Where to start replacing the whole brake system

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
common_commuter
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima

Hey all,
I have a 1995 Altima has been a very good car other than the breaks lock up if I give more than a gentle touch , and it sends me sliding all over the freeway. I am thinking about replacing the whole system but I don't know where to start any suggestions?
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi, Welcome to NicoClub.

Do you have ABS? I wonder if something in those automated cylinders are causing an issue. Locking up isn't desirable in most situations, such as the freeway. I could guess all day, but you might want to add useful information.

You might want to inspect your calipers and bleed your brakes. There could be an issue with those. Do you have drum or disc in the back?

As far as replacement goes, brake Pads and rotors are a great place to start. Calipers if needed, maybe a master cylinder. For normal driving most any pad will do.

Tires are integral to braking as well. You need tires to grip the pavement for brakes to work.

I like 1995 cars. They seem to be good deals.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”