Where'd you buy your turbo

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
DrDubbleB

Just what the title says, I'm just wondering where all you KA-T or even SR guys that have upgraded, bought their turbos. I was going to get DA Performances kit, because even though they can be slow, they always come through (I'm not in a hurry), but they haven't answered my e-mail and I heard that they were going out of business. So now it's time to piece together my own kit.

I'd like to get a Garrett T3/T4 hybrid turbo, but can't find anyplace online that sells them by themselves, I can only find turbos made by people like HKS (and those are expensive as I'm sure you know). Anyways, thanks for your help guys.

Atom12
Car: Baggo, cars, and more recently home improvement...I need a job.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/They use Garrett guts, hope that helps.

Daunttless

They are out of business, I only heard of ONE person actually receiving anything that could be verified, and they sent him the wrong stuff. It was corrected, but lots and lots of time. : ) A lot of people either buy OEM turbos off of other cars, thats all the DA kit was, or they buy turbos from places like Turbonetics, Garrett, HKS, GReddy, INCON, the list goes on. There really are a lot of choices and it depends what size, options, and name you want on your turbo. : ) Good Luck!

DrDubbleB

Yeah, I just basically wanted a cheap (but not toooo cheap) Garrett T3/T4 turbo like the one in the DA kit was. I actually found a place that's offering kits for around $2700 and includes EVERYTHING you need to get the kit up and running, with the acception of the turbo drain hole drilled into the oil pan (which DA would include a new oil pan, or you could send in yours if you didn't want to pay the $80).

Unfortunately I don't have $2700 right now which is why I was going to try and piece together my own (I was supposed to get $960 from insurance for my stolen stereo equip, which would have put me well over $2700, but they decided to replace for me instead of writing a check, damn!).

What vehicles come with a T3/T4 turbo stock that you know of? I'm still hoping to be able to piece together most everything that I need now and finish it in a month or so.

By the way, as for Turbonetics, I went there last night and looked at their stuff, but the way they had pricing was a little confusing because I don't know all of the abbreviations they are using. Here's an expample from their price sheet for the T3/T4 turbos:

CA - CHRA T3/T4B HYBRID CHRA ASSY. $ 540.00 CA - TURBO T3/T4B HYBRID TURBO ASSY. $ 867.62 CB - CHRA T3/T4B HYBRID CHRA ASSY. - BALL BRG. $1,140.00 CB - TURBO T3/T4B HYBRID TURBO ASSY. -BALL BRG. $1,513.28 CC - CHRA T3/T4B HYBRID CHRA ASSY.SPR SERIES COMP. $ 590.00 CC - TURBO T3/T4B HYBRID TURBO ASSY.SPR SERIES COMP. $ 917.00

I'm guessing that when it has CHRA first, that that is not the full turbo and when it has the TURBO first, it is? I don't know, they don't have a legend for the price sheet, so that's just a guess. :help

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

CHRA= Center Housing and Rotating Assembly so it's everything but the housings.

DrDubbleB

Thanks for the explanation man!!!

240man
Car: Aerospace

Heres a better list:

Intercooler (Apexi)Piping (IC)50lb injectors (MSD)Fuel Rail (JWT)Ecu (JWT) 1995Turbo t3/t4 (Garrett) - rebuilt not long ago - all new parts insideDownpipeAir FilterMass Air Flow Sensor (Cobra R- JWT)Exhaust Gas Temp - Peak Hold (Greddy)Gauge Pod (Autometer and Greddy)Fuel Press Reg (SX)Wire Harness From my 95Manifold (Custom Top)Oil HosesWastegate (Turbonetics Deltagate)Turbo Timer (Blitz)Boost Contr (Greedy Profec B)Boost Gauge (Autometer Ultralite)Air Fuel Ratio (Autometer)Oil Pressure (Autometer Ultralite)Whats Missing? Blow off valve (not incl) and upgraded fuel pump

I'm asking $3100 for the whole Ka24de setup,

[email protected]if your interested

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

What kind of psi do you need to run to get 300rwhp? Is this safe on stock internals, or should someone upgrade for such HP? Just curious... thanks

DrDubbleB

300rwhp is safe on stock internals. Thanks for the offer man, very tempting. Unfortunately it's not the setup I'm looking for. I have very specific things that I'm looking to get. Luckily I found a place to buy the turbo seperate from everything because now it's looking more likely than I thought before!!! :D

maxpsi

I have a wholesale license so i can get some turbos for cheaper than what you may find from some places but maybe not all places, I dont know. I can get a new Garrett t3/t4 for $550. The company i got my turbo from normally charges around $750-900 for them. T3/t4s will not fit all 240 turbo manifolds though. Revhard manifolds require an "on-center" type exhaust housing which unfortuantly cost a bit more in order to fit between the head and master cylinder.

Drdubble: Turbonetics is confusing, but the the CHRA t3/t4 for $540 is only the housings and does not include the middle bearing housing. Therefore its not complete. The one for $867.62 is the complete turbo but the trim is too small for any major hp. I do agree that Da can be slow, but have excellent work from what i have gotten from them. They did all of my port and polishing work also. I was very satisfied with the work, but it did seem like it took a long time. Dont know why it takes so long, but have heard that there is only 2 guys that do everything there. I dont know.

Let me know if i can get anyone a turbo.

PSI240SX
Car: Smoking V8's

maxpsi wrote:Revhard manifolds require an "on-center" type exhaust housing which unfortuantly cost a bit more in order to fit between the head and master cylinder.
I have a Tangenal (sp) mount or off center turbo on my revhard manifold and it works just fine with my T3/T4

ADAMHU

what i would do (and did) is go to your local diesel truck turbo repair/sales center and have them build you one to your specs..they have tons of parts and can build anything you want...

i got my t3/t4 built to my specs for $459us ..$749cdn

and they also rebuild them as well...

remember who do you think has economies of scale...aftermarket performance shops for cars...or diesel truck turbo repair/sales places...think about it..

DrDubbleB

Good lord, thanks for all the replies, I forgot I posted this! :P My car was broken into, I don't know if some of you know this or not, but because of that, this has been put on hold! :(

Tyler2
Car: CARS, COMPUTERS, ETC

DrDubbie, can you possibly E-mail me that link where you found a complete turbo kit for the KA24DE? I have a 1991 240SX SE, and am seriously considering a turbo setup. E-mail = [email protected]

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”