Which Battery has lasted you guys the longest?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Evergreentrees
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 S 6spd M/T

This might be a bit of an open ended question as there are many factors at play when it comes to battery life. Vibrations, driving habits, climate, electrolyte maintenance and terminal corrosion all play a part in the charging system.

Im due for a new battery pretty soon, saw a deal at cosco for an interstate battery for about $75 just a regular lead acid. Was wondering if anyone could chime in with brands I should look out for or which ones to avoid in 2021 as maybe their production quality took a hit and are no longer as reputable.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Evergreentrees wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 pm
This might be a bit of an open ended question as there are many factors at play when it comes to battery life. Vibrations, driving habits, climate, electrolyte maintenance and terminal corrosion all play a part in the charging system.

Im due for a new battery pretty soon, saw a deal at cosco for an interstate battery for about $75 just a regular lead acid. Was wondering if anyone could chime in with brands I should look out for or which ones to avoid in 2021 as maybe their production quality took a hit and are no longer as reputable.
When it was time to replace the original OEM battery on my first 06 G35 6 speed manual Infiniti, I discovered one battery cell was no longer accepting a full charge by checking with a battery hydrometer.
I never would purchase a sealed lead acid battery for just that reason.
I priced batteries in a number of locations and the price at my local Infiniti dealer was roughly about $20 higher. I chose the dealer.
Does Costco get the same quality Interstate batteries that an Infiniti dealer would? I have no clue?

I do know that if you purchase a Hot Water Heater, no matter what the brand at a Home Depot, it is not the same quality and will not last as long as a Hot Water Heater purchased thru a HVAC Contractor.
This is true for many products when manufactures are under pressure to lower costs of their products.
The consumer would never know if the lead plates in the battery were thinner?
Considering the age of your vehicle it is probably fine to purchase the cheapest battery that you can find.

Good luck

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jethbon
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

To me, Interstate or Optima is the way to go.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”