Which exhaust should I go with?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Okay, I've been doing quite a bit of reding up on exhaust systems for the coupe and I wanted a couple of opinions from some other people here. I think I've narrowed down to either Borla, B&B or a custom Flomaster. I have also heard good things about the true duel exhaust and the NISMO.

I am leaning toward the Borla at this point I guess. It sounds really good, but there isn't a huge difference in sound. It is a little deeper and sounds really good at about 3k. I've heard that the B&B is pretty loud, but not obnoxious and the flowmaster would sound alot more muscle carish. I know several people who the flowmaster on their Cobras and love them.

I am pretty certain the hp gains or losses are minimal with any of the above-mentioned exhausts.

So, what do you guys think? Any other ideas? What have you heard or have your experiences been with any of the exhausts?

Ryan

lessthanjakejohn

call BRM, see what they have

http://www.brmusa.com/index.htm

rydwhite

Here is a link to the sound of the B&B exhaust on a 350Z. It should sound the same on a G. http://www.bbtriflo.com/av/350z.html

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

exhaust on an automatic car forsome reason has never sounded very appealing to my senses. Between shifts it just sounds awfull

rydwhite

I am assuming that you have never driven the auto G then. It sounds identical to the 6mt. The only thing you don't get in the auto that the 6mt has is the chirp in shifting to 3rd. I have driven both and both are nice in sound, performance and every other aspect.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

I got my HKS Hiper on my car while it was still auto, and it sounded great. Was deep and beautiful through shifts, etc.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”