wheel speed sensor

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tmill
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S

hello,

I have a 2009 Rogue S. I pulled a code which pointed to a malfunctioning wheel speed sensor. I pulled out the sensor (driver side front) and the end of it was severely damaged. I get a replacement sensor put it in and it will not go completely down into the hole. My first thought was that they gave me the wrong sensor.

So...I take the sensor out of the other side (passenger side front) and compare it to the new part. Same size, so I put the new sensor into the hole on the passenger side and it fits perfectly! What could possibly cause the driver side to be a different depth that the passenger side? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

There could be build up of gunk in the hole.
Look in there and see if it is clear. It is possible the damaged sensor left some ground up parts in the hole.

Also, try spin the wheel a bit and see if something is rotating on the ridges of the wheel HUB. The fact that the sensor was damaged also makes me wonder if something rotated and damaged the sensor.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Rockhoundrob wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:06 am
Also, try spin the wheel a bit and see if something is rotating on the ridges of the wheel HUB. The fact that the sensor was damaged also makes me wonder if something rotated and damaged the sensor.
Sounds like a crapped wheel bearing. Time for a new hub.

Return to “Rogue Forum”