Where to get an I/C

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
WAbernethy

I've been trying to figure out where to get my I/C from. Are there any junkyard cars that would have a suitable design for our cars? (Mine's an S13 btw) I've also been looking at the possibilty of building my own. Where is a cheap place to get cores/endtanks? Also, what is the best way to run it? Straight across or across and back? Do most of you have to re-locate the battery for this? I have also thought about doing a top mount with a hood scoop from an older Z, but I think that the airflow across a top mount would not be all that great. Anybody have one set up this way?

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

I got my 89 Starion I/C from a junkyard close to me for 90 bucks. I chose the 89 model starion(conquest) intercooler b/c it is supposed to be a really good one for an OE part. You can get one of these on ebay, I have seen them a bunch of times before, but they tend to run about 150-200 bucks, average, for a decent one with few bent fins. I got EXTREMELY lucky with mine and to be honest I will be suprised if you can get one for a better deal than what I got. Not to brag, I'm just saying that the guy I got mine from didn't know the truew value of it.

wanabe240esx

WAbernethy wrote: I've also been looking at the possibilty of building my own. Where is a cheap place to get cores/endtanks?

http://www.roadraceengineering.com

the only place i know

WAbernethy

OK so I got some cores for next to nothing off E-Bay, I guess I'll be making my own. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Now I need to come up with a fuel management system. New thread, hopefully I'll get some good info from you slackers. ;)

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”