Where's my pcv valve?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
97sentraguy

I cannot find the PCV valve on my 1997 Sentra, 1.6L engine. Can anyone help me? I'm shooting oil out of every possible crack and crevice.

NISTECH

If you can do me a favor and take a picture of the top of you engine so you get the whole valve cover and intake manifold. Typically I can picture where this stuff is in my head,but I am having a major brain fart right now and can not invision your engine...lol if not I will try to find a picture somewhere posted of your engine.

NISTECH

Their is 2 places I am thinking it is either stuck in the side of the valve cover near the passneger side by the intake manifold or it goes into a little box under the intake manifold near the same side of the car. this is why i ask for the picture i cant remember off the top of my head with out physically seeing the engine.

97sentraguy

Thanks for replying so fast. Here is a picture. I hope I got everything you need to answer my question.

97sentraguy

Would it happen to be connected to the tube that is coming out of the valve cover right next to the oil filler cap? If so, you have my permission to have all your friends come by and mock me. I pulled the valve out and shook it. It's a little sluggish, but it still rattles. Can you think of any other reasons that my engine started gushing oil, seemingly overnight? It's definitely coming out around the filler cap, and seems to be coming out around the valve cover, oil pan, etc. It doesn't seem to leak if I leave it parked for an extended period of time, but as soon as I start driving, I am losing a quart about every 500 miles

NISTECH

yep thats the valve right there next to the oil cap. Replace it anyway and see if your leak is resolved. If not you need to determine where the main portion of the leak is coming from. typical components to leak profusley is the oil sender,front crank seal, and the most pain to repair the front cover orings for the oil pump[front cover would need to come off]

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”