where do you guys do the oil change?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jshen24755
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

just wondering where do you guys get the change oil for the Rogue? change yourself? Nissan dealership? or other oil change places? I got my first oil change at jiffy lube, but that cost about $40 so I just wonder if I should just go nissan dealership for next oil change....

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Yeah you might as well have a qualified mechanic do the oil change rather than some guy off the street working at Jiffy Lube - it's the same cost and the mechanic is also familiar with the vehicles and held to higher standards by the Nissan Service department.

mlmcgahee
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s

I use Jiffy Lube due to the time it takes. I am in and out in 10 -15 min. I stand at the bay door and watch everything they do so I know I'm getting what I pay for. If you go to the Jiffy Lube web site they have a $5.00 off cupon you can download and It's good till Jan. 09.

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

Nissan Dealer, Where I live they are cheaper than anybody else, plus it builds a great relationship with the service folks, so if something every happens they know who you are and that you are a regular customer.

MadMontie1
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Gotham Gray

Believe it or not, dealer is the best place for me. brought my last car religiously to Valvoline, which I liked, but with the new Rouge, decided as long as it was under warranty, Nissan themselves would do the basic service so if I ever have a problem with the drivetrain, they'll know I did everything.

In fact, my dealer lets me bring my own oil and then only charges me for the filter and labor, approx $25. I can get a 5 qt container of Mobil 1 for $23 at Walmart, so I get a full synthetic oil change at the dealer for under $50, you can't beat that!

kerrton

And also the Nissan dealership then has your past maint records stored on their system, and the oil change service overlaps with other maintenance items so you can get them all done at once just as it outlines in the maintenance schedule, and it reduces confusion as they always have comprehensive records of what was done..

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

I change it myself using Mobil 1 oil and a Purolator filter.

philipa_240sx

I have been doing my own oil changes for almost 18 years. I gave up on quick lube places... between overfilling, underfilling, stripping drain plugs, using the wrong filter, etc. It's hard to believe that some lube shops still can manage to screw up something as simple as an oil change.

IMHO if you find a good place for your oil changes (dealer or otherwise) then stick with it.

jonbyrd
Car: sfsdf

Hi there,

I think this information may help you out

Have you ever heard of HHO fuel that has got to be the best way to save on gas prices.?? Imagine the savings. It will cost you about $160, or two tanks of gas to install an HHO

conversion kit

Hydrogen Car Kit - Save Money and Improve MPG MassivelyHydrogen car kit empowers your car to run on water and avoid oil as fuel. A vehicle howeverwill not be able to run on water alone. There needs to be a mixture of gasoline and water toenable it to run smoothly.

Even the Water Fuel Conversion Kits - How Using Water As Fuel Helps Cut Your Gas Consumption

Recently,there is increased awareness among many drivers of a technology that uses plain

water tosupplement the cars' gasoline consumption. Called a water fuel conversion kit, it is

a simpleadd-on to your current car engine that uses your car battery to carry out an

electrolysis on water to produce Hydroxy gas (HHO). This Hydroxy gas is used to supplement

the burning ofgasoline in the car's engine.

Hydrogen generator kit for car can be better than gasoline or oil additives to raise gasmileage. When you make or do it on your own, you can save money on gas but will save lotsof dollars on the kit and reproduce the system for other automobiles on your own.

saving money should be what everyonr thinks off and I have done this by using all ideas frommy free Ebook - http://www.waterfuelkit.net

I purchased the available eBooks that teach you how to run your car on water and installed

one on my "chevy 350 small block," it's pretty easy.

kerrton

Jonbyrd,

I am very interested in alternative fuels/energy, and have considered making posts on it here. The big consideration in my mind is voiding the warranty on a vehicle by installing the kit. Also, there are a lot of quick startup companies trying to make a quick buck on this by releasing kits that haven't been properly tested, or are just low quality by design and will cause serious problems in the near future, even though they may work well immediately after install.

The world needs to change and it is changing, in terms of energy sources. We are in a transition period, and most transitions have growing pains. We are experiencing these pains in many forms right now, including high gasoline prices, and another pain will be problems with new technolgoy. This technology is essential, but in early phases will always have bugs and often consumers will pay the price. This may be battery/electric power, hydrogen, or any number of other technologies. My point is, be very careful in adopting a new technology too quickly and without due dilligence, or you may regret it.

On another note, I congratulate you on your forward thinking and willingness to explore and try new things - thinking outside the box and having motivation to actually try new things rather than just talk about them is what this planet needs to survive, and maintain our quality of life in a sustainable manner. Very interesting topic, probably worthy of its own thread!!

anchises868
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

jshen24755 wrote:just wondering where do you guys get the change oil for the Rogue? change yourself? Nissan dealership? or other oil change places? I got my first oil change at jiffy lube, but that cost about $40 so I just wonder if I should just go nissan dealership for next oil change....
I paid $31 at my local Nissan dealership one week ago for my 3 month oil change.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

I do my own at home using Mobil 1 and a Bosch filter.

I did the second change after putting 7,000 miles on the first Mobil 1 change and had to wonder if it was actually necessary at that point. The oil was in REALLY good shape still.

Of course, I do a lot of highway miles...

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

I go to dealer its only $ 29.00 and every 5th change is free plus I heave them stamp my service record book which adds resale value to car plus I just watched news special on TV about jiffy lube where they didn’t even change oil for people and just charged them money . and plus I think if you go to local dealer every time it will help you in the future in case something big comes up they know you are regular so they will charge you fare price to keep you coming back also Nissan charges lowest prices on regular maintenance I checked other ones like Toyota and Honda and they charge at least 20 to 30 dollars more for same service

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

you
philipa_240sx wrote:I have been doing my own oil changes for almost 18 years. I gave up on quick lube places... between overfilling, underfilling, stripping drain plugs, using the wrong filter, etc. It's hard to believe that some lube shops still can manage to screw up something as simple as an oil change.

IMHO if you find a good place for your oil changes (dealer or otherwise) then stick with it.
you are right jiffy lube didn’t put back my oil cap on my maxima and I found oil stick in my passenger side one time I always open hood and check to make sure everything is ok even when I go to Nissan dealer

crypto1300
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Iridium Graphite Premium Package

What about Nissan scheduled service intervals? Is oil the only thing that needs to be changed?

On my second scheduled service at my Nissan Dealer they did a bunch of other stuff too.

Leo2005

I'm doin mine at Nissan dealership. Its lifetime free oil change for me.

gi'me

I change my oil in my driveway. Takes all of 10 minutes.

kerrton

crypto1300 wrote:What about Nissan scheduled service intervals? Is oil the only thing that needs to be changed?

On my second scheduled service at my Nissan Dealer they did a bunch of other stuff too.
You're right, they inspect pretty much everything at the second service interval including the tranny fluid, suspension, etc.. and take it for a test drive. I realize that most of these items are quite simple to check as I'm sure a lot of you DIY'ers will argue, but in my opinion it is nice to have an experienced service tech with lots of experience inspect these items, as he will be aware of potential "red flag" areas to check, and will be better qualified to notice these items much better than I could. And like we've discussed in other topics, the tranny fluid is not something you can really inspect yourself, because color of fluid is only a general indicator - Nissan techs have diagnostic tools that can determine the true nature of the fluid and any problems this may indicate.

In my opinion, considering the cost of a new vehicle, I would get the maintenance items done by a certified Nissan technician. In addition to the better care my vehicle would receive, Nissan is also liable if something goes wrong or is missed in an inpsection, for example if I overtighten a drain plug during an oil change and strip it there is no one to blame but myself - I'd rather let a certified tech worry about it for me!!

HGS
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD / '97 BMW 328ic

jonbyrd wrote:Hi there,

I think this information may help you out

Have you ever heard of HHO fuel that has got to be the best way to save on gas prices.?? Imagine the savings. It will cost you about $160, or two tanks of gas to install an HHO conversion kit . . . .

Hydrogen Car Kit - Save Money and Improve MPG MassivelyHydrogen car kit empowers your car to run on water and avoid oil as fuel. . . . .

I purchased the available eBooks that teach you how to run your car on water and installed one on my "chevy 350 small block," it's pretty easy.
No doubt. I just wonder why something this simple and effective is not being used by General Motors or Ford. They certainly could use technology that improves mileage. How much did you say your mileage improved ?

lou from ny

nissan offered me "free" lifetime oil changes for a one time fee of $149. sounds like a winner to me. i usually pay around $20-$25 so that's my choice...

koolyce
Car: Rogue SL AWD 2009

lou from ny wrote:nissan offered me "free" lifetime oil changes for a one time fee of $149. sounds like a winner to me. i usually pay around $20-$25 so that's my choice...
Really lucky to get this offer.

lou from ny

really?talk to your service center. i've heard others here have also gotten this "special" offer...

good lucklou

Leo2005

Dealership in Webster, NY is offering free oil changes to any nissan and it doesn't matter where you bought the car. So if you don't mind driving and waiting you can just stop by at Vision Nissan and they will change your oil with filter for free. Remember that you have to make an appointment in advance at least a week and expect about hour or two to get the job done.

RogueGuy45
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

jshen24755 wrote:just wondering where do you guys get the change oil for the Rogue? change yourself? Nissan dealership? or other oil change places? I got my first oil change at jiffy lube, but that cost about $40 so I just wonder if I should just go nissan dealership for next oil change....
$30.00 at Kline Nissan in Maplewood. I bought this coupon book at the time of purchase that cost me $99.00. For that I received a $250.00 coupon towards the purchase of my next Nissan (or to help pay for the extra miles it will have on it at lease end). They also track every dollar I spend on service there and I will get every dollar back if I buy another Nissan up to an additional $500.00 for a total of $700.00 at lease end. Not bad.

Return to “Rogue Forum”