where to buy oem reman turbos?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

What are some good places to buy oem units that are reman? Im having quite the time sourcing a t28 from an s15...

lexcrob

I drove 2 hours to pick up a turbo guy swears up and down its a garrett unit.....M12 t3/t04e no stamp fig. maybe it was off a ford or sumtihn

^tip EDUCATE urself i now have a 90$ pos that im to afraid to bolt up to my new 120k bone stock donor motor SAD day!

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

Definitely do your homework, and don't depend on a vendor to know what they have. Some vendors don't actually do the rebuild work, they just market/sell them.

I got a turbo from a guy on here (wont mention names because he's recently passed), but I was sold to me as a Super-60, and ended up being a Z31 stock turbo....

lexcrob

FINALLY i just bought a new turbo supposed to be rb25det unit but 3hours later of searchin entire internet and no facts.

1) says 45V1 NISSAN on the compressor housing
2) compressor wheel looks black.....not magnetic (cannot tell if its plastic/nylon) ???
3) the turbine is for shur ceramic
4)T3 exhaust flange -830B 21U stamped on it???

-i know for shur its not an rb20 unit looks way diff. used to have one
-water/oil cool
-some sites say its vg30det unit
-most info. points to series 2 rb25det turbo
-i guess most compressor blades even "metal are not magnetic (who knew) so how do i tell its plastic.....

I did an endshaft play check .006 dead nutz in journal/BB Spec.---how do i know for shur its BB or journal?

Im burnt out on searching if anyone has some info. let me know i still dont even know what I got very sad. It seems very promising tho only problem no wastegate someone took it off. <--carb. spring anyone

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I'm not aware of any compressor wheels that are plastic. Most are alum. The thing with Nissan turbo's is the turbine wheel, they are ceramic and bonded to the shaft. If they are over spun, they unass themselves. I cranked my RB20 turbo to 18 psi and it held on. But I think 14 psi is the accepted limit. The RB25 turbo's have the same type of wheel iirc.

The T3 from the RB25 or the Z31 will be a great turbo for the KA right up to 14 psi. You should be able to make just over 300whp with a marginal setup.

As far as used turbo's go, I almost always look for Holset. They are resilient and seem to last forever. They are also pretty cheap. I wouldn't buy a remanufactured turbo, I would just a buy a used one. If it's reman'd you don't know if it was done correctly. Better to buy one that is still balanced with high mileage then one with a couple new seals and bushing thrown back together any old way.

Just my .02

lexcrob

Ive read great things about Holset and have been looking for one. The only thing is getting one in there--keeping booster+ A/C for a decent price. < that may very well be my next venture if this one is successful! Ill have to learn to weld i guess.... :confused:

Yep 14psi that wont be big deal i thought the quicker spool would be great for what i want.

-Ill try to thow some pics of it on here tonight the compressor wheel is straight up black....?? carbon composite doesnt feel like metal i guess it really dont matter what it its made of..
-I there a way to tell if its ball bearing its got a spring in the cartridge center gold shaft?

The biggest problem is it doesnt have a internal wastegate actuator. The flapper is still there i just need to find something to work! HKS makes an aftermarket one as well as others thats the main reason i need to identify! Id rather not use and external one $$$ unless EMUSA would be ok combined with the hobbs switch? I even read of guys using carb spings on HMT thats probly fail" for shur. Thanks for the feedback (new engine on stand)----STOKED!!!!

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I was doing some browsing...

I like this one.

With This Manifold.

lexcrob

^this guy hahaha i wish im just dyin to get this thing going that will be my upgrade after i build my spare motor sittin on floor!
Full forged kits are getting cheap as crap 750$ range !!!

I plan to purchase that exact manifold i was kind of hopeing to get some feedback but i still havent seen anything but fitment.

Pulled motor out of donor car yesterday 40deg. sprinkling all day outside of garage--3 motors on floor in there no enough room ): ill be puttin this motor in while it snowin at this rate. I should plan better next time :facepalm:

(I talked to guy other day he said he got all his turbo fitings and lines for like 30$ at a local hydralics place.)FTW

lexcrob

Will the jgs kit work for feeding my rb25 series 2? Should i look around for hydralic line shop or somthin? Would a .63 restrictor be ideal?

I searched around a little but fig. id ask the experienced guys for best route. Mainly i need to know what fitting/kit to get welded to my oil pan! Im ready to get motor back in just wanna go ahead and tap return so i can just bolt on turbo essentially<

bassfaceesp
Car: 89s13

legit turbo kits online?anyone got any tips or names to drop? hks nismo?

lexcrob

jump on jgs DONE^

more expensive kits are kinda waste and cheaper ones are probly ...cheaper get what you pay for id say they set the standard price and reliability wise

lexcrob

If you broke like me tho you gotta source together a custom kit try to spend $ where it counts and cross yeh fingas

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”