When is a boat a yacht...when is a Crossover a Luxury Vehicle

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
sailorman
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Being a sailor and having owned a few boats...I began to wonder when would my boat be considered a yacht. Yachting sounds so much more enjoyable and relaxing...sailing the waters of the LISound like JPMorgan. I leased a 2005 Acura Rl....loved it....a great understated luxury car. I was actually going to buy it off lease. But my Acura dealer did everything wrong to try to keep me in the Acura family and even scared me off of buying a car that the service dept thought was too complicated to maintain. Started looking for a new car a few months ago - I have always admired how much value you get with Japanese cars and have watched Nissan and Infiniti hit home run after home run. Although I had not seen an EX35 on the road...went into the local dealer and was impressed. When I realized that sales on the EX35 had not gotten hot yet...got a few offers from other dealers - had one dealer bidding against the other...got a GREAT price...and then found out that they were offering 0% for 6 years...too good to pass up...fully loaded, too. I Love My EX35...and everyone who gets inside...sees the outstandingdesign/execution and quality and can't believe I only paid a little over $40,000 - $605 per year for 6 years with ZERO down. I know that Infiniti advertises the EX35 as a Luxury Crossover Vehicle....but can you consider this a luxury vehicle when people are paying even more for cars that are definitely not luxury...only more expensive. Maybe I should be asking What is a Luxury Vehicle...but maybe it does not matter since I think that Nissan and Infiniti know exactly how to create this image in every category - in almost every vehicle they come out with.I was showing my EX35 to a friend who has a BMW535...asked him what he thought it would sell at if a BMW...how about $70,000 - WOW Maybe the EX35 is an underpriced Luxury Vehicle?

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to the forum, sailorman, and congratulations on a well-written, thought-provoking post!

Having been a long-time Audi owner (almost 20 years), the value equation of the EX35 was a significant motivator for me also. We Canadians don't enjoy the same deep discount pricing, but compared to other marques, it's still the value leader.

Cheers,David

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Now that the Canadian Dollar is doing it's gentle slide downhill... I would expect the cross-border car-shopping will slow down too.

I paid a little more than $40K but less than $50K for a fully loaded EX35 and my Wife has no worries about anything cause the deal was made locally and making her life simpler was what buying an Infiniti was all about.

I look forward to seeing her bomb around in the Snow with AWD.

The past couple of Cars she's had have always left he stranded on numerous occasions.

Every guy wants a good Car for their Wife... and I think the EX35 fits the bill.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”