where did you get yours?

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Andy's RB'S13
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

i got min from Venus for 1500 and it was perfect comp test rite then and thur when i got home i checked the trans and the clutch was perfect had apex downpipe and when i checked the turbine it jus happen to be the rb25 with no shaft play what so ever but selling the motor because i got pulled over by a pig and they state ref' me so got screw on that....if anyone is interested let me know....

MIB
Car: 240sx

Hi,Maybe someone knows some RB25 engines importers in Chicago or near this city?

roadrunr
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX Convertible

From Jhot talked with Melissa$1367 to my door, 1061 for motor and 306 shippingShe said it has 44739 miles on it and everything is there. Oh, its automatic, and thats the way its gonna stay for awhile, till I get all the bug's worked out

Corbic

MIB wrote:Hi,Maybe someone knows some RB25 engines importers in Chicago or near this city?
Yeah, if anyone knows of midwest importors/sales that would be great. I'd love to get to pick up my set and see them with my own eyes before I toss down some major coin.

tl1000sga
Car: anything with wheels, and somethings without.

tl1000sga wrote:R33 RB26jazz pro partsTexas$3500 (read on)

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

I ordered a R34 RB26 motorset after speaking with them. They told me I would have it in a month. They sent me an R33 RB26 without the trans, starter, and a cut wiring harness. This happened early part of 06' and it still hasn't been resolved. They refused to refund the difference in the R33 & R34 or send me a trans..
Figured I bump this up to remind everyone not to buy from Jazz Pro Parts. They have avoided me and refused to make things right.

BlkrwdT

tl1000sga wrote:
Figured I bump this up to remind everyone not to buy from Jazz Pro Parts. They have avoided me and refused to make things right.
I have bought an SR from them years ago and everything is there and working, although they sent me an auto ECU. They get the engine from Osaka, well atually Osaka sent it to me because thier business cards and invoice were on there. Might as well order straight from there.

MoparMan
Car: 1946 Dodge Custom sedan with a R32 RB26DETT drivetrain

R32 RB26DETTfull front clip4g free shipping

I used tigerjapanese.com, Mike the main man was super rad, at first I was getting the complete engine set from a different car but once he got it from their Japanese lot it didn't pass comp test so he bent over backwards and got me the entire clip of the r32 they had for FREE SHIPPING and reduced price, he sent pics, plenty of recipts, answered all and every question and has been checking up on email. The clip should be here by UPS (sent the tracking #) between wed-friday this week. I'll post the results of when I open the crate

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

Good deal MoparMan! '64 Dodge with an RB? Please tell me you'll be at a show I'm attending, would absolutly love to see that in person!

MoparMan
Car: 1946 Dodge Custom sedan with a R32 RB26DETT drivetrain

Yeah its going in a 46 Dodge, She won't be ready for real shows till about August but I will be sure to keep you guys posted. I am in the middle of making a website for all the videos and pics I have that guide you through the steps of putting an RB26DETT into a 1 of 25 1946 D-24, lol !

Booztd 3
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT

Neticz wrote:

so who did you end up ordering from?
My apologies for not finishing what I started...

I ordered from royal japanese motors

These guys seemed a bit shady at first, they sent me pics of an RB26 with blue valve covers and TD05 twin turbos on it. Thinking that was the motor I was getting I paid 3500 shipped for it. The motor went out the next day and I had it in 4-5 business days.

When i received the motor it definately wasnt blue, nor did it have TD05's on it. This one was a complete bone stock R32 RB26. It was extremely clean, and seemed to have been well taken care of. To top it off we pulled the trans and found an OS Giken Triple Plate clutch setup (worth probably $1500 even used!) so I have 0 complaints with these guys

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

And here I thought I had already posted in this thread. Hummm...

Anyway, mine came in my car...one of the benefits of living here....WOOT!

robtheflyer
Car: 1996 nissan 240sx se

hey tl1000sga, hope you don't mind but I thought I'd drop a bomb on Jazzproparts because they're advertising on Z ilvia.com I guess they might be trying to sucker some more people?

ninety1two40
Car: 1991 240sx SE

RB25DET (44k miles)Front ClipJDM Customs$3500 shippedThe clip hopefully will be shipped tomorrow, no complaints yet.

I will update once I recieve the clip.

zboost300
Car: 95TT 300zx

RB26DETT

Complete engine with stock awd tranmission

Tiger Japanese Direct

$3120 SHIPPED

Overall I am EXTREMELY happy with them. I ordered the engine, paid, and got it a week later (due to the weekend and UPS being slow). Very smooth transaction. I got a LATE R32 model with the new style crank and pull style tranny.

I tore down the engine this past week, and it literally looks like new! Perfect! It was missing the PS pump, and the main harness connector was broken, but I spoke with mike at Tiger Japanese and he told me to buy the items where I find them and he refund me for those.... so If I do get my refund (roughly $300) I just got the deal of the century.

EDIT: Tiger Japanese refunded me my $350 for the missing PS pump and broken harness, so in the end I got the engine in $3100. Engine so far looks in excellent shape and isn't missing anything

Couldn't ask for more, cheap engine, new style engine, and in perfect condition On top of that I even got an upgraded nismo clutch/flywheel set-up

A+ for Tiger Japanese!!

Here a few pics.

Modified by zboost300 at 2:35 PM 5/29/2007

nissans13240sx
Car: 90 R32 GTR
91 Hatch SR20
93 Coupe KA-T
04 STI

bump for this thread, should be stickied.

Mistaken
Car: 93 240sx Coupe

Eric Japan is a Chicagoland engine retailer.

I personally ordered from JDMtigerjapanese and would recommend that everyone stay away from them.

Shanejenkins1
Car: 1993 240sx Fastback

Engine: Just ordered rb20detCompany: Jdm hotPrice: 1386 Shipped

Details: I cant say yet, but when it gets here, and gets in the car, I will comment. BUT so far they have answered any questions I have had, and worked with me the whole way, A+++! I hope it comes with everything it sayed it will come with. Should be shipped Monday.
Modified by Shanejenkins1 at 10:43 AM 9/11/2008

mattleegee
Car: s13+19 corolla

I could have sworn i saw another thread like this that was more recent

anyone have any dealings with JDM Engine Corp?

thanks

USMCgetsome
Car: OWN S13.5 RB25DET/2003 G35

purchased back in 2006rb25det engine long blockpaid 1200 totaljdm tiger japanese

STAY CLEAR! It was a motor that was in a flood and had 5 gallons of water/oil in the block. I was very lucky indeed to find that the motor was in tip top shape after i opened it up.

preston240sx
Car: S13 240sx

NEOTech Imports In San diego payed 1000 for the swap . awesome swap started first time would def buy from again actually i went back and got a silvia front end for 700 great guys and good friends http://www.neotechimports.com

datsunmotorsports
Car: 74 260Z , 71 240Z , 71 510 wagon , 68 Fairlady 2000, 82 Diesel Maxima

OKCA18DET wrote:RB20/25?clip/motor set?company/website?price?would buy from them again?
To be honest I havent purchased yet, but I do have information to add.

I live in Sacramento. Actually Im less than 10min from Venus Auto. I looked them up before ever coming to this site for info. A local friend of mine said check them out. So I went to Venus' website and looked up their address. I went out there and went on a wild goose chase... They have no sign... in fact they are in back of a building and the only pointer was a dumpster with VENUS spray painted on it... I spoke with Ronald directly. He showed me his current inventory. He has 1 RB25DET currently and a ton of the RB20DET engines. So I took a good look at his "low mileage" 2.5L engine... I can tell you that Nissan crankcase hoses last about 60K miles then they start to harden and crack... These hoses were rock hard on the valve cover. The engine is covered in aluminum oxide from sitting out in the weather as well. That really isnt his fault but its obvious its not low mileage. I asked him what it all comes with and he says everything. I ask to see everything because everything isnt in front of me and he points at a pile of random parts... somewhere in there is the ECU MAF shift etc... not pretty. The engine also has a crushed pan and was rocking around during shipment. He says he has sensors. So far things are pointing towards okay but Ive seen better engines. Here is the part why I will not buy nor recommend him.

NEVER... NEVER buy an engine like this that hasnt had a cylinder leak down test. Sometimes compression checks wont show everything.... Ron will not do this test, and his exact excuse is that he wont test an engine that has been sitting... Do you know what that means ladys and gents? He isnt willing to test an engine that has been sitting and in his own words has rust in the cylinders and therefore wont pass... if its been sitting and exposed to the elements to the point where it wont pass this test you are buying a core because that engine will need torn down and checked. Rings and cylinder walls.

This means 2 things. He either isnt willing because he doesnt have the tools or time or he is just lazy and knows someone will buy it anyway so why bother wasting his time.

This also means that if you have bought from him you have thrown your dice to the wind. You may have had good or bad luck with that, but you were gamb|ing thousands of dollars. Ron seams like a nice guy and he might be able to correct any problems, but he said he doesnt move many 2.5L engines and he doesnt receive them often. You may be out for months if something goes sour.

I would rate Ron well, but he is hard to deal with over the phone and talking to him in person is so much easier. I would take every precaution to be sure you know he is sending you a good motor.

He told me he wont be sure when he refused to do a leak down test.

I am making my choice currently and most likely I will spend the extra cash and buy from John at Neotech. He is very pleasant to talk with over the phone and even can supply you with all the info you need for specific swaps.

choose wisely, dont get ripped off.

I will post back after I receive what ever engine I end up with.

Latz and good luck

Ray

mattleegee
Car: s13+19 corolla

yeah i deceided to forget the eBay route or any route on the web and goto a local shop

yeah the price is higher but in the end seeing it run before and having that relationship with a local shop might be a good thing

the shop is highly rated and used alot on a local forum but probably doesnt sell as many as the statewide sellers online

RB24D
Car: 1996 rb25det 240

2 rb25det' ( ONE FOR S13 SOLD ONE FOR MONSTER S14)J HOTWill def buy from them again and have purchased a lot more from them customer service is to notch and staff is very eager to please and very informative.

GIJOE69
Car: Going Side Ways!

yah man....last time I was over there...I seen Ronald swapping out gauge clusters from a R33 Frontclip.....long time ago Ronald use to do good business but now lately if u want it right....be sure to ask him when will he recieve his container and when it will arrive and the very first day it arrives go there and buy the clip off him and get it the same day...ronald is Chinese so he only wants to make some $$$$ s

yotik
Car: 240sx Hatch

Japanese Engine Import

http://www.japaneseengineimport.com/

free shipping was the deal maker. Good guys who love what they do. No rip offs. In fact they dropped the first motor off the freight truck and said there would be a delay to ship me another one. Havent had any probs yet and they said they would help out with any issues even after the warranty

datsunmotorsports

Raymond Andersen wrote:> I have heard good things about you guys and I would like to buy a > motor from your company. Is there anyway that I could have a > compression test done or get a modified warranty to cover shipment in > the case of a defective engine? I mean you offer warranty on the block > and head for 30 days, you dont compression test and you will not cover > the shipping if you send out a motor that has problem, that sounds > very risky on my behalf. Like tossing the dice on almost $2K. If its > bad I toss the dice on another $700 if the next motor is bad. I have > been watching your inventory lists for both your warehouses for 2 > months.. This is the first time in months that either of your > warehouses has had a RB25DET, now both of them do. So What happens if > the motor gets sent out and its bad. I wait months before I get a > replacement, and I am responsable for shipping. Those odds sound > really bad. Would you see if I could get a modified warranty or have > someone compression test the engine before it goes out? Thats like > selling someone a untested core unit for almost the full price of a > tested good one.> Can you see if someone in your company can help me out here? Or at > least direct me to someone that may be able to help me out.>> Ray>

Hello, I do understand your concerns. Yes, The motor does have higher miles. But we do know this since we know how many miles are on the car itself, We could be like most importers and toss out a random 30-40k number but we do not. As far as the compression numbers go they are not tested in japan when the car is running, And that is the only time you can get real numbers. When the motors come to us at our warehouse they have been dry ( oil drained) for at least 2-3 months Then add on top of it the time it sits before it gets listed on ebay and the number can go up to almost half a year. We do not offer compression testing for this reason as I feel there would be no real numbers to go by since the motor is not hot. Plus we do not have the equipment to do so. Our Warranty is something that we do stand by but please understand that we can not take on the shipping costs, Since the vary a large amount and could total over 7-800 dollars in some cases. But it is also something that the terms cannot be modified on or make exceptions to. There is always a unknown risk when buying any used item, But you can judge by our Ebay feedback and word of mouth that we as a company have good track record. Thank you,Zach Is this typical?Nothing but good responses from everyone on the net, but no testing of the engines at all. Dry testing the engine is bad, dont get me wrong. If the engine is dry tested damage can and will occur. And you are suppose to test warm. You would think an offer like this would cover shipping back and forth the extra time if a faulty engine was shipped. The sellers concern was simply that it would not be cost effective to do that... Would they really loose that much money if the time had been taken to test the engines before they are ripped apart? Any returns on these engines would have been cut in half. As it stands they offer 30 days on engine block and head. Any fault to these parts would be up to me to pay shipping across the country 2 more times... At their rate that costs me 329 ea way... That adds up to I should just have bought a tested known good engine for a few hundred more.

Ray

zman07
Car: 1987 nissan 300zx, soon to be rb25det powered

I got my rb25det from tigerjapanese.com . When I got it the wire harness clip was broken I called them up and they sent me a brand new one from japan. Also I opened the engine up to see how old it was and there was no wear or tear on it at all, a great motor. I spent about 2100 dollars on it and it was deffinatly a great buy.

datsunmotorsports

RB25DETMotor SetJhot Denton Tx$1961 shippedThey have awesome customer support. The fluently speak english so you can understand everything clearly. They answered all my questions. When I had a problem with the shipping company miss-handling my engine Jhot stepped in and took care of it for me even though that was far beyond their guarantee! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Here's my link:http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=142094

SullivanRacing06
Car: r32 gtst, 06 350z, r32 gtr, rs4 steaga, 04 350z, f350/6bt

rb26dett motor settiger auto3100hell no, allot of things were missing!

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!both of the exhaust wheels were missing (over boost, or detonation)missing clutch n flywheelno mafscut wiring harnessmissing ait sensormissing ecuthe sent me 1750 back so is have 1350 into my 26!

yotik
Car: 240sx Hatch

datsunmotorsports wrote:RB25DETMotor SetJhot Denton Tx$1961 shippedThey have awesome customer support. The fluently speak english so you can understand everything clearly. They answered all my questions. When I had a problem with the shipping company miss-handling my engine Jhot stepped in and took care of it for me even though that was far beyond their guarantee! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Here's my link:http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=142094
+1 For JHOT. I ordered my R32 xmember through them. Seemed they cleaned it down before shipping and it shipped in 4days. In other words: Good quality no rust no oil no hassles.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”