to install? That things massive.

kdfja1

i got the Nismo CAI but if you guys dindt know yet its just an AEM CAI lol so iono choose wisely

Andy_V35Sky_350GT

^^

Why, do they suck?

FamilyZ

It's pretty easy to install. All piping can be installed from the engine bay. The most difficult part is the intake filter, that needs to go in from the bottom. You can lift the front driver side (turn your wheels to the right to allow more room to with) , take off some of the bolts (plastic and or under body diffuser) in that area until you have a big enough opening to fit the filter thru. Remember, you have to break off a piece of the hard foam that's behind the bumber for the Filter to fit in it's place. This will also allow more cool air in overall.

Good luck

kdfja1

iono just saying incase if you wanted the nismo CAI cuz its JDM (like I) buttt its actually just a remarked AEM CAI , so pretend that you are buying an AEM CAI with a nismo sticker

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”