where do you get the money

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
ilovedrifting
Car: skateboarding and drifting

I don't know about you but im broke as **** and can't afford tires, suspension upgrades, anti-sway bars, strut bar, etc. Im guessing people like chunki dori prolly make money from drifting and others i haven't mentioned but other than that how do you do it. Maybe i just need to wait till after college when i have a job that actually pays good.

azncorruptedo17
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx SE

invest in used tires they should only be around like $50 for the rear tires other stuff just get generic things you don't need top of the line **** lol. anyway just get any job and save up don't spend money on life if you wanna do that

Anand

Job and saving up the money to buy things in a timly manner..

took me a long time to get all the things..and I am not even half way there..

get a job... live at home... buy your stuff...

ilovedrifting

Anand wrote:Job and saving up the money to buy things in a timly manner..

took me a long time to get all the things..and I am not even half way there..

get a job... live at home... buy your stuff...
got a job but it doesn't pay much, i do live at home but i gotta take care of car payments, its not payed off yet, insurance which is $600 a year and cell phone bill which is $45 a month, and then gasoline, after that comes the gf. after all those expenses i usually end up with about 2 bucks

PGBrian

workin 2 jobsliving at homerarely paying retail fo ranythingknowing peoplenot spending money on stupid stuffnot having a girlfriendetc.

crazymax
Car: 89 coupe

Donate plasma every week...

No not really but Im usually broke after the bills,rent and car stuff.

Structure240sx

$600 a year for insurance?

my jaw hit the floor a couple months ago when mine got cut in half to $1200 a year

but yea jsut manage your money. dont go out to eat everyday, and like mentioned think before you buy something.

to give you some motivation, im 19. parents give me a roof, not much more

azncorruptedo17
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx SE

lol what a coincidence... i'm 19 under my parents roof... they bought me my 240 for my bday present... parents gimme $$$ to repair car things... parents still gimme allowance ;D mujajaja

Grip Gambler

PGBrian wrote:workin 2 jobsliving at homerarely paying retail fo ranythingknowing peoplenot spending money on stupid stuffnot having a girlfriendetc.
Word!

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

ilovedrifting wrote: after that comes the gf.
easy, cut out the g/f

j/k

-Dan

Ender_Zero
Car: '03 Base Z, '91 S13 Coupe

haha, i know where you are coming from man, im broke as hell. 20 and living in my own apt with 3 jobs and paying for college by myself doesnt help out. i still drift though. i have a stock 240, but i used to work at a goodyear and i can get free used tires. i get them all the time. also, i do cheap or free mods on my car i.e. taking the bottom of the airbox off instead of buying an intake or trading the local nissan shops used tires instead of money for parts like my short shifter. you always find a way when youve got the drive. good luck!~Ender

chmercer

lol you think ryan gets paid to drift? you dont roll mbmotorsports and stock body chuki s13 when you get paid to drift. not hating, but cmon

574-240sx
Car: Nissans, Toyotas, Subaru

PGBrian wrote:workin 2 jobsliving at homerarely paying retail fo ranythingknowing peoplenot spending money on stupid stuffnot having a girlfriendetc.
Thats how I do it. I usually end up blowing my budget on alcohol. Dam parties.

As for tires learn to be friends with the local tire guys. So they can keep the decent tires they take off and give them to you. Also most of half of my parts off my car are used.

ilovedrifting

chmercer wrote:lol you think ryan gets paid to drift? you dont roll mbmotorsports and stock body chuki s13 when you get paid to drift. not hating, but cmon
Yeah well he is a damn good drifter, and some of the videos he posted looks like hes in a competition or something, so i didn't know

Structure240sx

alot of events are competitions. i know my local drifting events/practices score each other. sometimes they even have trophies

PGBrian

Ryan isn't paid by anybody for drifting.i have been there for his first ever event, and i have been to many in between, all the way up to his last event.his progression is excellent and he has gotten quite consistant.

sixxdeuce
Car: 93 rx7, G35coupe 6mt

trust me, even when you do have the money its not all that easy to blow it all on your car. I try to just do the essentials, keep decent tires on and such and buy maybe 1 or 2 mods per month. I dont even fix the dents i put in. And everything I do buy is through a hook up of some sort

Thrwnsprkz
Car: 240sx

two jobs...not wasteing money...bacically not spending money on anything but my car and food...(allready mentioned) knowing people...no gf...

and geting free tires from junk piles at dealerships

ForsakenTH
Car: Nissan S14 Zenki

i work my *** off...took me 2years to get my car and i still had to take a loan for it....its hard when your in school

BuudWeizErr

man i wish i got paid to drift.i have a couple of friends who hook me up on pricing, and some discounted / free labor for hooking them up. honestly it's mutual. like a certain friends car who owes me big time since i got his AEM setup running in his poopra. haha. i'm better at computers than he is.

but no, i do buy all of my stuff. i buy tires, parts, events, gas, etc etc. I just started a new job (edit: a good job, full time, benefits, etc), and I'm moving and some other crap, so hopefully lots of new stuff coming up soon.

accel junky

Be a cheap bastard.

I don't buy new clothes If I don't need them. I don't eat out if I dont need to.

I periodically sell everything I have. Then use the proceeds on the 240. I'm obsessed.

Oh, having a job helps. I work 20hrs a week for Computing dept, and I'm on call in the evenings doing tech support for hotel clients.

marshun

i work and only pay bills. i havent bought new clothes in forever. i just take care of the one's i got. lol. my 240 isnt my daily either. so... yeah. just save save save!

and my 240 is plain too. all the money is in the suspension. seriously

bcuz

sell lots and lots of cocaine. you see the great thing about it is that the customers keep coming back and they consistently keep buying more and more. well for a while atleast .. then...

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Easy answer.

Just be older. Get out of college, and get a job that involves a desk, a suit, a computer, and doesn't pay by the hour.

Wait, I did that, and I still don't have money for parts or a swap...lol

Probably because my S14 isn't paid for, and my insurance is nuts, and I live alone, etc...

Just my opinion, but I'd rather drive a stock car than live with my parents any day of the week.

PoorManQ45

ilovedrifting wrote:got a job but it doesn't pay much, i do live at home but i gotta take care of car payments, its not payed off yet, insurance which is $600 a year and cell phone bill which is $45 a month, and then gasoline, after that comes the gf. after all those expenses i usually end up with about 2 bucks
Um... A word to the obviously unwise, Don't go modifying a car that you don't even own .

Get rid of that stupid cell phone. You don't need it. Just think, if you got rid of the cell phone, you could save/spend an extra $540 a year. But I don't think you would even notice the money you saved because you'd probably spend it right away.

PoorManQ45

Oh, and when you need new clothes. Don't be afraid to shop at Walmart. I can go to walmart with $50 and come out with 2 pairs of jeans($10 each), 2 pairs of shorts($5 bucks each), and a whole bunch of Nice dress shirts. And I'd still have money left over to stuff my face at the McDonalds on the way out of Walmart

Be cheap/smart about everything. When I'm hungry and out, I go to McDonalds and get 1 Double Cheeseburger for $1, and a cup of water(which I fill with soda ). So, total spending = $1.07. Now throughout a day, I might eat 2 or 3 times. So that equals about $3 total for food. Now, go to most other restaurants and $3 will get you a soda.

doohopark
Car: 97 240sx

um i got shot at for about a year in iraq, and really theres no place to spend your money there, the car means more to me then most people, since i really earned the money, and no matter what some one else thinks of my car its like, really and what you do to pay for that car??

PoorManQ45

Paid $5000 for it 4 years ago. It had 72k Miles on it

I'm just trying to say that there are better places/ways to spend your money. If you want a cool drift car that doesn't cost much to modify, go buy a camero Z28. It will cost about $5k for the car, and to change the suspension, get a body kit, get a little more Hp out of the motor(400Hp) and do what ever else it takes to be drift ready will cost about $5000 more.

You were in Iraq? Where was your initial base? Most of my buddies that are in Iraq went through Germany. And there's alot of stuff to spend money on in Germany

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

doohopark wrote:um i got shot at for about a year in iraq, and really theres no place to spend your money there, the car means more to me then most people, since i really earned the money, and no matter what some one else thinks of my car its like, really and what you do to pay for that car??
From a veteran who served between 97-01...THANK YOU. Putting your life on the line for us is something I can respect. You did your job and now you are home. Again...THANK YOU!

OHH
Car: s13-

it looks like these guys have hit on almost all the ways to be cheap. They forgot to say make lots of friends. A friend may know someone who knows someone who can do this for you for cheap. I have come across tons of stuff like that. for instance i have gotten two 240's one for 50 bucks and one for 300 that way. you know you could be like me 25 ,married, full time student and two jobs. the wife does not understand my love for cars and basically bans buying stuff for it --she tells me some non-sense about how we need the money I spend on my car to eat or something.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”