Wheel Well Trim/Lining

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
irateknate
Car: Black '08 Rogue SL w/ premium

I think I figured out what is missing, making the Rogue a little plain: The wheel well trim. I'm talking about the 3/4" or so of hard bolt on plastic lining the wheel well on many vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the cheap chrom trim you can buy at Wally World. Best example is on the infinitis (fx35, fx 45, and ex35). I'm sorry for I do not really know howto add a picture correctly and really don't want to infringe on any copyright/legal issues. Does anybody know where we can get these? I thought about trying to fit fx35 trim on my rogue, but the newer infinitis trim connects to the ront and rear bumpers. Anybody have any ideas because I believe this will fill up just enough of the huge gap between tire and wheel well (from outside/side view of vehicle) to make it classier, especially with larger aftermarket wheels.

philipa_240sx

You are referring to this:

Image courtesy Nissan

BTW, IMHO it's OK to post links to photos from mfg websites, etc. so long as you quote your source like I did above

Back to the wheel well trim. It depends on how it's mounted. On my '87 Pathfinder for example, the wheel well trim overlapped the body panel around the wheel well. It was a fantastic place for dirt, sand, etc to get trapped and scratch the hell out of the paint... sound familiar? I removed them for a cleaner look.

You could achieve the same look with some 3/4" wide self adhesive black door bumper trim. And avoid all the issues with trapped dirt, rusting fasteners, etc. Something like this:

http://www.trim-gard.com/

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

irateknate wrote:I think I figured out what is missing, making the Rogue a little plain: The wheel well trim. I'm talking about the 3/4" or so of hard bolt on plastic lining the wheel well on many vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the cheap chrom trim you can buy at Wally World. Best example is on the infinitis (fx35, fx 45, and ex35). I'm sorry for I do not really know howto add a picture correctly and really don't want to infringe on any copyright/legal issues. Does anybody know where we can get these? I thought about trying to fit fx35 trim on my rogue, but the newer infinitis trim connects to the ront and rear bumpers. Anybody have any ideas because I believe this will fill up just enough of the huge gap between tire and wheel well (from outside/side view of vehicle) to make it classier, especially with larger aftermarket wheels.
...I agreed with your assessment....you might want to take a look at mygallery link and see what I did....Mine were about 1/2" wide, not 3/4" wide.Still came out look'n really good in combination with the splash guards.See what you think.....cost me under $20 total.

irateknate
Car: Black '08 Rogue SL w/ premium

Thanks philipa_240sx. The infiniti pic you used was the exact pic I was gonna use just because the wheel trim stands out on that particular color. I may have to look into the link you provided. I have seen the wheel well trim on the infiniti up close and I would rather have somethink sturdier like that, almost a "body part" rather than an accessory...but I found a OEM inifiniti sight and the part looks to be ~$67.99 per wheel well, and that is way too high for me to spend if they were not particularly made for the Rogue. I'll look into the link you provided for it probably is much cheaper, and if it will save me from undue paint scratching as you believe then that may be the route I take.

Just saw your posting mistergib. Yeah it looks very clean and decent. But I was hoping for it to be quite thicker and able to be seen very well from a side view. I see it well on the single up-close shot, but not on the pulled back side shots...are the trims on when you took the other shots? or are they just not that visible? And where did you get your trim (brand of trim)?

Thanks philipa_240sx & mistergib for the detailed info/pics.

mistergib

Mine I bought from Pep Boys....its the Trim Brite with the 3M adhesive,which I believe is the ONLY adhesive to use.

Anyway, mine being silver, they do not show up prominently...but, naturally, the wider you go the more it will stand out. Yes, the pics inmy gallery were taken with the moulding ON.....the prominence dependson the color of your Rogue, and the mouldings width, as you alreadyknow.

The main thing is that mine does look clean, and looks "factory"....and it'llstop the stupid door dings! Good luck with yours.....

philipa_240sx

MisterGib, I should have guessed someone had already done this. Looks great BTW.

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

It looks nice up close! They have it in Gray too??

mistergib

Sorry, did not see the trim offered in gray, only black and chrome. Youmight be able to find it in other colors on the net using a Google search??

Gib

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

C'mon, you know what is really missing - big red and orange flames along the sides of the vehicle. Surprised you haven't already thought of it!

jhrain
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Any chance you can post a close up picture of the rear wheel well? Since the door cuts into the space, I'm curious how you managed to keep that looking clean while having the trim in place?

JIM

P.S. Love the pic's, it was one of the reasons we purchased ours. They were better than the pic's at nissan.com

mistergib

Palmateer wrote:C'mon, you know what is really missing - big red and orange flames along the sides of the vehicle. Surprised you haven't already thought of it!
That's not my cup of tea....must be yours though since YOU thought of it,go for it man, I won't laugh too loud!

mistergib

jhrain wrote:Any chance you can post a close up picture of the rear wheel well? Since the door cuts into the space, I'm curious how you managed to keep that looking clean while having the trim in place?

JIM

P.S. Love the pic's, it was one of the reasons we purchased ours. They were better than the pic's at nissan.com
Thanks Jim....I just went and took a picture of the rear fender well mouldings....they look as good and as factory as the fronts do. I sentthe picture to your email address.

Gib

jhrain

Strange, I haven't gotten it yet. But, I use SBC Yahoo and the SPAM filters are very agressive. I'm trying to modify the filter, and not having much luck.

What is the last part of the e-mail address so I can sort?

JIM

AznJohn22

mistergib wrote:
Thanks Jim....I just went and took a picture of the rear fender well mouldings....they look as good and as factory as the fronts do. I sentthe picture to your email address.

Gib
I want to see. Sharing is caring.

mistergib

....ok...ok....I decided to go ahead and put the picture in my Photo Bucketgallery, so.....go to the gallery link at the bottom of this post, it will bethe first picture in my gallery there.....

Gib

AznJohn22

so it came in two pieces?

mistergib

AznJohn22 wrote:so it came in two pieces?
No, it comes in one big roll..... First you cut the proper angle on the endthat will butt-up against the splash guard, then you apply it to the fenderwell as one long piece, then carefully trim it to size, including the door gap,with a razor-blade knife. Its really quite easy, just take your time .....

Palmateer

Maybe some clever person here can do a Photoshop...
mistergib wrote:
That's not my cup of tea....must be yours though since YOU thought of it,go for it man, I won't laugh too loud!

mistergib

...no, please don't....what I meant was that it would look like crap!...

jhrain

Fantastic picture, also demonstrates how clean your car still is.

Gonna start looking for this product. I'm in Saint Louis, so it's either online ordering or fighting with the idiots at AutoZone. The first three stores I went in had spots on the shelves for the product, none in and no expectation to inventory.

Palmateer

Just kidding
mistergib wrote:...no, please don't....what I meant was that it would look like crap!...

Return to “Rogue Forum”