Where is the blue tooth microphone located?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Gibsonwc
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Just bought a 2018 Nissan Rogue sv. If I’m calling from my cell phone, the voice quality of the driver is crisp and clear, but the front passenger voice is barely audible. Where is the microphone located? I see 2 little dots/holes above the driver’s side where the map lights are, is that it? The dots are located closer to the left front drivers side than to the right front passenger side. On My 2015 Rogue SL that I traded in for this one, I never had a problem hearing both driver and passenger clearly. On this one, the front passenger has to really scream to be heard by the caller. Has anyone else had this Problem? I’ll be at the dealership sometime next week and will ask the question, just thought I would check this forum first. Thanks!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I think that's the right spot... weird that it wouldn't pick up passenger voice, though. Definitely worth asking about at the dealer.

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

Those two dots are the microphone. Have your passenger talk in the direction of the mic and check your call settings to make sure the incoming and outgoing call volume is set high enough.
Ken

Inetdesh
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Same issue with my 2018 SL and 2015 SL worked perfectly fine.
Took it to dealer and they said its only for driver's convenience and not for passenger. They refuse to look further.
Took it to another dealership and they updated software 3 times and it still failed.
Taking it back next week to have them check the hardware as I believe its not software issue.
Really frustrating to disconnect Bluetooth and speak over cell phone every-time we have conversation with friends and family.

bsn321
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35
2019 Infiniti QX60

Hi folks - any update to this?

I've got a 2019 Inf QX60 that is behaving the same way. On a call, the driver sounds close, clear, crisp, loud. The passenger the complete opposite - can barely hear the passenger.

Although they are looking into it, Initial response from dealer is that the driver-side microphone is for picking up the actual conversation, and the passenger microphone is only used for noise cancellation.

Any thoughts??

Thanks much -
Brad in MA

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

bsn321 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 am
Hi folks - any update to this?

I've got a 2019 Inf QX60 that is behaving the same way. On a call, the driver sounds close, clear, crisp, loud. The passenger the complete opposite - can barely hear the passenger.

Although they are looking into it, Initial response from dealer is that the driver-side microphone is for picking up the actual conversation, and the passenger microphone is only used for noise cancellation.

Any thoughts??

Thanks much -
Brad in MA
It's been reported that often the vehicle occupants, especially the passengers, have a tendency to raise their voice which actually triggers the noise cancelling feature. Speaking in a calm, normal voice may help somewhat (but I doubt it).

Truth be told, given that car manufacturers need to keep driver safety in mind, it's not surprising that they would limit the microphone's capability. The States have started cracking down on inattentive driving, and setting up the inside of the car like a rolling phone booth or office conference room is not on their priority list.

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

It just occurred to me that this might've been the case with my Rogue then. When my wife and I are in the car and on the phone with someone and my wife tries to speak, the other end usually has a hard time hearing her. I'll try an experiment by recording how the audio sounds from either side, and then different sounds from both sides.

Bored2001
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

If the issue is the passenger side microphone is used for noise cancellation, then I wonder if just plugging the passenger side microphone with some tape or foam or something would solve this problem.

ZakandJoanna22
Car: 2016 Nissan Altima

Bored2001 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35 am
If the issue is the passenger side microphone is used for noise cancellation, then I wonder if just plugging the passenger side microphone with some tape or foam or something would solve this problem.
Did you ever try doing this? Did it work? I'm having the same issue with my altima (2016) and it's super annoying. My passenger is often times one of my young adult kids and they are just wanting to throw their two cents into the conversation, and can't because whoever I'm talking to, can't hear them at all. I was hoping there was a setting that I could adjust but my guess was it's an on/off thing, if it's even adjustable at all.

Thanks!

Bored2001
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

ZakandJoanna22 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:00 pm
Bored2001 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35 am
Did you ever try doing this? Did it work? I'm having the same issue with my altima (2016) and it's super annoying. My passenger is often times one of my young adult kids and they are just wanting to throw their two cents into the conversation, and can't because whoever I'm talking to, can't hear them at all. I was hoping there was a setting that I could adjust but my guess was it's an on/off thing, if it's even adjustable at all.

Thanks!
I don't have this problem, so I never tried it.

Put some blue tape and some foam over it, see if it helps you.

Altair 4
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 1
2020 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 2

We have noted the same thing in our '18 Rogue - driver's voice is super clear and the passenger's is hardly picked up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”