When is the new M45 coming?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Q45Viper

I have just been quoted an incredible deal on a new M45. The old Q will remain in the family. My question is when is the new M coming? I have heard not 2004 but 2005. I have also heard spring of 2004 as an early 2005 model. I have also heard 2005 model but not until jan 2006 as there will be so many leftovers to push out. I love the M and love the deal but would hate to be stuck with an older model if the new one is stunning. I saw some drawings recently on the new model and it did not look horribly different, just more rounded. The worst thing to me would be if they added more performance and I missed out. I'm gonna lease the M for business reasons so I would be stuck. Can anybody shed some light on the questions?

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

There is no reliable information on stuff like this and it's fruitless to try to guess or rely on rumors. Just sign a two or three year lease on current model and worry about it again when the lease runs out.

Hanging out on internet too much only fuels the fires of speculation.... none of which means much.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

I was told by someone who was briefed by Infiniti USA that the current M45 was scheduled for a 18 month production run. Hence, I expect that the 2005 model introduction will be in the second half or 2004. It will be all new, even possibly a revised engine and drivetrain.

So if you are not in love with the current car, don't buy it. The new one will be more expensive, and I am betting you won't get the deals you can now on the current M45.

Metroyed

This guy i know once spoke to this guy who's sister's boyfriend's uncle's old stepfather's roommate knew a guy who knew a guy that worked for Infiniti, and i guess the new M45 isn't even going to be a car, it's a spaceship.

can't wait!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I think answer is no one knows for sure but most rumors are for a 2005 model year.

Not soemthing that would keep me from buying a 2k3 M45 since tehre are only 2 possible outcomne of teh remodeling:

a)It's not a great improvement in which case its not worth worrying aboutb) Its a lot better ( which would be difficult to achieve) in which case ,it wont be the incredible value the M45 is now and won't get any discounts.

If I was ready for an M45 I would buy now (and I akm getting more ready by the day)

Fred.:)

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

PalmerWMD wrote:I think answer is no one knows for sure but most rumors are for a 2005 model year.
I think my source would since he works in management at an Infiniti dealer. The 18 month model run is fact. That the body (if not the chassis) will be vastly different is assumed by the industry. The rest is much more conjectural.

__________________Brian1995 Q45 & Q45t

Discover the power of the button!

PalmerWMD

Brian:I wasnt specifically referrering to your post.Actually I hadnt even read it yet, as I am speeding thru the site trying to catch up with stuff; cuz I was out of the loop the last couple of days.

Fred..:)

Jason B

I you love the current M45 body style go for that. That is going to be the last model that has the boxy/sleeper look that's true to Infiniti. That look is being phazed out in new models (like just about every other man.), so grab one now if that's what YOU LIKE. In five years, everything is going to look like a spaceship.

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Fred, welcome back. No. it's cool. Just wanted to state what was related to me unequivocally as fact by someone who should know. Unfortunately, the Chevelle look is probably gone after this year. I rather like it.__________________Brian1995 Q45 & Q45t

Discover the power of the button!

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

Even if they change the body, and the drivetrain, the 03 & 04 M45's are still a smokin' deal right now. In 2005, if the imrpovement is vast, the used 03 & 04 models will just be that much of a better deal. If I want to get to 60 MPH much faster, I would buy a G35 coupe.

I think the improvements will be cosmetic, and mostly the interior room increased, and the engine/drivetrain will probably be de-tuned, if anything. Nobody really raved about the performance. There we a lot of negative comments about back and front seat room, so if Infiniti is listening to the car mags, that will change.

I think any larger of interior will make a wider car, or longer, and that is not what I want. I like the proportions of the M45.

ErikM3

Wtf!!! I just got my M45 on 9/11 and the beyotchh is already gonna be replaced in 18 months. Good thing they bascially gave me the car.

PalmerWMD

Erik:No worry!It's a great car.If the replacement is any better it will cost more.

The M45 is a great car and I think many will buy them still when the 05 model year is out.

Fred...:)

airman
Car: q45t

ErikM3 wrote:Wtf!!! I just got my M45 on 9/11 and the beyotchh is already gonna be replaced in 18 months. Good thing they bascially gave me the car.

In anyway, you're not getting the freshest model. Did you know that M45 you just bought was available in Japan since mid 2000?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I still haven't seen many around. I think if you bought one, you would be one of a select group of people to own a M45. I think that that makes it even more worthwhile to buy one before they change. It always good to have a car that few others have. It makes you that much more special. I don't know about waiting and getting one used, since there aren't many out there right now. Those that are out are most lilely to be kept because the person buying really liked the car and plans on keeping it for awhile. Just my thoughts.

I am taking my G35 coupe in for an oil change and the recall on the brake lamp switch on Thursday. I hope they hook me up with a M45 loaner for the day, but they will probably give me an I35 like last time.

G8R45

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to perceived value of a car down the road. A car should be looked at in one of two ways: an emotional experience or a utilitarian purchase. Either way it is the worst investment you can make. I tend to look at cars emotionally. I really enjoy driving. I put a lot of miles on my cars for business so I feel like I want to enjoy the time I spend on the road. If I was a lot smarter I would buy 1 or 2 year old Honda's, Toyotas' or Nissans' at the auction, drive the H**l out of them, and then do it over again. I suspect that most of us on this Board tend to be closer to the emotional car purchaser than the practical one. I have always kind of felt like Infinitis allows me to drive a great, great car and still be practical

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”