Where can I find Genuine Nissan touch-up paint?

All things Altima Coupe.
Sith LL_Coupe
Car: Precision Grey Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT (Prem. & Tech. Pkg.)

Well I officially had my first minor vandalism to my car today. I go to my car this morning to run some errands and noticed some keyed my driver side door. The scrape is about 2 1/2 feet long. It's thankfully not down to the metal, but still a nasty scrape. I know it was one of the f'ing kids from the highschool near my apartment cuz I parked on the block that leads from the subway to the school on friday.

Anyways, so obviously now I have to deal with the issue of fixing it. I was thinking of just going to the dealership and buying some touch-up paint from them, but figured I'd ask my boys on NICO for their help in finding maybe a good online place to buy it at. Does anyone know a website where I can buy some, and how much it'd cost?

I also wanted to know the best way to procede with doing the touch-up. I've never had any of my 2 previous cars keyed surprisingly (I guess people only do this to brand new cars or something), so what steps do I have to take once I get the touch-up paint? Are there any additional items I will need to fix it?

I appreicate any help anyone can give me. And I swear I would of loved to have been there when these kids were about to mess with my car, they would of gotten the beating of their life.

-Sith

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

it may be able to be buffed out... and touching up such a large area is risky on your own IMO...

I had a tree branch fall on my hood... made a 3 foot scratch, a straight line, then a jagged turn to the left twd the headlight... i was so pissed...

Brought it to my nissan boys (maybe come out to my tech's shop if you like) i gave their detailing guy 20 bucks and i couldnt tell where it was when he was done.

I had my last car (mustang) keyed 2 times... once wasnt that bad.. the othr time they did it with a screwdriver on pretty much every panel of the car

CanadianCoupe
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 6MT

If the scratch is on the surface you may be able to buff it out with some rubbing compound.

As for touch up paint, this probably wont work especially if you are talking about the touch up pens you buy at the dealership for stone chips. You will most likely notice the touch up paint if you do it yourself.

You should probably take it to a body shop and then wait around next Friday for those *****'s to collect your payment.

psi101101
Car: 2009 altima coupe 2.5s

yea i agreee with LBC on the risky part if u do it on your own, i just brought it up to my dealership and they did it for 25 bucks..

yours cant be worse then mine haha, my passenger side had a 4 foot scrape from a key...people just dont like the sexiness of our coupes i say..

dl_yeunuoc
Car: altima coupe

I got my touch up paint from dealer for $10

Sith LL_Coupe

$25 bucks doesn't sound all that bad to me. For some reason, I woulda thought taking it to the stealership would have cost me my left foot.

Thanks guys for the advise. I'm going to try and swing by my dealership on wednesday before the holiday.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Duplicolor sells a kit now for minor scratches that has instructions on how to prime, wet sand, etc... to get it looking good - but this scratch might be a little too much...grab some touch up paint from the dealer and then find a good body shop (maybe LBC's) to get it done the right way.

AwsSkater
Car: Altima Coupe

Someone keyed my car at school about 2 weeks ago, big 2' scratch from the drivers side door towards the rear lights.

I asked the parts guy at the dealership what he would recommend and he said don't ask the guys there to fix it, just buy a nice scratch remover. He recommended Quixx. I tried it and it worked great, theres no way to tell there was a scratch there. The kit was $20 and comes with 2 polishing tubes, 2 polishing cloths, and 4 strips of 3000 grain sandpaper to wetsand with.

Quixxusa.com if you wanna check it out

Sith LL_Coupe

UPDATE:

So I go to my Nissan dealer today (Bay Ridge Nissan in Brooklyn) and grab a service guy smoking his ciggy and shooting the sh** with his co-workers and ask him for a price quote on a key-scratch. He comes outside and gives it a quick over in the dark and says, "$650".

I didn't even respond right away cuz I think I was in shock. I reply, "You're kidding me...". "No, I have to match the driver's side door to the front and rear fenders to make sure it's a perfect color match. It's not as easy as it looks" he says. Thinking this guy is full of doo-doo and it's the end of the day before Thanksgiving, I think he just wanted to give me some bogus figure so I'd go away and he could BS the rest of his day and go home for tomorrow's triptofan enduced coma. I say to him, "So if I wanted to go ahead with this, how much would it really cost?" His reply, "Really, it's going to cost you $650". So I said, "Okay, how much does the touch up paint cost?", "Bout 10 bucks".

So long story short, I walked outta there with a Nissan Touch Up Paint Code W40 for $7.69 and called it a day.

Brian, I think I'm going to take you up on your offer and hit up your guy out in LI to help me fix my baby. Let me know when is the best time to do this, it doesn't have to get fixed right away, but before the year's end is good.

Seas05g35
Car: 2005 infiniti g35

If anyone gets back on this post(since it's now 2017) I would recommend checking out ammo nyc on YouTube. The guy that does the videos, Larry kosilla, is great at detailing and stuff like this. He has a video of a g55 Merc that was keyed and takes you through each step. Great info, and seems to be a great fix for about 30$.
Some guy I used to work with keyed my g35, passenger side mirror all the way back to the tail light, made it through the clear coat and paint on most, and a few inches was down to the bare metal. I'm gonna try Larry's way first, and if it doesn't turn out, I'm taking it to the shop and the punk will pay for it.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”