Where do you find it

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
mcdaddygolf
Car: 2007 350z

Hey guys (& girls),Just bought an 04' FX35 for the wife and the anal retentive person I am had all the the fluids flushed and new spark plugs installed (I know it was sooner than needed) and throttle body cleaned. But, when I got to the air conditioning coil needing to be cleaned (the foam stuff you inject) I can not find the hook-up place. Can anyone help. FYI - it's an 04' with 68,000Kand is in amazing shape.. I personally have owned Nissan (currently 07' 350z) and Infiniti (J-30) and have loved them in the past. Are these good cars? Thanks, for your help. Cris

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

The FX is an awesome vehicle! Very unique and very well built, especially for a combination of sport and utility.

Check out the Factory Service Manual for the answer to your other question, here is a link:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Congrats on the new to you FX. I have always really liked those. They are the perfect blend of size and functionality. They do not really have any major component failures unless their maintenance is neglected, which it seems will not be an issue for you. You still may want to look into an extended warranty that covers all the electronic units (they tend to be pricey). Since you are coming up on the end of your powertrain warranty. Some of the common complaints of the 04 FX is an internal audio failure, usually only plays CDs through one side of the car. The other one I see typically is an irratic or inaccurate fuel gauge. I strongly recommend getting the repair history from an Infiniti dealer. Thery can show you any work that has been performed at any dealer nationwide.
mcdaddygolf wrote:Just bought an 04' FX35 for the wife and the anal retentive person I am had all the the fluids flushed and new spark plugs installed (I know it was sooner than needed) and throttle body cleaned. But, when I got to the air conditioning coil needing to be cleaned (the foam stuff you inject) I can not find the hook-up place. Can anyone help. FYI - it's an 04' with 68,000Kand is in amazing shape.
~How did you clean the TB? This is a notoriously risky maintenance procedure. ~What AC coil are you trying to clean. This one stumped me are you trying to clean the condenser (in-front of the radiator) or the evaporator (inside the car). If you are referring to the evaporator then cleaning that should not be worth the work required since the mircofilter stops any debris over a few microns from getting into the air box.

Again congrats on the new FX got any pics?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”