Where to order a jack crank to lower the spare tire?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
coupe1942
Car: 1999 Nissan Quest mini-van, 3.3L engine and auto with air.

I have a 1990 Nissan HB truck that didn't have the original jack inside it when I got the thing. There is supposed to be a jack crank or jack rod that goes into the hole at the back of the bed and lowers the spare tire from under the bed of the truck. I can find a diagram of it in the owner's manual. I went to all the local wrecking yards and had no luck in the least of finding a spare jack rod or even ordering such. Anyone know where a new or used one can be purchased? I had a flat the other day, but luckily it was right at the edge of my carport and I didn't have to put the spare on. I jacked up the wheel and removed it to take to a tire shop for replacement. If this had happened on the road and I had really needed the spart tire from under the bed of the truck, I'd be in a quandry, for sure.

None of the other trucks at the salvage yard seemed to use the same jack rod set up.

Again, where can one be purchased or located? I do not need a jack, but just the rod device that lowers the spare from under the truck.

Thanks,
Huey

dvdswan

coupe1942

That kit shown seems to have everything necessary, but when I called the company the sales clerk said that the kit is no longer manufactured by Nissan and they can't order it. Makes little sense to them offering it in the parts for sale/accessory section, but that is what the sales person told me. Dead end in getting one ordered from that site.
Thanks anyway.

RT22
Car: 1991 nissan hardbody

Hunt junk yards, may take a few trips but those can be found, or even look in other vehicles, or take one from a truck or car that the rod is right length and diameter and have a welder tak on a small rod to form the T of a stock one.

coupe1942

Unfortunately, the local junk yards have nothing to rob from. I have already tried that route. I bought a length of metal to try to shape and use, but I have long since given up my grinder and many helpful tools that used to be used in my garage. I'll play with it more this weekend, but no luck with the junk yard scavaging to date. Burned my arm on the tail pipe earlier today and decided it could all wait until the heat of the day was long gone. I'll attack it once again when the heat is not as bad outside. I was hoping I could work a flat blade screwdriver in there and make it work, but not so sure it will do the trick or not. Hard to see the actual assembly piece I seem to be fighting above the actual spare tire.

longtooth
Car: 89 d21 HB

I have had good luck with ebay for parts that were hard to find in the past.

coupe1942

I had no luck today in locating a jack or a jack rod in any of the wrecking yards I searched through. Fought the weeds and snakes to get in every truck I could locate, but no luck in finding one. I did have luck in finding a stash of bulbs of large and small size to replace any on my dash cluster, but no luck with the jack rod. I didn't really need a jack and none of the trucks had one to begin with.

I contacted my son-in-law's grandpa and he knew just what I was speaking of. He had a jack rod, but the tip on it was too small, so he took some rod stock and simply welded a T to the end of it and we bent the rod like a Model A crank at the opposite end. It looked rough, but what jack rod is going to ever be in a beauty pagent? It worked like a champ and once I get the actual mechanisim that winds up the chain lubricated, it should work very, very well, indeed. I got the spare down and will lube the device tomorrow when the temp is better than the heat and humidity we have right now.

Thanks to anyone who posted info on this rod. It all helped in making one up to work. Gramps was a blessing to make it all work. :-)

lsilva34
Car: 1994 Nissan Pick up

I found the crank rod at a Nissan dealer!!!
I just received it in the mail.
I went to courtesyparts.com the part # is: 99552-01G00 (99613) rod-Jack handle - Truck- hardbody (d21u) 1995-12/1994 I paid 14.90 plus shipping.
Good luck!
Lou

Manuelashepherd
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4

The 01G00 is for what year on the qx4? I got the same but also the No.:99552-2W200 for my 2003 qx4. I am looking for the jack handle rod too but got like 3 numbers. The 2w200 the 01G00 and even a pathfinder 2003 one thsts much cheaper but that has 99552-7S200. I wish i could use the pathfinder one but I get a feeling the 2w200 is the right one to go cause all the other ones say doesn't not fit evenebay says the 7s200 could fit. I called the infinity dealer and he days the 2w200 is old part..doesn't exist anymore.. now it is 99552-01G00. But when i put that into the infinitypart.com website it says it might not fit.. Help pls for my 2003 qx4.

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

If you still need the jack handle I MIGHT have the parts? Let me know. You could also post an add in the classified section on this site.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”