Where to get suspension

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
Ronnie S
Car: 71 510

I've been looking around for some suspension for my project car. I've always like the datsun lowered and now ready to do mine. I've looked on ebay and didn't find any. I'm looking for something that is a drop in. Coil over strut assembly.Any help in the right direction will do.Thanks

slydrdie1
Car: 1970 datsun 510 wagon

ive never seen a simple drop in unless somebody else has already done the modifying to it.usualy there is some cutting and welding (the spring purches)on all suspension unless you go super exspensive .which unless your building a serious track car ,its kinda pointless.i used civic ground control coilovers and 1st gen rabbit strut inserts.did it all for @$250. but i already had the adjustment sleves.

Mapex8819
Car: 82 Datsun 280zx L28E

All depends, what kinna car you got? "Suspension Techniques" sells a nice lowering spring kit for most applications. However, if you want progressive spring rate your kinna outta luck. Good luck with the project though. If you're able to use these and do decide to buy, I suggest Tokico HP shocks for the rear and Tokico Illumina adjustable shocks for the front. Or hell, Illuminas front and rear if you can... They just didn't offer'em for the rear of my 82, 280zx. PEACE!

-Noah

tfram2003
Car: 1970 510 sr20

hey so heres what i recommend techno toys tuning and ground controll both make 510 specific coilover and i am happy with my ground control but if it is all said and done techno toys may be the same price with less fab.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”