Where is the bluetooth module location

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rhconcepts
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

Im installing a new deck and a idatalink maestro unit for the steering wheel controls and here is what the instructions say.

In order to use the steering wheel buttons you must bypass the Bluetooth module located behind the passanger side panel in the cargo area. Connect pin 22 to pin 15, connect pin 19 to pin 16, connect pin 20 to pin 13. Leave the Bluetooth connector disconnected.

Thats great info but where is it and what does it look like?

Thanks

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Just last week I finished installing my Pioneer AVH-4100NEX in my Bose equipped 2008 Rogue SL AWD and had to do the same thing.

The Bluetooth module is behind the "Luggage side lower finisher RH" which is on the right-hand side (Passenger Side) of the vehicle. Here is what it looks like:
See Interior Factory Service Manual http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2008/INT.pdf and see page 31 of the PDF. It isn't that bad to get to, just keep track of your bolts when removing everything. I installed an Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control (SWC) module which also requires jumpering the Bluetooth module wires. I ended up soldering the connections to make sure everything would work properly as the SWC's in the Rogue work on resistance. The ASWC-1 was supposed to auto-program, but it didn't, so I had to manually program it. But it does indeed work. You should NOT plug the connector back into the Bluetooth module. Be sure to completely disconnect all BT module connectors and zip tie them up to the rest of the cabling in that area.

Just some value added info, in case it will help you... I reused the Factory XM Antenna from the Rogue's XM Tuner module which is on the Driver side behind the "Luggage side lower finisher LH" (Driver Side). I used a 20' XM Antenna extension cable http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SQ ... ge_o05_s00 and plugged it straight in to the magenta colored FAKRA connector:
which would normally plug in to the tuner. I ran it all the way up front on the driver side of the car along the floor with the bundle of wires that run up front. I used ZIP Ties to keep everything tidy. If this information doesn't apply to you, hopefully it will help someone else who is interested in using the factory XM antenna with an aftermarket head unit. Good luck with your install.

rhconcepts

Thanks for the info, So the side trim (part 20) does need to come off? I think I remember seeing it on my 2014 when I had the trim off. Its strange that I didn't have to get to it for my 2014 but I do on the 2013. All the controls work on the 14 except the call buttons, do the phone buttons work on yours?

bill875

Yes, it is behind Part 20, but it does NOT need to come off completely. I removed the cargo net hooks and tonneau cover receiver piece, plus used a trim tool to release the tabs to pull Part 20 out enough. The floor will need to come out, but it really isn't that hard to do. I think I did it in less than 5 minutes.

In regards to the call buttons, yes, I have the Call and Push-To-Talk (Round Button on my steering wheel) working perfectly now. What I did, because of Android Auto, I programmed the Voice Command (Push-To-Talk), to control PTT on my head unit with a short press and a long press will mute audio. The Answer/Hang up (off hook/on hook) had to be manually re-programmed on the ASWC-1 using the mobile app and USB cable with OTG adapter so I could short press to answer and long press to hang up. That was a selling point to get the ASWC-1 because I had an OTG adapter and could easily reprogram it if I ever wanted to. I just left a Micro USB cable connected to the ASWC-1 behind the plastic panel below the radio on the passenger side.

rhconcepts

I forgot to ask where you jumped the wired at, was it in the back or in the front?

bill875

In the back of the vehicle is where it must be jumpered.

rhconcepts

bill875 wrote:In the back of the vehicle is where it must be jumpered.
Is it on the back wall under this panel where the break lights are?

rhconcepts

Ok I found it and here are some pics in case someone is looking for it like I was. You need to take off the flat bumper guard then pull the side panel open and you can reach in as shown.

Thanks bill875 for the help, :)

Kmil81
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

I’m sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’ve been searching all over to figure out the Bluetooth bypass for the AWSC-1 on my 2009 Rogue SL with premium audio. I bought the Axxess adapter which jumpers pin 12 to 17, 13 to 18, and 14 to 19. When the adapter is plugged in only the “end call” button does anything and it acts like “source”. When the 32 pin harness is plugged into the factory module then all steering wheel controls (volume up, down, seek up,down, source) function except for the call controls (as expected). It’s quite clear that the pin out on my 32 pin connector is different from what the Axxess document and adapter is expecting.

Bill, can you recall which pins you had to jumper for your 2008 SL Rogue?

Snakebite662000
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa SV CVT

Kmil81 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 pm
I’m sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’ve been searching all over to figure out the Bluetooth bypass for the AWSC-1 on my 2009 Rogue SL with premium audio. I bought the Axxess adapter which jumpers pin 12 to 17, 13 to 18, and 14 to 19. When the adapter is plugged in only the “end call” button does anything and it acts like “source”. When the 32 pin harness is plugged into the factory module then all steering wheel controls (volume up, down, seek up,down, source) function except for the call controls (as expected). It’s quite clear that the pin out on my 32 pin connector is different from what the Axxess document and adapter is expecting.

Bill, can you recall which pins you had to jumper for your 2008 SL Rogue?
If this is still a problem for you, i just figured it out. We need to Ground pin 15 of the sterio harness. Its the Gray one, next to the Violet and Brown wires.

Return to “Rogue Forum”