Which battery should I buy?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
zx2max
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

The last two days I've come out in the morning to find the battery in my 06' M35X completely dead. I'm trying to decide what to replace it with since I don't want to jump start it every day. Initially I was going to get an Optima Red Top but I read a few posts on here that said they aren't that good anymore since being made in China. So, should I still buy a Red Top for $158 on Amazon or get the Die Hard Gold from Sears for $141? Also, I'm noticing Sears has 2 versions of the Die Hard Gold for the exact same price. One is 700 CCA and the other is 725 CCA. Common sense says go with the higher cold cranking amps but thought I would ask for opinions since strangely they are same price. Thanks.

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

You might also take a look at Interstate batteries. I think I read somewhere that they make the Infiniti labeled replacement battery and on the consumer reports website they have it and the Everstart batteries as their only ones recommended in the 24 and 24f category.

zx2max

Thanks kmiles. I'll check out the Interstate batteries too.

BlackCat81
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470

Either an interstate or die hard will be fine. Go with the highest CCA you can find that will fit in the car.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Interstate MegaTron Plus ... is the one I use now (do a search for posts on this topic from me), although I am not entirely sure that this is far better than the OEM one yet.

Z

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

I have Diehard gold about two years now. Its not great. I'm seeing an issue where after a drive and the car sits for about 15-20 minutes, I hear the car struggle to start up. If it's the next day, hours later, or 2 minutes after there is no problem. I'm not getting the voltage I think I should at rest, but sears says it's within spec. I never have my car on without the engine because my system will kill my battery in 5-10min. So be ware of diehard. I think I'll go back and try again to gave it exchanged.

yomoms16
Car: infinity m35 x

Bought my car 3 years ago with a diehard platinum already installed. I have a mono amp pushing 1500 watts rms to 2 subs. Car battery is a Monster. A couple months ago my car was in a repair shop for couple days. I came to a dead car battery. Completely dead. I kinda figured was from them listening to my system :sad: I jumped her. And car starts every morning like it was never drained. Since then ive been thinking im gonna have to get a nee battery soon. Since batteries dont really do too well after completly drained. But so far. Its still running strong. Long story short. If this battery ever dies. Im 1000% sure i will be getting back another diehard platinum. 3 years since ive had it. Plus however long the previous owner had it in for. Sorry for the long post

zx2max

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I think I will check out the Interstate batteries.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

zx2max wrote:Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I think I will check out the Interstate batteries.
Their Megatron Plus is the high rated one. As I recall, there are two versions of their 24 size - make sure to get the one that has the terminals in the correct location and not reversed! :)

Z

Poirot
Car: 2007 Unbria/Bourbon M45 Sport

Morning All. I am in need of a new battery as my DieHard is going the way of all flesh. I am looking at the Odyssey ODX-AGM34R. Amazon says it will fit, while the Odyssey site recommends the 24F version. The consensus says that the ODX-AGM34R will fit, but seeking verification. Is there anyone here that has installed it?

Poirot

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I believe I have used that battery before. Our cars do use a 34R battery, not a 24F.

macgiver

Autozone , they'e E V E R Y W H E R E , they have given a F R E E NEW battery over the counter LAST TWO times
(9 years....not crapped out in 9 mos. now) , AND they did that even when I was sure I had like a $40,& other time a $ 65 pro-rate to pay...........................How ya gonna do that on AmaZOOM ??? :rotflmao
I paid NOTHING , NOTHING ................FREE !

:confused: .................... :lolling: .......................... :crazy: ................... :cool:

Poirot
Car: 2007 Unbria/Bourbon M45 Sport

They are not in stock at Autozone in my area. Napa appears to have them.

Poirot :inout:

macgiver

What was I thinking , SZHITT you are ................P O I R O T ....................scuse me :rotflmao

C'et e voir puit qo revsar de le tard voila les trois et venevayr ....my respects sir :rotfl

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”