wheels m35

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dsandb
Car: 2006 infiniti m35

I had 2 18" wheels stolen from my m35 awd. Does anyone have any good places to buy oem replacements?

I have an offer to buy 4 m35/45 19" wheels. Will that work as a replacement for my 18" wheels?

Are there special wheel locks I need to buy and if so where can i get them?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

dsandb wrote:I had 2 18" wheels stolen from my m35 awd. Does anyone have any good places to buy oem replacements?

I have an offer to buy 4 m35/45 19" wheels. Will that work as a replacement for my 18" wheels?

Are there special wheel locks I need to buy and if so where can i get them?
Welcome to NICO. I am sorry it happened under these circumstances, though!

1. OEM replacements for the 18" wheels are occasionally available at eBay. Buying from the dealer can be expensive (will insurance cover it, though?), so you can also try our friendly Infiniti source: http://www.infinitipartsusa.com and ask for Joe Tsensky. He really helps out NICO members with reduced prices!

2. The 19" Sport wheels ought to fit, but those are also likely to be stealth targets. Beware that tires are expensive in a 19" size. Tire selection is also limited.

3. Infiniti/Nissan sells a set of 4 wheel locks for a very nominal cost (I think it was about $30 or $35 or so). Joe Tsensky can get you a set of these. Be aware that wheel locks only deter the simple criminals and the drive-by crooks and juveniles. People seriously looking for wheels carry tools to glue on bolts onto the wheel locks. No simple solution except to avoid leaving your car in places where theft is likely to occur and this is not practical for many people.

Again, sorry to hear the news.

Z

TXSJaybird

Dsandb,

Sorry to hear that. Im not 100% sure the sport rims and tires would work on an AWD. Anyone confirm?

Curious...did you have the factory wheel locks on? Im guessing so, any criminal can bypass those pretty easily I guess.

Too bad youre not closer, I would consider selling my sports rims/tires. Im already thinking aftermarket....

szh

TXSJaybird wrote:Too bad youre not closer, I would consider selling my sports rims/tires. Im already thinking aftermarket....
Just be aware of the tricky offset required for these cars! See my stickies for more info.

Z

szh

TXSJaybird wrote:Im not 100% sure the sport rims and tires would work on an AWD. Anyone confirm?
The stock 18" are 18x8 JJ with 47mm offset and the 19" are 19x8.5 JJ with 50mm offset. This does make it a trickier fit for many wheels. The M35 would certainly take both wheels, of course, but the AWD is a good question! I think I would say "yes", but it would be good to ask the dealer about this or call Infiniti corporate to confirm.
TXSJaybird wrote:Im guessing so, any criminal can bypass those pretty easily I guess.
Unfortunately, criminals explicitly looking for wheels carry the tools to do so. The wheel locks (factory or otherwise) only deters the petty thefts.

By the way, if you do not get the Infiniti/Nissan factory locks (made by McGard,) be careful! Others tend to have poor quality (rust easily), or the seat of the nut may not be the right shape for your wheel, etc. I would strongly recommend sticking to the OEM - cheap enough anyway!

Check out the McGard web site for some of their competitions wheels lock failures.

Z

dsandb
Car: 2006 infiniti m35

Where are you located? I may be interested

TXSJaybird

In Houston. Sorry, im not going to ship.

Done that before and it was a total pain.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”