Where to find part #s?

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
BaconLuver
Car: 95 something...

Hi all, just ordered some parts based on an advertiser's quote on some part #s and they came today as the wrong parts. Is there a complete reference somewhere - either free or at cost - of all the part #s for the convertibles? Just trying to prevent this from happening again and not waste $$ on duplicate parts. Thanks for any advice you guys might have.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

which part were you looking for and what advertiser did you get it from?

BaconLuver

I needed the rear window switch - missing 1 of 2. He gave me the part # for a blank panel cap...

I needed the metal cap that holds down the spare tire. He gave me a part # for the bolt that the caps slips through......

Each time I tried to give an exact part that I needed and mention each and every time that the parts are for a convertible.

sorry, don't want to start probs so no names will be mentioned.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

i can't help you on the window switch issue since I don't have a part number for it. I would give Courtesy Nissan a call (unless this was the company you were dealing with before) and explain to them what you need. I've never gotten a wrong part from them.

As for the spare tire lockdown cap, just go to a junkyard and pull one. Something tells me that that won't be available from the dealer since it's such a minor part. The rear quarter window switch may not be available anymore since it's an interior piece and the car is beginning to hit it's 12th model year out of production.

BaconLuver

hmm..good advice. thanks.

I guess I better start inventoring all the parts I need now before they all become obsolete!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”