Which brake set to get for G37xS coupe (Akebono BBK)?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
tm2016
Car: 2012 G37X Sport Coupe (Akebono BBK)

Hi all,

I reached here after exhausting my research capabilities.

I have a 2012 G37X Coupe with the Sport package. This means it has the Akebono BBK on it.

I cannot, for the life of me, get a straight answer regarding the name of the pads used from the dealerships I have been calling around.

I finally got someone to give me the following part numbers using my VIN:

d1060jl00j (front)
d4060jl00j (rear)

No one can confirm if these are Akebono pads. All I get from them is "Infiniti pads".

The I decided to look for brakes myself; found that StopTech Street Perf is held in high regard on this forum, but I am confused about the right size. I found three sizes as follows:

1. StopTech 309.130460 (Front)
2. StopTech 309.130470 (Rear)

and to make things confusing

3. StopTech 309.09050 (Rear)

So, here are my specific questions.

a) Do dealers use Akebono pads, and are the part numbers listed above the right OEM pad for the Akebono BBK?

b) Should I buy my own StopTech pads and if I were to do that, which of the above listed is the proper rear brake-pad set?

c) Also, if someone knows a good Brake shop in Massachusetts which would gouge me for prices, please let me know?

Kindly help me out.

Regards

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Reach out to Mike at Tunerzstore.com and he can get you some alternatives to the OEM parts. It's so easy to change pads on the sport brakes you should save the $$ and do it yourself.

Here's my how-to: http://infinitig37.com/g37-change-brake-pads.html

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

We have plenty of pads to choose from to include OEM maintenance advantage pads, that are cheaper than the standard OEM and also include the shims, which the standard OEM pad doesn't. The OEM part#'s you have listed are the correct pads for Sport package brakes. Who knows what brand name Nissan uses for their branded "OEM" pads, they come in a Nissan Box with no other markings. All we know is that AKEBONO makes the brake calipers, period.

G37 Brake Pads

That is the link to the brake components we offer for the G37. If it doesn't say (AKEBONO) in the title, then it doesn't fit the sport brakes. The description of each item also includes vehicle fitment.

In short we offer the following Pads, all listed on the website:
Hawk HPS
Hawk Ceramic
Project MU
Centri Posi Quiet
Stoptech Performance
OEM

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”