Where to get valve shim 2003 Frontier 2.4L?

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
angel71rs
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Brother's 2003 Frontier work truck had head gasket replaced. Shop found cracked shim. It's the 2.42mm PN 13229-F4523. Nissan says discontinued. Google fu on that PN comes up empty.

Anyone know of any other sources to get Nissan valve shims? TIA.

importman77
Car: '86 Nissan D21 4X4 Vg30i

I know this is kind of old but on the off chance that you are still looking I'd say, try Rock Auto.

angel71rs
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Thanks for the reply. Rock was a nogo. Shop doing the work finally got hold of a machine shop that had a shim kit, engine is up and running as of yesterday.

I don't know if it was Nissan specific kit or if they made it work. When I was looking, I found shims on ebay that were the right thickness but for different engines that could have worked. But ended investigation once he told me they had something viable.

I did find a couple of Canadian dealerships out in the sticks that listed having the shim. Maybe they had it because they are in the middle of nowhere and never used them up, or maybe they listed them as in stock but didn't actually have them.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”