Wheels Purchased... OMG I dont know.

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

Ok Put engine in my car driven it for 4 months now... Love it.. I dont know anything about wheel fitment.. So like a dumbass I purchased wheels online and they are inroute... Please tell me I did not FUXORED myself

I got 8.5x18 35 offset for the front
I got 9.5x18 35 offset for the rears..

I do believe Im ok with the fronts... the rears are kinda iffy I think I got 1.5 inch between my tire and strut tower the calc online said the inside would be .09 in wider.. I dunno my head will explode. :wtf2:

any help would be appreciated.

Exciting news. purchased my vinyl wrap material I got the https://youtu.be/83gR9jBU-4g saturn glitter white..

Thanks Guys.

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

I'm definitely NOT a wheel guru, but the info you gave seems to say you're just OK by about one half inch...but which is also impacted by the tires you use as they can and generally will (unless going the stretched route) extend past the wheel rim bead on both sides by some amount, and which would need to not exceed that 1/2" you may have by much to ensure no-rub driving. Also to consider is the compressed dimensions as when independent suspension compresses it also changes the geometry and COULD cause an issue. Be SURE to dry-fit everything first to check for potential rubbing, OR,
Best bet is to contact a competent tire shop you would use to mount the wheels and tires, and have them go over your car and wheel sizes to determine the best tire size to work with your wheels, should the wheels you bought be usable in your application. They will be able to direct you to the best tire size considering all of the potential issues, or to direct you to the correct wheel size should the sizing be the issue.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

When compared to the factory 18x8 +30 wheels the front wheel will be -5mm further in. The rear wheels will be +14mm extended towards the fender.

mrwrolguy
Car: 2004 White 350z Touring Edition

I have the wheels installed... no rubbing and look great.. Sorry for the hit and run. Here is a pic of 8.5 on front and 9.5 with +35 offset on my Z.. No problems.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”