Which Coilover would you go with?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
NiteKids

I am going to picking a set of coilovers here pretty soon and I'm stuck between two of them.

First one is JIC FLT A2

or

Zeal B6 Functoin

The Zeal is about 400 dollors more. I'm sure either one I go with I'll still by happy with them but I have a few questions about them.

1. How is the ride quality of them on the street. I hear its going to be very rough but that's not a very big concern of mine.

2. What Spring rate would you recomend. I plan to do some track racing from time to time. Have not really done much yet cause I don't feel my suspension currently is up to par.

3. Can you use stock control arms etc w/ them without fear of them breaking due to the stiffness of the setup?

Thanks

I am upgrading from Koni Yellow Adjustibles/Eibach Sportlines.

jrifter j
Car: drifting

umm......go with Jic-Magic for nice drift suspension and they are cheap too.i would know,as my company cars only ride the best(jic-magic).

NiteKids

To most people 1600 isn't cheap for the JIC FLT A2. Heck even to me it's not cheap. Lots of moneys! I think more around the range of 900 is "cheap." But then again for the most part they don't come w/ upper mounts.

jrifter j

$1600 is cheap to Tein.you must want sleeves or cheap a** coilovers that will break-------------------DRIFT OR DRESS UP, YOU DECIDE.

NiteKids

I also forgot to ask:

Will I have any coilover over clearance problems? My current wheels are tires set is as follows:

Front: 17x8 w/ 235/45/17 w/ +35 offset and a 5mm Spacer

Rear: 17x9 w/ 255/40/17 w/ + 35 offset no spacer

Wheels right now seem to have a -1 1/2 degree camber to -2 just by eyeballing it. I could be way off but I'm sure this would change again w/ the new setup.

NiteKids

The second post by you made no sense.

jrifter j

no. the jic-magic coilovers adjust the shock too and not just the springs

NiteKids

I am also Anti-Tein. Not because they are not good but my friend in his pos Honda civic. He just bought some Tein Flexs for his car and the way he goes about them makes me hate tein. He always goes:

"Ah man my teins are so bad ***"

"Ah check out my badass tein sticker"

"My Teins are better then your set up"

"Ah I got my badass Tein t-Shirt"

"Ha you don't have teins cause you can't afford them"

"Ha yeah right I'll smoke you with my car and my Teins."

and it goes on and on.

NiteKids

jrifter j wrote:$1600 is cheap to Tein.you must want sleeves or cheap a** coilovers that will break-------------------DRIFT OR DRESS UP, YOU DECIDE.

Riiiiight. Since I wanted cheap Sleaves I choose to go w/ JIC or Zeal. :confused:

jrifter j

it took you that long to get that JOKE

jrifter j

tein is a great company and go tell your friend that jic-magic is better!!!!o yeah also tell your friend that just because he has euro lights doesnt mean the lights add 50hp!!!

NiteKids

I'm not exactly sitting on this post clicking reload over and over to see what kind of replies I get. I gotta acually do some work while here at work ya know.

NiteKids

And if your curious here's the h0m0 civic and h0m0 civic owner that made me hate tein.

http://jaycheng.gigafast.com:8...c.htm

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

NiteKids wrote:And if your curious here's the h0m0 civic and h0m0 civic owner that made me hate tein.

If I ever see homeboy with that GRIIIIP license plate, I'm gonna go out of my way to smoke him. Though from the looks of his page, it seems like he's put a lot of money into getting his car dialed in. It might be close, but I doubt a built 1.6 non-turbo can hang with a 1 bar running, SR20DET. Who knows though, Civics are so cracked out these days. =/

AJ-SPEC
Car: 1995 240sx/se, 5 lug, no sunroof, no lsd

Hope this info helps:JIC is 15way adjustable, with threaded spring perch for height adjustability. it also comes standard with camber plates for all 4 corners. big thing is that the 240 has problems lowering effectively because of the shock body must be shortened or you will be on the bumpstops all the time. the solution is to get a shorter shock body, which tein has, but the problem comes again because of the lowered compression travel. JIC solves both by using a threaded shock body, allowing you to shorten the shock body without sacrificing compression travel. the spring rates are 447fr and 335rear. I am pretty sure you will be good with this. the tein offers 448f/336r, but you won't feel the diff. of a pound. I am going to use JIC for these reasons, and because you can order strut bars from them also, and it's usually better, though not required, to go as much with the same company as possible, as thier equipment is tuned together. sport compact car chose this setup also, and you can find out more at http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com, and do a search on project 240, then select project sylvia. it comes up as no info. if you just punch in project sylvia, don't know why.

Btw, if you do a thorough search of the board, you will find that tein's are good, but after getting them, people would still like to upgrade to JIC. It's never the other way around. tein he/ha: just over a grandJIC flt-a2: 1599 not sure about your rims and offset, but the JIC is supposed to be able to work with this. I'm not sure about that part though.hope this helps!:cool:

AJ-SPEC

If that link doen't work, just look up sport compact car, then do the search. sorry about that...... like you name though!

NiteKids

Thanks AJ. remember I'm anti Tein! lol

dennis

ive been deciding between jic and tien also, but pretty much set on getting jic's. because of all the stuff AJ-SPEC said i remember reading that a while back in SCC thats when i first saw the jics and wanted them, but also ive heard tiens rust, i dont know if thats true or not though my brothers knows a few people with them and thats what they told him, has anyone else ever heard this?

dennis

SilviaLuvr
Car: shopping for parts going to school to become a massage therapist

NiteKids wrote:And if your curious here's the h0m0 civic and h0m0 civic owner that made me hate tein.

:D LOL what a freakn joke i got tein sticker, option, and option 2 stickers all over my car. my car is hell o cool give me a break!!!:pface

NiteKids

Ghey!

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

AJ-SPEC wrote:JIC solves both by using a threaded shock body, allowing you to shorten the shock body without sacrificing compression travel. the spring rates are 447fr and 335rear. I am pretty sure you will be good with this.
So does Tein. The Tein RA has a threaded shock body.

Quote »the tein offers 448f/336r, but you won't feel the diff. of a pound.[/quote]

I have you clue what you mean by this.

I had Tein RA's on my WRX. They were awesome. My friend has the Jic FLT A2's on his WRX. They were awesome as well. My suggestion is to try to drive someone else's 240 with either of these suspension setups to find out which one suits you best.

As for the Tein Flex's...they are a show car's suspension. Tein clearly states that these coilovers are not marketed for the all out high performance market. Your friend is a fool.

signal180sx
Car: 2004 IS300 Supercharged

ZEALS!

Dragon240

What's average retail on Zeal B6's and where's a good place to snag 'em?

Dori Dori

NiteKids

Zeals I believe about 400 more then JIC.

matt0941
Car: Counter-Strike, Cars, Girls (in that order)

OPINION REQUIRED: I don't know too much about suspension/cross weights yada yada yada. But I have all around Eibach Sportlines and Tokico rear shocks stock front shocks. Would you (FOR DRIFTING AND AUTO-X, but maintaing street driveablity): A) Replace the stock shocks with something damper adjustable all around, or B) JIC-Magic FLTA2s?

aznromeox

GROUP BUY FOR JIC COILOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were having a group buy on the http://www.240sxforums.com Its for whatever coilovers you want. :) I'm planning to go for this one to. We need 15 people. I believe we have around 8.

AJ-SPEC

I think most would agree that a coilover setup would be your best bet. For street/autox, you might be quite happy with a good spring/damper setup. but for drifting, you would want quite a bit stiffer suspension. springs would probably work, you could drift stock if you wanted, but you would still find that your setup is a little soft. jic's would definitely help in autox, and the adjustability would allow you to stiffen up the ride considerably for more powerful drifting. depending on your budget and how competitive you are, I'd recommend jic's, but if the shock assembly is threaded as someone said earlier, than the tein ha's would do quite well also, and would save you about 500 bucks.

s14det

That JIC group buy is for anything that JIC makes. %25 off of the price that is listed on the site. I have my order in for A2's, strut bar, upper rear camber bar. (whatever that is called)

Dori Dori

AJ-SPEC wrote: I'd recommend jic's, but if the shock assembly is threaded as someone said earlier, than the tein ha's would do quite well also, and would save you about 500 bucks.

No, I never said HA's had a threaded shock body. I said the RA's did. Also, for the HA's to be $500 less, you'd be getting them w/ out pillow ball mounts, so it's not really a fair comparison. To make it fair, we'll say the HA's are $250 less.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”